Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utility spell ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
These new utility spells are cool, but I have had some ideas for a while now.

Lightningrod
Storm
3 pips, 70% accuracy
The next storm spell casted will ONLY hit the caster of this spell. Works for all storm spells, including damage, spells that attack all enemies and blades and traps. A double-edged sword, since you could steal a healing current from an enemy diviner, but a diviner on your team could use leviathan and accidentally hit you.

Community spirit
Balance
5 pips, 85% accuracy
Any single hitting spells casted will have their damage(or healing)divided among the entire team. This is a global spell, affecting both sides. Risky, but some scenarios are perfect for this spell.

Toxic prism
Death
1 pip, 100% accuracy
The next "healing over rounds" counter placed on the target becomes a counter that deals three rounds of life DAMAGE instead of health.

Uplifting prism
Life
1 pip, 100% accuracy
The opposite of death's toxic prism, this spell will convert the next incoming "damage over rounds" counter into "health over rounds".

Burnout
Fire
4 pips, 100% accuracy
Similar to Healing current, this will give the caster 1000 health, but in five rounds the caster takes 1000 moon damage.

Ice
Icicle pierce
4 pips, 100% accuracy
Another global spell. This gives +5% armor pierce ability to all ice spells casted. Self explanatory, it helps ice wizards break those enemy shields a bit easier.

Myth
Dimensional rip
3 pips, 80% accuracy
This spell can be placed on any member of your team. The next attacking spell will only deal damage and all secondary effects(stun, damage over rounds, wards placed, charms placed, threat lowered/raised, etc.)

Tell me what you think. I'll accept any criticism, but I want some thoughtful responses please.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DaMurph wrote:
Lightningrod
Storm
3 pips, 70% accuracy
The next storm spell casted will ONLY hit the caster of this spell. Works for all storm spells, including damage, spells that attack all enemies and blades and traps. A double-edged sword, since you could steal a healing current from an enemy diviner, but a diviner on your team could use leviathan and accidentally hit you.

I'm really confused. So you cast this on an enemy and the next Storm spell they cast will hit them instead of you? You said that the attack only hits the caster when affected by this spell, so how would the scenarios you bring up be issues? There's a good spell in here somewhere, but it needs clarifying. Plus, KI can't fit all of this in a card description.

Community spirit
Balance
5 pips, 85% accuracy
Any single hitting spells casted will have their damage(or healing)divided among the entire team. This is a global spell, affecting both sides. Risky, but some scenarios are perfect for this spell.

I like this idea, but I don't think it should be an environment spell. It wouldn't really work as an environment spell since there's no way to dispel it or get rid of it. It should be a charm.

Toxic prism
Death
1 pip, 100% accuracy
The next "healing over rounds" counter placed on the target becomes a counter that deals three rounds of life DAMAGE instead of health.

I like this, but I don't know how useful this could be.

Uplifting prism
Life
1 pip, 100% accuracy
The opposite of death's toxic prism, this spell will convert the next incoming "damage over rounds" counter into "health over rounds".

I like this more than the Toxic Prism idea.

Burnout
Fire
4 pips, 100% accuracy
Similar to Healing current, this will give the caster 1000 health, but in five rounds the caster takes 1000 moon damage.

I don't know; it seems kinda strange to take such a unique spell from another school and tweak it for another school. I think the whole life or death attack thing has been established as a Storm ability at this point. Maybe it could be something like deal 510 damage over 3 rounds to caster and 1005 heal over 3 rounds to target.

Icicle pierce
Ice
4 pips, 100% accuracy
Another global spell. This gives +5% armor pierce ability to all ice spells casted. Self explanatory, it helps ice wizards break those enemy shields a bit easier.

Um...you knew about Healing Current, but not Icespear? It does +10% pierce.

Myth
Dimensional rip
3 pips, 80% accuracy
This spell can be placed on any member of your team. The next attacking spell will only deal damage and all secondary effects(stun, damage over rounds, wards placed, charms placed, threat lowered/raised, etc.)

There's already gonna a spell called Dimension Shift, so I'd change the name if I were you. This spell is a kinda overpowered since Fire's main method of attack is DoT and many other spells are DoTs. I'm not fond of this spell.

General comments: you do have something here. It just needs refining and some of the spells need to be changed. Also, utility spells are usually 100% accuracy unless the accuracy has something to do with the spell.