Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nidavellir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
I thought that Nidavellir was full of optional dungeons. Nope :( . You have to defeat Jotun in the Hall of Valor to go to Ravenscar. What's the big deal with this quest on mandatory Nidavellir? I mean look, I heard that Nidavellir was fully optional. But, like I said, you have to defeat Jotun to enter Ravenscar. This is total bologna (boloni). What is the big deal with mandatory Nidavellir?!

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Storm Wizard

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingamebass wrote:
I thought that Nidavellir was full of optional dungeons. Nope :( . You have to defeat Jotun in the Hall of Valor to go to Ravenscar. What's the big deal with this quest on mandatory Nidavellir? I mean look, I heard that Nidavellir was fully optional. But, like I said, you have to defeat Jotun to enter Ravenscar. This is total bologna (boloni). What is the big deal with mandatory Nidavellir?!

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Storm Wizard

I am also sure you heard that all of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk are optional too, right? Because they are side worlds, not required to the advancement to the game, but required if you want pets and spells.

Jotun is a fun challenge. I know, with as many people that are now in Avalon, that Jotun can be beat and has been, many times in fact. So, what is total bologna? What is the big deal with you having to defeat Jotun? The only total bologna I can see, is that you are complaining about having to do what the majority of the spiral has already done.

I got cheese for your bologna!

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
When you are new to the game and don't have that many friends online when you are, Jotun can be a pain. Remember, he has 3 friends with hm and 2 of them have the same thousands of hit points he has. It can be real bologna. I know, I have tried it solo for like a week now. Trying to get friends to help really bites.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Donarian wrote:
When you are new to the game and don't have that many friends online when you are, Jotun can be a pain. Remember, he has 3 friends with hm and 2 of them have the same thousands of hit points he has. It can be real bologna. I know, I have tried it solo for like a week now. Trying to get friends to help really bites.

This was a reply I posted in this section under "Jotun Impossible":

Just one question here: are you trying to fight Jotun and his two brothers at the same time?

When I did Nidavellir, I did it in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, and then Hall of Valor. That way I eliminated his two brothers in the first two sections, so when I got to the Hall of Valor, I only had Jotun and one helper.

I used a few henchmen in each section, and I managed to finish it.

Here is a link that shows the three areas, and on the map enclosed for Winterdeep Warren, it shows a path that helps too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Maybe this will help a little. ?