Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two worlds Mentioned: Your ideas?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
(I'm not certain that I am supposed to be mentioning this)

I watched a video on youtube about the new world known as Avalon and as Emperor Yoshihito was discussing the "Council of Light," he mentioned two worlds that may, in fact, succeed Avalon; Mirage and Polaris.

The worlds have been mentioned in various instances other than this (although I've only heard about Polaris that one time.) I am quiet convinced that those are the names of the two worlds that will fill those empty spots on the spiral door. That being, what are your ideas for the storylines, gear, characters, etc. for these 'undiscovered' worlds? What kind of twists would you like to see? I think a twist in the backstories of the characters (especially Malistaire...he was interesting) would be a welcome thrill.

I really would, for a change, like to see a world that is predominately HUMAN for once in a blue moon. Polaris is full of Penguins. We already know that Mirage is full of anthropomorphic animals (since their champion for the Spiral Cup tournament was a cat.) )

I think that both storylines should go like this:

Mirage Starts off with Ambrose telling you that he received a distress call from a distant world. He states that he located them in Mirage and that they are from (Insert masculine Middle-Eastern name here), the professor of fire magic at their school. The professor tells of a illness that spreading but is not contagious. The disease told to be mistaken the influenza but is untreatable. Ambrose considers that this is the work of Morganthe and suggests that you investigate. He reveals that the case is personal to (Middle-Eastern masculine name), as his wife is dying from the illness. He sends you to speak to Diego Ramirez, who knows (name) and his wife (name) personally. When you tell him about the situation, he is saddened. He gives you the spiral key and tells you to speak to a gate guard inside the spiral chamber for more information.

Upon entering mirage, you see the guard, a large tiger. He tells you that while very few people have caught the disease, most of them have succumbed to it. He fears that if they are unable to find what spreads it and contain it, that countless more will lose their lives. When he learns that you are here to investigate, he is elated. He knows of your heroism and believes that you will be able to end this tribulation. he sends you to a place called (place) speak with (name), the head physician. The physician tells you of the helplessness he feels and is thankful for your arrival. He says that he will be able to learn more if he had his books, but he cannot access his tower since the Sharpclaw Bandits stole his key. He tells you to defeat a few and get the key from them. Upon finishing, you hand him the key and he tells you to use it and get his pathology book. The tower, unfortunately has a boss in it (you can give me the name and stats of the boss later.) When you defeat the boss, you get the book and bring it to the doctor and he reads through it. He tells you to visit the home of the fire professor and check if his wife has any spider bites on her paws.

You meet the professor and he is visibly insecure. At first, he sees you as unwelcome until he learns that the doctor sent you. You learn from him that she teaches Necromancy there. He allows you to enter and you see her asleep. Trying not to wake her, you check her paws and find a festering spider bite. When you report this to the doctor, he is terrified to learn that bites are from Morgantine Jumping Spiders; a genus with venom that "Attacks the respiratory systems until breathing is utterly impossible." He is, at the same time, elated that he knows what it is and also knows how to cure it. He tells you of five ingredients that are found in various locations throughout Mirage. You will have to do various things and quests to get all of these ingredients and it will span a large part of the Mirage storyline. Once you get the ingredients, you make the medicine and administer it to some sick people; then finally the death professor.

She exclaims of being finally able to breathe after a month of illness. She tells you that there is one more sick person. a "vagabond; a necromancer like myself." She tells you that he told her that he faced death once before and through luck and cunning, he was able to make a narrow escape. You walk into the back room to see a man with an obscured face. Not knowing for certain who he is, you give him a dose of the medicine and he speaks to you. He compares his illness to "Something I'd seen before..." and wonders what the cause was. You tell the man that it was caused by small spiders; Morgantine Jumping Spiders that are sent by Morganthe herself as personal minions. He exclaims in horror and reveals to you that he is, indeed, Malistaire Drake. Malistaire Drake was supposed to have fallen to his death (says the narrator.) He was also seen with Sylvia. He denies that; calling both of them illusions. He states that Sylvia still "Remains in our dimension."

I'm not sure how to conclude this story so I'd like someone else to. I have no idea what to do with Polaris. If any of this sounds silly or is incomplete, it's because I wrote it after staying awake all night... So if you have any better ideas, go ahead.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Anyone think that it isn't that good of an idea? I'm not certain why I thought of that idea...guess I was sleepy. If so, what should I change?