Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-20-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week down, and another week closer to Avalon being live! Also, it's now that awesome time of the week, Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's talk about those trained spells from the Ninja's Lore Pack. Pretty cool, huh? If you could have tame any creature in the game to do your bidding in the duel circle, what would you pick?

Have a fantastic weekend all! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Another week down, and another week closer to Avalon being live! Also, it's now that awesome time of the week, Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's talk about those trained spells from the Ninja's Lore Pack. Pretty cool, huh? If you could have tame any creature in the game to do your bidding in the duel circle, what would you pick?

that one ice dragon in wt
he is just so cute i sooo want to tame him and have him freeze my enemies or bite them with his icy fang to bad he is having a bad tooth ache i gotta get a dragon doctor to wt hmmm
also its funny you mentioned creatures we want to tame yet i didnt see any attack spells for lvl 78
hint hint i can see your hinting mrs falmea

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
if i could tame any creature to do my bidding in the duel circle it would be ....
ok i need to think about this some more.... uh.... hmm... :? uh...... oh! i know i would definitely pick an ice fairy of some sort, i know it kinda may seem boring but, i love snow and blue and fairies and magic and stuff! lol

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
I'm glad you asked falmea, I would definetly have wanted one of those fire dragons from Avalon :D They are awesome, and I would also like to see one of those storm phanters (also from Avalon)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am sure that goes without saying that you could easily look at all the discussions about Ninja Lore packs and find out exactly what we, as the community, think about them Ninja Lore pack spells. Or ANY spell from ANY pack.

KI making them spells drops fixed the solution, however, so, make sure you guys apply the same to any future and upcoming pack spells.

I'd love the idea of "Tame creature." However, it would have to be something way more powerful than Beguile, lets say, for at least 4+ turns. The creature you would tame is more powerful than any minion, including Talos, which, other than PvP, I bet no one ever uses Celestia+.

Since Myth is a 'minion' school, I'd say that "Tame creature" (or spells similiar of that nature) should go to Myth, and be Myth exclusive. That would FINALLY give Myth a minion, even if only temporary, that would be able to hold it's own in battles.

And there would be no issue in PvP, since "Tame creature" could not be used in it.

I been hearing that Avalon has another crushing difficulty curve that is very similiar to Zafaria. Don't go overboard with that ... please.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
imo i think the robots in celestia, like otto in base camp would make a cool spell

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I would love to tame one of Mavra Flamewings Pox things that cast wards like crazy. IDK if they need "tamed" as they are Mavras but I imagine she had to tame them at some point.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Wait, do your mean for a minion or as an attack spell?

If its minions you're looking for, how about a forest lord, or a yeti, basicly just something like aurek the mighty in wintertusk.

if you want something as an attack spell, why not a gobblin. They could be from any school, and would probably look pretty neat if they did a backflip into the duel circle.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:

Zeeba Neighba!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
A lost soul...
jk, probably MORGANTHE. Spam those woolly mammoths baby!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
I would definitely choose cuthalla or the elephant spectral guardian or the evil pendragon in ------ ( new world).

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Seeing as Bartelby is already represented by the Rebirth spell, and I don't think that Prospector Zeke would appreciate being called into the battle circle (I'd much rather tame Zeke to be a clown in a circus, rather than involve him in duels), why not spells based on the other sentient trees?

Kelvin's spell might provide a general Fortification-like effect to all players.

Mortis' spell could bring a peaceful halt to combat, save where a boss is involved, but prevents the battle from counting for quests or collecting things.

Burnie's spell might inflame the magic of the wizards, burning up extra mana to gain greater effects than normal from regular spells.

Ivan's spell could duplicate a spell from the target's hand, using the powers of imagination to dream up an effect that the caster can not normally perform. Another possibility would be to be able to remove all copies of one spell card from the entire duel, for both sides.

Niles' spell might act as a defensive prism, converting all attacks striking its' caster to their opposite school for a few rounds.

Blossom's spell could root the enemies in place, preventing them from casting attacks as if stunned, but still allowing them to use other kinds of spells while her gentle influence is present.

Torrence... hmm, he's a hard one. Perhaps something drawing upon the Divination aspect of the Storm school, rather than the weather control aspect? Being able to see the target's hand, selecting a specific card from your own deck to draw next?

Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions all! ::grin:: New FF coming shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea