Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Need Death Tips For 1v1!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
CodyVector wrote:
I was knight but I going down to sergeant and keep losing!
you need to give more information about your strategy and how you stack your deck. i have kept my death commander at lvl 60 and face mostly lvl 70 knights with a 50/50 succes rate. I would try to find a good way to deal quick and powerful damage.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I have tried all sorts of tactics. Here's what has helped me make warlord and win about 85% of the time.

1. Use treasures (people complain- let'em this is about winning)
2. Put at least 4 franks, 6 wraiths
3. Max Coloss,
4. Max minion (only use the two power pip ghoul) he tosses out weakness, and curse left and right, will give you a death blade, fire elf, and no biggie if he dies it was only two pips, when he dies throw another up
5. Max out on infallible
6. Make a load of vampire treasures with unstoppable and load up
7. Load up on 85% doom and gloom, you always want to have more than the other person in a bubble war, and put it on asap
8. Of course the standard sheilds and towers (I usually only load towers and storm/fire shields)
9. Load of couple of dark pact incase you get efreeted
10. You'll notice I didnt load any heals. Thats because I dont use them. That is the whole essence of this tactic. You are using your death spells to bring you up while bringing them down. *Note this tactic will only be successful with doom and gloom up. People start panicing and trying to heal in the doom and gloom- thats when you know you really have them.
11. You can throw some weaknesses, blades, but only the single, the spirit blades take a pip and a turn and time is of the essence.
12. Oh yeah if you have a spare point invest in myth dispel or buy myth dispel treasures and have about 5- too many people are relying on the "build a big bomb" then shatter tactic. Its funny watching them squirm when you have just destroyed their obvious and over used plan.
13. Its also a good idea to have a couple of triage handy
14. Its also funny when people put plagues on you not realizing you will never heal until its too late.

Oh yeah by the way. . . the only time this is difficult is when you are fighting another death and they are going first and know what you are up to.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
For any of us to help, We need to know your playing style.

Second, Your probably letting your opponent heal without doom/infection, Or your not hitting constantly enough.

Good 1v1 spells for Death are Poison(Garged) Skeletal Dragon, and maybe the Katzstein's Monster here and there. If i were you I would put doom and gloom up when you can, but only if you have any "Divide half damage to health" spells in your deck.

Hope I helped!!

@jackflame

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
I had just posted a guide like a day ago
(Lucky I found it :P )
This is my best advice for any death wizard wanting to pvp. I have won (Almost) every match I had fought with this very tactic

(Go down to my post)

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/46844.ftl