Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buggy sound

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I did not report this as a bug since I suspect the test realm has too many people or not enough resources.

The sound was constantly cutting off and back on. It wasn't so much of a fade in and out as a full cut in and out: all sound or none. Also, it affected the music, sound effects, and dialogue volume.

I asked some wizard in a battle there with me if they had the same experience. One said yes; the other no.

It's something you could not have missed yourselves.

Comments?

Administrator
Sounds like a few players are encountering this issue, and you can help us solve it for everyone.

If you encounter your sound cutting out, or not playing properly, please send an email with the following information:

->the account name
->the character name
->the area you were in when your sound cut out (ie Krokosphinx, High Road etc)
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Grimely wrote:
The sound was constantly cutting off and back on. It wasn't so much of a fade in and out as a full cut in and out: all sound or none. Also, it affected the music, sound effects, and dialogue volume.

I noticed this last night while questing in Avalon. It does not seem to be related to population in realms, IE-I was traveling a perfect realm and Avalon was not overly crowded.

Professor Greyrose,

This was not a sound card issue, it happened only when I was in Avalon. I also played in WC, Krok, and DS with various characters, and had no audio issues at all.

Qbb