Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP and life wizards and clothing.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
I don't write this to offend anyone at all. Also not to offend wizard101. Maybe i am the only one having this problem but i need help. I am a level 61 life wizard so when i PvP i usually duel with other schools 55-70 level range. I admit is is fair on some levels of understanding. And as a life wizard this is hard for me to get to a higher rank because my only high damage hitting spells are centaur and forest lord. Also i think that when your sergeant and your facing a private I'm understanding with the losing of ranked points. But when I'm close to advancing then their becomes a little of a problem they always bring me to facing a wizard 70 which is hard of for me to battle as some of them have the following:
High Resist (ice wizards and with a life amulet worst)
Blade removing (myth wizards)
High hitting with low amount of pips before i can prepare for a hit (storm wizards)
Shield removing (myth wizards and fire wizards)
Tower spamming (ice wizards)
Doom and gloom with many feints is a little to much (death wizards)
Weaknesses and shields ( balance wizards)
But i must admit i know life heals or some may call it a heal spam but we don't try to we just need to survive. Also we're not hard to kill if you have a life dispel. Not to mention if you think about it closely i understand ice has the lowest damage spells on some standards. But also they have resist and health to make up for it. Now life on the other hand we may have healing but healing is only so good for so long in a PvP match not to mention infection. Then we cant have high damage spells until gnomes. But that's a little to much to have only have 7 damage spells from the levels 1-70. We are mainly useful and good in a PvP Group Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Historian
May 01, 2010
Out of the gate, I am going to say gnomes is not an option, you really need it (I only have 47% boost, and double bladed, a garg'ed gnomes does 2000 to most opponents). The gearset I have chosen focuses on defense, and striking when necissary, so I have made it around resist and block..

Gear

Hat: Cowl of Esprit (from WW), mostly because this gives universal resist and the one crafted from ZF doesnt have universal...
Robe: Pacyder- eh, cant spell it, but it is the life only robe from the crafter in boabab market: it gives death critical block. Yes, this seems weird saying the Cape of Esprit gives universal block, but I will explain in a second why I chose this.
Boots: The boot's name escapes me, but it is the ice/life combo from the crafter, and gives 79 block, good block, gives good life boost and a bit of accuracy.
Athame: Cosmic Kris; Ring: Stellar Signet. These boost up my sprites (from pet) to about 800 base (once it finishes healing), pixies do 800, and satyrs do 1700.
Amulet: Myth Mastery. Suprising, eh? Anyway, this is my wild card, I use it for bubbles, treasures (yes, I carry medusa for an annoying but ingenius strategy) and of course, the quakes.
Wand: Cant name it, but 1 of the swords from the raven's hoard

Phases

While leveling up through the ranks, you will start to see the whole playstyle of pvp change.

Low ranks: This is where you are going to see some spamming, and a lot of mistakes on the opponents part.

Mid ranks: Spamming can only get you so far, and this is where, I would say, 70% of all the pvp spamming is, the most common:
Poison spamming: exactly the reason I have the pacy-elephant's robe, extra death block (I have about a 40% chance of blocking death), outlast them, if they are shooting off poisons every other round, they usually are TC garg'ed, attack when need be, but try to stay alive.
Frostbite spamming: annoying, but fairly easy to beat, too many pips to keep going effectively.
Wildbolt spamming: The most annoying because its effective, it somehow always does 1700 to me (I know, just my luck, but can KI really please make it favor the 100?). Hit to kill, blade up as fast and hard as you can, then strike, plenty of small attacks to finish him off.

Not trying to psyc you out or anything, but make sure you know how to notice these spammers (it is embarrassing when someone cries spam at something that was logical).
Poison, DoT, most of teh damage is in the "back", if you have shields on, its not spamming, but this is usually what I did, 1 poison, no shields, making sure you cant shield effectively, 2 w/ no shields, oooookay...... 3...... start taking procautions (they do about 800, so satyr when you know you wont be wasting any heal points)
The same with bolting and biting......

High ranks: Very few spamming, I kinda doubt that you will still be taking this advise, much less remember it, but anyway, most people get up there based on thier own skill (we are talking about 1v1, but 2v2-4v4...yea, not so much...) most spammers are weeded out in mid-ranks, but there are some that are in the high rank.
I have faced a couple of those spammers, but mostly bladestackers are these high rank spammers.
Now for that ingenius, yet annoying, strategy (I dont recomend this): Tower spamming. No, this is not as simple as place a tower on every round, this is having all TC towers, and always keeping 2 on the opponent (so you can wand it, the next turn he places one on, if you wand it again, it still has 1 on)

Deck Setup

This is where I cant help you all that much. Deck setup is a matter or taste, but I can tell you my "basic" setup.
Heals, some heals are worth packing, some arent (I dont pack any dryads, sprites, minnor blessings, or AoE heals)
Dont go overly happy with blades: I have 4 blades, which doesnt sound like much, but it helps me enough without going overboard.
Medium number of attacks: you want some smaller ones for any minions, while larger ones that will take a chunk out of thier health.
Medium to low enchants: you dont want to have all enchants, but no attacks, you will learn eventually what you want to enchant and what you dont. (btw, whenever a minion comes out, try to wand it, if you ever quake, 310 usually is enough to kill).

Side Board:
I have empowers, cleanse charms, quakes, weaknesses, and some 'wild spaces' for the mood I am in the time I pvp. Empowers are for when you really need pips (spirit blade, lifeblade twice, full rack of pips, gnomes, empower, gnomes, hopefully, you have enough pips for second gnomes) cleanses for infects and other debuffs, and weaknesses are pip builders......

Hope this helped you