Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

discarding feature is terrible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i can not count how many times i have died in bosses because i could not use the card i needed to....the reason for this? the terrible feature of discarding.almost every battle when i right click to discard the cards that are useless to draw more....it gets rid of the ones i need and keeps the useless ones....how am i supposed to win a battle when all i have left in my deck are buffs and shields because it gets rid of my good combat cards like meteor strike and skelatol pirate.(good for me). so im just letting you know that your really have to work on a way to avoid this happening as often as it does.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
It discards the card you right click on. Did you think it was choosing the card to discard at random without regard to where you click?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i am aware it discards what i click on. but sometimes i will click to discard say... a fire buff. and my fairy which i need will get discarded instead.there needs to be a way to undo cards that have been discarded in that round.i am aware of reshuffle, but thats a pain to use due to pips cost.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I've had cards drop that I didn't want dropped, too. I right click on a card, or think I do, but because there is now a lag, the card that I actually end up highlighting will be the one next to the one I really want to drop. My wand goes farther than I want it to, and I don't realize it because of an infintesimal lag. Then I loose a perfectly good hit card. I didn't used to have this lag in my net connection, but since we've gotten tons of rain, our connection has slowed down. The switching station for our phone service is on the other side of a currently flooded river, and the phone lines go right through it. So, we've got lag till it dries up again. I try to be extra careful now when discarding.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
If you indeed thought you were right-clicking on the card you wanted to discard, and instead a different card is discarded, perhaps lag is involved. Pause a moment over the card you want to discard before right clicking, if you think lag might be to blame.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
You know that there's an even simpler solution available, right? Take those "useless" cards out of your deck! I currently use two decks, one for my regular street battles and one for boss fights. Neither one has an excessive amount of cards and in case I accidentally discard one I need or I run out of cards, I stock my sideboards with reshuffle treasure cards. If you still have problems, I recommend taking a look at my thread about an undo discard option and see if the staff would be willing to do something to fix it.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Some days the cards appear to JUMP...when you click on them...and some days they actually come back and when you try to click it it jumps...

I know exactly what you are saying.

It was one such day that I made a new deck with only essencial spells because I was afraid to discard any.

The same with my mom when she plays....she is always healing everyone (yea mom) but since her smaller wizards are not healers...she keeps the heal cards in her treasure card spot. Some days it takes so long for the treasure card to come up that she has to wait until the next turn to heal (often it is too late).

Have you completed a bug report? I say bug because it isn't always like that.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
It's all about your selection for what's in your deck too. You don't want all those shields and such, don't put so many in there. Take my fire/storm deck for example: I have only one of each of the smaller cards I want such as shields and my wildfire but have 3 to 5 of my other powerful cards such as Phoenix, Kraken, Storm Shark, and Sunbird. Granite, I do have a deck that allows me to have 5 of the same cards in it but even when I could only have three of the same cards, I would only choose one each of the shields and all three of the Phoenix's. It helps with the random choosing if you have the more powerful cards to be more than your shields.

I hope all of this makes sense because I am not trying to confuse you more....

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
You right click on the cards you want to discard. Much like you left click on the cards you want to use.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
the reason i dont take these "useless" cards out is because they are not always useless. but in some situations when i really need a certain card i will discard shields and buffs as they are not top priority.so i cant take them out or else i would not be able to make spells stronger or weaker and battles would take longer if i was to even win them

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I rather have a system where they add the treasure card to the main deck. So you dont have to diecard to get your treasure card it all ready mixed in. When you use the card then you have to replace it.