Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
sword5963 wrote:
I would think the shields could use better animation.

For fire shield, how about a fireball appears over the opponent, then dissolves into a barrier which surrounds the person, thus giving him/her the shield.

How's that animation

Having a different animation for the different shields and for all the different "Blades" as well would be neat to see. For the blades I was imagining a blade with a colored aura descending to the front of the character then flashing something representing its type (flames for Fire, electricity for Thunder, etc.) then shrinking into the floating icon that stays spinning above the head of the character.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I would like to see the closing animation for spells be more spectacular than it is in general now. In most cases the summoned effect just looks like it winks out. It would be nice if there was a closing animation with more impact, like an exploding/imploding/or flowing particle disintegration with the color matching the school.

I would also like to see something to distinguish the appearance of various traps like feint and curse. It would also be nice if identical charms/wards stacked under a single representative shield with something to indicate the number in the stack like dots over the shields etc…

For melee attacks, it would be nice if we could have some that matched where the weapons were obtained. For example, the blades from Dragonspyre could use the animations that the NPC’s currently use for their melee attacks.

For charms, at the start of the casting animation have a mote of power gather in front of the character and power up the initial school glyph during the casting animation. So the initial casting glyph would be more brilliant, larger, and generate more particles. For each ward, have a school specific front facing hemisphere appear power up if front of the character, more shields or stronger shield gives a more brilliant effect.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Deathstorm5 wrote:
CuteMiniWind wrote:
You know out of all the spells for the schools like we have life spells that heal other people, so i want a Mana spell too, because what if we have like Zero Mana and we really want to cast a spell? I think this mana spell should be on every school.
Yes. Yes. Please. We need this. Make it a Death spell. Make it a strange, 8th dimension version of Ghoul that sucks mana and gives you half. I don't care. JUST DO IT! lol. :D . no, but seriously, do it. :-o

Having a mana absorbing attack would ruin this aspect of the game. That's what potions are for! Having a card that costs mana to gain mana is kinda... cheap. Also, by Krokotopia/Marleybone, you should have enough mana (150 to 250 or so) to survive for long periods of time without having to use a potion, and health can be found by using heal spells and finding health wisps on the street. Although I do have to say that they should put mana wisps in the mob-areas (Unicorn Way has them, but, as far as I know, no where else does). It's not fun to have to port to the commons to play a game to get mana, and then go ALL the way back to where you were. :x

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
I'm not sure this is the right place to put this, but here it goes.

I'm Level 36 death and storm, and was wondering if a mass attack card would be good for death. Something like a "grave mist" card with similar damage to a blizzard.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I have stickied this post as it is a very good question.

Let's hear your ideas, no matter how wild you think they may be!

i think they should let you make your own clothes for an ammount of money also i think they should let you trade coins for crowns (of course the ammount of gold for crowns would be a huge number of gold)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I have stickied this post as it is a very good question.

Let's hear your ideas, no matter how wild you think they may be!

i think the more worlds you add the more spell you should add

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

there should be a dragon for the school of fire. i think it should fly up high and swoop down and at the last second it stops and breaths fire

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I had a thought on 2 different ways of using the same new idea. The idea is to have a single spell (or series of spells for all schools) that does both damage and healing on the same target. (stay with me here)

The idea here is to have another possible level of variation and strategy where both positive and negative things happen but the effect changes over time. The following two examples should help clarify:

Spell name: Tainted Medicine
Cost: X
Effect: Target gains 250 Health per pip (all at once) and takes damage over time of 385 damage per pip over 3 rounds.

The effect here is that the target (may need to restrict this to enemy targets only) will get a large amount of life but then will suffer a cumulative total of 135 damage per pip spent over 3 rounds. If you compare this to a similar effect like the Heckhound (125 damage per pip over 3 rounds) it is more effective but the total gain is not seen until the end of 3 rounds.

Second example:
Spell name: Tough Love
Cost: 4
Effect: Target takes 400 damage (all at once) and also gets a heal over time of 1500 (or more) health over 3 rounds.

The effect here (which may also need to be restricted to self only so it cannot be used to kill players) when compared to a similar Life School spell for the same cost gives a higher net gain of life but with added risk to use it in some cases.

Other examples I can think of would including mixing other existing effects like a stun plus healing a larger amount, granting a buff for +damage to the next spell in exchange for doing more damage then a similar card of the same school, or even 50% failure rate on your next spell in exchange for some enhanced damage change. The possibilities here are endless and easy to balance against existing cards.

Please feel free to expand on this general idea. :)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i think the minotaur needs to be changed just a little. instead of it coming out of no where there should be a busted up stone wall with wholes in it. And it looks like it will co laps soon. then you hear loud steps then they get louder and louder then until it fells like some thing big is running. then the minotaur rams through the wall and the wall just explodes to pieces. then the current animation after all of that i said should be kept.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I like the idea of keeping animations shorter in general. However, if something like critical-hits were added to the game then I could see having a special longer animation be done for the spell in question to show that something bigger is happening.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
For the minion spells i would have them summoned by what class you are in for an example

Storm minion- have bolts of lightning come out of ther ground and there is water elemental

Fire minion- flames come from the ground and fire elemental comes

Life Minion- A mushroom appears and a fairy comes from under it

Ice minion - A blizzard stirs up and ice giant appears

Balance minion- A SandAStorm appears then minion appears

Death minion- A graveyard appears and minion appears it varies depending on pips

Myth minion- Not sure what could be myth

I would like these animations happen

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Here are my thoughts...

Imp: play song then smash guitar into the enemy.

Bloodbat: It looks very odd, and i would first change it to look better, then i would make it barf ( like it already does ) all over the enemy.

Dark fairy: swirl around the enemy very fast and then disappearinto darkness, then the darkness slams into the enemy.

Fire cat: good as it is.

Ice beetle: glide on ice then hit enemy.

Storm snake: Shoot a lightning bolt from it's mouth at the enemy

Scarab: comes out of tomb, then does other stuff it already does.

Leprechaun: good as it is.

Troll: takes it's stick out of a tree ( showing his anger ) then throws it at enemy.

Ghoul: Rips out of grave like a regular zombie guy would, then do the stuff he already does.

Fire elf: comes out of tree and lands in leaves, then sprouts up from ground ( 1st attack, which does damage) then shoots arrow at enemy ( 2nd attack, making the 3 turn attack signal on ground).

Ice snake: good as it is.

Storm bat: good as it is.

I am getting bored and you are too probably so i will end it here.

Michael Lotusblade, savior of the spiral

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
keybladeweilder wrote:
For the minion spells i would have them summoned by what class you are in for an example

Storm minion- have bolts of lightning come out of ther ground and there is water elemental

Fire minion- flames come from the ground and fire elemental comes

Life Minion- A mushroom appears and a fairy comes from under it

Ice minion - A blizzard stirs up and ice giant appears

Balance minion- A SandAStorm appears then minion appears

Death minion- A graveyard appears and minion appears it varies depending on pips

Myth minion- Not sure what could be myth

Good ideas. Maybe the Myth minion could step through an ancient looking portal.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2009
my spell is called "snowed in" animation: a house pops up and engulfs the enemies then they come out with frostbite (the frostbite spell already exists) and the house itself is 500 to all enemies and frostbite alone does 540+60 over three rounds.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Centaur
Instead of coming out by himself it would be nice if it was pacing by with an entire group noticing the target then would stop come out of the group do what it normally does with the slow motion thing

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
bunnyboi7 wrote:
eakilian wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!

there should be a dragon for the school of fire. i think it should fly up high and swoop down and at the last second it stops and breaths fire

Instead of it flying down, it would be nice for it to start like this.
The floor starts shaking, then a volcanoe comes out, then out of the volcanoe the dragon comes out like if it barely woke up, while first putting up its right claw, then the left claw, jumping out then stands on top of the hole and shoots fire

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I think the sun bird should be different. I would make a birdcage with the bird in it. Then the sun bird burns the cage and attacks.

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
I would add this spells

Fire
FIREFLY

a butterfly is on a flower in a meadow. The butterfly sees target and flies up, and bursts into flames

Death
DEMON
a hole grows in the ground. a black demon crawls out, claws target, then climbs back down hole

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
For spell animations, something like the root spell I've seen in another MMORPG, where a set of chains comes up out of the ground and wraps around the target. This could be a version of the "stun" line.

Another useful spell would be one that removes a pip from an opponent.

Not exactly a spell animation, but I'd like to see a female version of the crypt scavenger (the grim-reaper-like monster).

There should also be a female version of the cyclops, especially the pet since mine is named Lady Maggie but it is definitely NOT a lady.

Also, hopefully the next world after Dragonspyre will be an enchanted forest type of land, with talking unicorns (like Diego) and a frog prince (like the Storm teacher).

I also would like the world where the gobblers came from, the one they got kicked out of by the witches.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Basics
For moves like Thunder Snake, Fire Elf, Imp, etc.
If you have 1 pip and you cast it it'll hit the lowest amount of damage,
if you have 3 pips it'll hit 35 more damage then the lowest amount of damage.

Hope that help with the basics.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
My name is Jesse Storm, I am a storm student, Upon my travels I have found that most spells are good at what they are, however, I must tell you of this creature I have found while fighting the great Posiedon, god of the oceans. And he had summoned a great creature that stuned me where I stood. Eight Pips into the battle, the god summoned a Purple and gold Levaiathan. The creature rose from the depts od the ocean, lingered and leered at me with his golden eyes for a second. He continued to back flip and charge up into the sky with a TEMPEST blast following him as he rose dealing one thousand (exactly) damage to me and my comrads ending the fight imediately. We have not seen it since. I say we should attempt to capture this creature for it is way to dangerous to let roam around free.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
eakilian wrote:
so far i am a level 40 fire wizard and all my fire minion has to attack with is fire elves and fire cats. i think he should be able to use higher level attack spells

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
eakilian wrote:

I would make either the animations shorter or faster. Alternatively, you could make a "short animations" option in one of the options menu but due to people choosing that option getting into duels with people not choosing that option, it may be problematic. So, what about an option during fighting to shorten animations considerably but everyone has to agree for it to take place and/or the option to have shorter animations as an option in the options menu would be if you fight alone or with friends with similar preferences. So many possibilities here! However I do like the animations very much!! Although they do tend to get repetitive and make the duels drawn out.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
nuthouse wrote:
I would make either the animations shorter or faster. Alternatively, you could make a "short animations" option in one of the options menu but due to people choosing that option getting into duels with people not choosing that option, it may be problematic. So, what about an option during fighting to shorten animations considerably but everyone has to agree for it to take place and/or the option to have shorter animations as an option in the options menu would be if you fight alone or with friends with similar preferences. So many possibilities here! However I do like the animations very much!! Although they do tend to get repetitive and make the duels drawn out.

I could not agree more. The feeling that the animations is repetitive is beginning to make it feel old and stale. If there was a way to quicken the animations or have an option to select for alternative short animations like the card just appears and the final damage/healing/buff effect is shown appearing that would be a really nice option to allow to be turned on.

Maybe have it available only to paid subscribers and/or higher level characters?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Here's an idea I had for an animation. Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I haven't read the whole thread yet.

When we cast a spell, we draw a letter or symbol in the air in front of us with our wand. How about when the spell is going to fizzle we draw the letter a little bit "off" from what it normally looks like? Maybe missing a line in the storm lightning bolt, etc.

On another note, if there is only one empty circle left in my team, and I summon a myth minion into that spot, sometimes another player will come up and join in the battle when it is too late for me to change my cast. A minion cannot appear if there is no empty spot, and I lose all four pips, because a stranger joined in. Can we at least keep our pips in this circumstance?