Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
hrk33 on Aug 10, 2008 wrote:
jumbo bubble-this would be a balance spell a bubble appears and then it pops and little bubbles appear and it explodes on all the targets.

voodoo doll- a death spell of course a little wooden doll appears floating in the air and then its eyes appear as black little flames and shoots shadow balls at you.

fire spire- fire spell, a little girl appears crying then she says don't leave me here. then she melts and fire comes up and burns you every turn and every time you get burnt you here you should'nt of left me.

icy kiss- a freezing eye appears and it glares at you and then you freeze for 2 turns and then when your unmelted you take damage for the rest of the the battle in frost damage.

tornado-the storm professer comes out and spins around turning into a tornado hurting all enimies

ying of yang-a life spell, a green spirit appears and breathes green smog over all enimies and then a shadow spirit appears behind the life spirit using the health zap to heal everybody else.

mount olympus- a cloud floats down over the field with a mountain on it and it attacks every enemy with every type of magic!!!!
The fire spire one seems a bit extreme and to dark for a kids game. If a 6 year old was in a firewall and someone used that spell they would be scared.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Charles Firehorn on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 44 . The Scald spell (495 DOT 3 rounds to all enemies) should have a better animation. Wait, strike that. It should just have an animation period. All it does is put a DOT thing around the target. Maybe it should make like a giant fireball that blasts the target.
I agree! Scald is a great spell with absolutely no animation. I always thought a good animation could be to have a Fire Witch stirring a boiling cauldron, then pick up the cauldron and drench her enemies with the scalding contents.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
These are some new spells i made up. didn't put much time and effort in them so... they are probably terrible!

It is a death spell and it's the normal ghoul that comes from the rank 2 death teacher but it costs five pips to do.
So, it emerges from the ground with a spin. (the ground is a grave yard w gravestones btw.) he will take one hand and face it to the enemy and the other hand facing the person/creature that casted the spell. the hand facing the enemy shoots out a black light that hits the enemy and does 580 damage. at the same time, the other hand will shoot out a green (life) light healing the caster by half of the damage. so that would be 290 health. (apoligies if i did the math wrong i was doing it in my head.)

This is a life spell. so, a gigantic imp and a gigantic leprachaun comes out of a grassy field. They give each other a high five and the leprachaun and imp get a pot with gold and a rainbow emerges from the pot and hits the enemy. (don't ask me where the pot came from because i have no idea...) This will do 365 damage and will cost 3 pips. Sorry this is probably the worst spell ever! :)

This is a balance spell. so a mander comes out of a pyramid holding a balance scale with two rocks on each side. he picks one rock up and throws it at the enemy making a light that is dark red. (representing balance.)
then, he takes the other rock, throws it at the enemy and it will make a random color light. (say green for a life light.) I thought this one was really cool. if it is a life light it will be a low amount of damage and for storm it would be really high. so it depeands on the school for how much damage it does. the balance light would be 400. the life one would be 315. the ice one would be 475. the myth one would do 475 too. the death one would be 300 but it would give 50 health back to caster. the fire one would be 550 damage. the storm would be 650 damage.

hope you guys liked these! more on next page! (ran out of characters.)

Sabrina Winterblade

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
Hey! back w more ideas!!

This one is a fire spell.
This one will take up 8 pips. a huge fire elf is roaming on the street, crushing buildings and cars. many little fire elves come and join him. he picks up a few little fire elves and throws them at opponent doing 150 damage each fire elf he picks up. low damage he only pick up 3 fire elves. (600 damage) medium damage he picks up four fire elves. (750 damage) high damage he picks up four fire elves but, breathes fire on opponent which does an extra 70 damage on top of the 750 he did for throwing the fire elves. (820 damage.) This one would be called "elves incoming"

This one is a storm spell.
A big cloud comes from the sky making lightning, rain and thunder. Soon, out of no where a thunder snake pops out of the dark clouds and strikes at opponent doing 300 damage. it also adds a -80 percent storm shield on caster. This will take up 3 pips. It would be called "thunder- boom snake"

this is a myth spell (and a silly one.)
So there are three cyclops playing soccer and one cyclops hits the other two with the soccer ball and then, hits all enemies with the soccer ball. This will take up 8 pips and it will do 590-620 damage to each enemy. this would be called "soccer cyclops"

This is another storm spell.
A big storm cyclops comes and points his hammer at the enemy blasting lightning out to the enemy doing 400 damage. This spell will take up 3 pips. it would be called "rain cyclops" I thought this would be a good idea for other schools too not just storm.

This is a star spell.
So, all the blades and traps and enemy puts on you only does half of the percentage for 4 rounds. This will take 1 pip and will be called "blade take" or "blade awake" i havn't chosen which one i liked better. ;)

SABRINA WINTERBLADE level 32

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
i would change the spell animations for the... well almost all the life spell's school animations.

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 26

Survivor
May 25, 2009
jennaw1123 on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
Hey! back w more ideas!!

This one is a fire spell.
This one will take up 8 pips. a huge fire elf is roaming on the street, crushing buildings and cars. many little fire elves come and join him. he picks up a few little fire elves and throws them at opponent doing 150 damage each fire elf he picks up. low damage he only pick up 3 fire elves. (600 damage) medium damage he picks up four fire elves. (750 damage) high damage he picks up four fire elves but, breathes fire on opponent which does an extra 70 damage on top of the 750 he did for throwing the fire elves. (820 damage.) This one would be called "elves incoming"

This one is a storm spell.
A big cloud comes from the sky making lightning, rain and thunder. Soon, out of no where a thunder snake pops out of the dark clouds and strikes at opponent doing 300 damage. it also adds a -80 percent storm shield on caster. This will take up 3 pips. It would be called "thunder- boom snake"

this is a myth spell (and a silly one.)
So there are three cyclops playing soccer and one cyclops hits the other two with the soccer ball and then, hits all enemies with the soccer ball. This will take up 8 pips and it will do 590-620 damage to each enemy. this would be called "soccer cyclops"

This is another storm spell.
A big storm cyclops comes and points his hammer at the enemy blasting lightning out to the enemy doing 400 damage. This spell will take up 3 pips. it would be called "rain cyclops" I thought this would be a good idea for other schools too not just storm.

This is a star spell.
So, all the blades and traps and enemy puts on you only does half of the percentage for 4 rounds. This will take 1 pip and will be called "blade take" or "blade awake" i havn't chosen which one i liked better. ;)

SABRINA WINTERBLADE level 32
For the Star spell, it should be called "Dull" like it's dulling the weakness blade or whatever negative blade or trap you have Just a thought.

--Jesse LifeDreamer
Level 55 Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
May 25, 2009
In the Life spell Rebirth, it's really annoying when there are four people that are being healed because when Bartelby puts the Absorb Shields on, the camera stays on the last player. I thought it would be better if it just zoomed out and showed everyone or something. Also, it would be cool if there were some animation for Bartelby putting the shields on the players instead of him just staring awkwardly at the last player. LoL
--
P.S. If Bartelby responded to this post then that would be so awesome

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I want that life Levi that the Spirit of Darkmoor is tossing at us that does 777 damage, and 777 heal to all team members. WHERE IS MY LIFE LEVIATHAN!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2013
The imp spells
Fire- I think the tree should be a flame which the fire imp can jump out of and shoot the victim with an arrow then fizzles up along with the flame.

Ice- The ice imp is stuck in a large chunk of ice which breaks when a blizzard comes around, the imp jumps up and shoots the victim with an arrow.

Storm- A storm cloud comes along and the storm imp comes down from the lightning, the imp then shoots an arrow.

Shields
There can be: ,,,,, and shields which will take off 50% of the attack whichever school the spell is.
You have to be level 30 for the spell and only can cast the spell from your school unless you are level 40 or using treasure cards.

You can get the treasure cards from any enemy (but only rarely).
Bought from Bazaar for 800 gold.

Myrna DeathHunter
Death School

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
i'm gonna post a link to a thread i made related to this. It's about a new high level life AoE.

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/new-life-aoe-ideas-for-the-rest-of-the-schools-8ad6a4164d56ed7e014d6f47877a1200?reset=1

Also i would like to ask if the seraph spell can have more backround. it's a bit dull for her to just pop up there, maybe let her come down from the clouds? decending on a river that comes from a little bunch of rocks in the back? how come all the other schools have attacks with great backrounds .

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 38

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Tempest: it looks okay, but it doesn't look NEARLY as powerful as it should for what the spell is. I think instead it should have like storm horses running at the enemies.
Sandstorm: I like the whole idea so far, but maybe instead it should have people running around screaming? Adds a flare of dramatic to it?

Hope it helped,
Cheyenne StormHunter
Transcendent Diviner
Level 77

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
For the Ra's highest possible damage, he should make a bird-sounding battle cry as he deals damage. That would be pretty epic.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
TheBigBadWolf on Jun 19, 2008 wrote:
Ghoul Spell

I've got another minor issue for you guys on a pair of great cards. The Ghoul spell (the one with the undead in the cemetery with the shovel) has the sound effect of a crow cawing during the animation, yet there's no crow in the visual. Please add a crow sitting on a gravestone just to match the awesome sound file. :)

Banshee
Similarly, the Banshee spell involves her clearing her throat and turning her head to the side, but it's unclear that that's what she's doing because it sounds like she's quacking like a duck. :P Perhaps making her intro a little longer and/or adding a throat spray bottle to loosen her vocal chords would make it clearer that the duck noises at the beginning are her clearing her throat.
I like ghoul but I think his attack may need an upgrade to the animation, like after he steals the enemy's health he breaks his shovel in half and the soul effect come out of the broken part and he pushes it to you.

also since I'm at it dark fairy also needs an upgrade, what if after it is cast at first it looks like an normal fairy then it changes in to a dark one then attacks.

I just think most of the starter spells need better animations to keep up with the new spells

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Make Lulu and fire storm shorter. Less time consuming

Survivor
Dec 01, 2014
I have always thought that the Humongofrog landing on the world then jumping and squashing all enemies one at a time so the humongofrog hops on a player hops back and does it again to all enemies. Tyler Mist level 19

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
The teleport animations could do with an update.

Teleport: Creates a freezing wind around the wizard encasing them in a block of ice (similar to the gardening "Deep Freeze" spell).
Teleport: Creates a large flame which rapidly grows around the wizard leaving black dust ashes where the wizard was standing.
Teleport: Creates a giant lighting bolt and zaps the wizard, sparks flying, disappearing in a large and brilliant flash.
Teleport: A sand tornado forms around the wizard spinning faster and faster then abruptly stopping causing the sand to fall to the ground.
Teleport: Two yellow intertwined serpents swirl around the wizard with dust flying everywhere.
Teleport: A rainbow spins around the wizard with red sparks flying out and green lightning bolts spinning around.
Teleport: Bats fly out of the ground all around the wizard while fog floats around the bottom and top of the wizard.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for giving us an opportunity!

Balance

Power Nova - I enjoy the smack it gives to every enemy and the -25% damage to all, but I wish it had alanotjer attack gorm. And I was thinking, instead of always watching attack all enemies one at a time, there could be one where the fireball slips into pieces(how many enemies standing) and hit them all at once! But keep the -25% damage the same. LOL it pleases me to wa5xg each one of them get it. LOL!

Ice

I am very intrigued by the Evil Snowman, but I think it would be way cooler if the Snowman uses his knife and sprays ice magic (shaped like snowflakes) out of it like a wand.

Myth

I find the Gobbler spell hilarious when he farys out his attack. Got me thinking that one of the Myth gobbler spells should have an attack spells with the gobbler making an arm pit fart. LOL! That would surely make the spells more fun!

Life

With the Natures Wraith, I think his sleeves should swirl off and spin around the opponent as an attack form.

Death

The vampire spell should show the vampire walking out from the coffin on foot and waving his cape behind him and that should absorb the life from opponent and give half with him blowing the life back with the wave of his cape.

Fire

They need a blow up spell. I nean, come on. Its fire. LOL!

Storm

Stormzilla should be shown scratching the opponent and/or Throwing a lighting ball at them.

Thanks for giving us a chance to speak on this!

(I Love Balance Myth Ice)

~Kayla Griffin, Isabella FairyTail, Emma MoonGem

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Before I get into my post, I just wanted to say that I LOVED the new Meteor Strike animation. It needed upgrading and you guys did a wonderful job with it.

Now, the spells I'd like to see changed are:
  • Sandstorm

I think that the angle of the spell on the battlefield doesn't show enough of what's happening. And the tornado should be less transparent with more sand gathering in it.

• Tempest

I know you guys just updated this spell in the July 2015 update but there are more things that this spell needs. The rain that it used to have was a great feature and I think that it should be put into it again, along with more lightning strikes and more (stronger) waves crashing into each other.

Along with these spell changes, I'd also like to see a new minion summoning animation.

When minions are summoned, they should have magical particles relating to their class. Here are a few ideas:
  • Life

Leaves swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Myth

Yellow sparkles and triangle-eye-thingies swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Death

Bats and black vines (like the ones in the Haunted Cave) swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Balance

A tornado with sand swirls in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Fire

Flames swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Ice

Snowflakes and icy winds swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Storm

Water swirls in the center of the battlefield, with lightning strikes here and there that form the minion.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
MarissatheFT on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Before I get into my post, I just wanted to say that I LOVED the new Meteor Strike animation. It needed upgrading and you guys did a wonderful job with it.

Now, the spells I'd like to see changed are:
  • Sandstorm

I think that the angle of the spell on the battlefield doesn't show enough of what's happening. And the tornado should be less transparent with more sand gathering in it.

• Tempest

I know you guys just updated this spell in the July 2015 update but there are more things that this spell needs. The rain that it used to have was a great feature and I think that it should be put into it again, along with more lightning strikes and more (stronger) waves crashing into each other.

Along with these spell changes, I'd also like to see a new minion summoning animation.

When minions are summoned, they should have magical particles relating to their class. Here are a few ideas:
  • Life

Leaves swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Myth

Yellow sparkles and triangle-eye-thingies swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Death

Bats and black vines (like the ones in the Haunted Cave) swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Balance

A tornado with sand swirls in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Fire

Flames swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Ice

Snowflakes and icy winds swirl in the center of the battlefield, forming the minion.
  • Storm

Water swirls in the center of the battlefield, with lightning strikes here and there that form the minion.
Love the minion ideas! The minion summoning process should be unique for each school, not just a black swirl. And tempest and sandstorm animations can look a little bit more fierce. But I also think that there is a problem with the Death school spells. The health draining spells just look wrong.
In spell where a ghoul is on the graveyard draining health with his shovel and giving half to the caster, the graveyard shouldn't turn when the ghoul is giving health back but instead tge ghoul himself turns (the graveyard doesn't turn around with the ghoul). Same thing goes for some other death spells.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2014
Just a suggestion: When a spell that affects all enemies is cast, instead of replaying the sequence over and over again, which gets annoying, the spell could affect all players at once.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've said it before but I'll say it again...
Scald is the most unspectacular animation in the game... because there is NO animation! And I think it definitely deserves one. My idea was a Fire Witch, stirring a cauldron of boiling liquid, and then picking up the cauldron and spewing the contents on the targets.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Death Wizard5647 on May 16, 2015 wrote:
The imp spells
Fire- I think the tree should be a flame which the fire imp can jump out of and shoot the victim with an arrow then fizzles up along with the flame.

Ice- The ice imp is stuck in a large chunk of ice which breaks when a blizzard comes around, the imp jumps up and shoots the victim with an arrow.

Storm- A storm cloud comes along and the storm imp comes down from the lightning, the imp then shoots an arrow.

Shields
There can be: ,,,,, and shields which will take off 50% of the attack whichever school the spell is.
You have to be level 30 for the spell and only can cast the spell from your school unless you are level 40 or using treasure cards.

You can get the treasure cards from any enemy (but only rarely).
Bought from Bazaar for 800 gold.

Myrna DeathHunter
Death School
why an arrow

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I hate fire dragon, it's fantastic spell but the camera/screen shakes too much, even meteor is great of course but I don't like camera shaking most of the time I have to look away from screen, shaking screen kind of bothers me.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
Please make the Monster Mash spell available for Wizards to use. I would even craft it!

I would love to see a Death spell that looks just like the Snow Angel spell only looks more like the headless horseman or a least a TC that can convert the Snow Angel to a Death Angel.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
Change humungofrog!! I never used it because I hated the animation so much!! I think the frog should just jump on you or bellyflop on you or anything different!!

-Sierra Pearl
(I had a myth but I deleted it)