Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing Treasure Cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Hi there

For the past week or so when I use a Monstrous or Gargantuan spell on Frost Giant, Colossus or Snow Angel, it creates the treasure card in my spell deck while fighting so can use it ok then, but it disappears from my treasure card inventory after combat so am unable to add the left over cards to my sidebaord.

Is this a bug or has the treasure card system been changed without me noticing as I am pretty sure before this last week that the left over created treasure cards could be added to the sideboard ok.

My treasure card inventory isnt full as when I first noticed this problem I was at 381/500.

I sent a message to support asking about this 5 days ago but havent received a reply yet, would appreciate some feedback please.

Regards

Suri IceHeart on Seraph

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Possibly related to your same issue:

I've recently seen the message "traded 0 for 0 treasure cards." Having enough room for additional treasure cards (and the message would state "this wizard cannot complete the trade" if this was the case), after seeing this message occurs the treasure cards simply vanish.

Administrator
Rallya wrote:
Hi there

For the past week or so when I use a Monstrous or Gargantuan spell on Frost Giant, Colossus or Snow Angel, it creates the treasure card in my spell deck while fighting so can use it ok then, but it disappears from my treasure card inventory after combat so am unable to add the left over cards to my sidebaord.

Is this a bug or has the treasure card system been changed without me noticing as I am pretty sure before this last week that the left over created treasure cards could be added to the sideboard ok.

My treasure card inventory isnt full as when I first noticed this problem I was at 381/500.

I sent a message to support asking about this 5 days ago but havent received a reply yet, would appreciate some feedback please.

Regards

Suri IceHeart on Seraph

Let me get some clarification from you, young Wizard.
Are you using trained Sun School Spells or Treasure Card Sun School Spells?

Once a treasure card is successfully used (cast) it is used up.
When you enchant a card with a Trained Sun School spell, it is only enchanted until you use it, or the duel ends.
If you fizzle an enchanted card, it goes back into your deck and may reappear later.
If you successfully cast an enchanted card with a Sun School Treasure Card, you've cast it, it's used.
If you successfully cast an enchanted card with a trained Sun School spell, both of those spells will be available again in your next duel, just like any other spell you cast.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been having the same problem on my Legendary Pyro. Twice I have used Gargantuan on a Fire dragon spell which fizzled. But neither of the enchanted fire dragons are showing up in my treasure cards. I am not concerned about the Gargantuan as it is from gear. But to enchant a spell that ends up as a fizzed spell then completely disappears is out of the normal.

Is there a reason for this to be happening?

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Let me get some clarification from you, young Wizard.
Are you using trained Sun School Spells or Treasure Card Sun School Spells?

Once a treasure card is successfully used (cast) it is used up.
When you enchant a card with a Trained Sun School spell, it is only enchanted until you use it, or the duel ends.
If you fizzle an enchanted card, it goes back into your deck and may reappear later.
If you successfully cast an enchanted card with a Sun School Treasure Card, you've cast it, it's used.
If you successfully cast an enchanted card with a trained Sun School spell, both of those spells will be available again in your next duel, just like any other spell you cast.

Hi there

Oh my, I think this may be why my treasure cards are "missing", I thought you got a created treasure card when using either a gargantuan treasure card or trained spell.

I was using the gargantuan treasure card but then trained the gargantuan sun spell and have been using this in duals, which created cards you say then disappear after a dual if you don't use them (which is what has been happening).

I am so sorry, I am such an idiot, I wasn't aware the spells worked like this

*hangs head in shame*

I better go inform support I'm an idiot and its not a bug in your game :?

Regards

Suri IceHeart on Seraph

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
In the past, if you used one card to enchant another, the enchanted card would go back in your deck. That was removed at the same time they stopped allowing the trade of enchanted cards and started using cards in crafting.

So if you enchant your fire dragon with a treasure card, trained spell, or gear spell, and it fizzles or is unused, you will not get an enchanted fire dragon in your treasure cards after the battle. If your dragon started as a treasure card, it will still be a treasure card, minus enchants. If it started as a trained spell, it will not be a treasure card.

I have heard people say that when using a gargantuan treasure card to enchant a school spell, and the spell fizzles, that the gargantuan is not being returned to their deck, but is being considered as 'cast' when it is used as an enchant. From the reply from Professor Greyrose it is unclear if being used as an enchant is final whether the attack spell itself succeeds or not.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
natenkate wrote:
In the past, if you used one card to enchant another, the enchanted card would go back in your deck. That was removed at the same time they stopped allowing the trade of enchanted cards and started using cards in crafting.

So if you enchant your fire dragon with a treasure card, trained spell, or gear spell, and it fizzles or is unused, you will not get an enchanted fire dragon in your treasure cards after the battle. If your dragon started as a treasure card, it will still be a treasure card, minus enchants. If it started as a trained spell, it will not be a treasure card.

I have heard people say that when using a gargantuan treasure card to enchant a school spell, and the spell fizzles, that the gargantuan is not being returned to their deck, but is being considered as 'cast' when it is used as an enchant. From the reply from Professor Greyrose it is unclear if being used as an enchant is final whether the attack spell itself succeeds or not.

I'm sorry to disagree with you. I have never had an enchanted card just completely disappear if it fizzled until now.

And no, the ability to enchant cards was not removed. You just could not trade or sell them. I have purposely in the past enchanted cards for my own use in order to have some in Treasure selection for certain battles. I still have several that have been enchanted so why do these two suddenly disappear after fizzle?