Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Idea [A Monster Shield]

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I was thinking the other day about a possible spell idea. What if there was a spell that looked like Sanctuary, Gloom and Doom, etc., but was different. I thought that it could be a spell that kept other monsters from entering the battle. When a monster reaches the edge of a full battlefield, or it can't enter because of numbers, it fades away. What if this spell made monsters do the same thing, but it would keep them out even if they could originally enter? Not much help in a boss battle, but could be very helpful in places where there are large amounts of monsters that join the fight, or if you are trying to finish difficult quests solo.
Please comment with your ideas! Love to hear what you think about this!
~Kelsey Daisyblossom: Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I think that because wizards can thinkbefore playing, and we have more health than monsters, 2-on-1 is the only wayto make the battles challenging. It may be annoying, but I can see its importance.

Daniel Sandshard Level 70 Balance

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
bunnyboymiles wrote:
I think that because wizards can thinkbefore playing, and we have more health than monsters, 2-on-1 is the only wayto make the battles challenging. It may be annoying, but I can see its importance.

Daniel Sandshard Level 70 Balance

I see your point...I was just thinking of how difficult it can be sometimes when it is 2-on-1 vs. monsters of your own school that resist to all of your spells. Also, not to be rude, but I would just like to point out that we don't always have more health than monsters. I know this is cool for bosses, but sometimes I just think it would be cool if we just had to focus on one or two monsters instead of four or more. Maybe the spell could only last a few rounds?
Thanks for you input! :)
~Kelsey Daisyblossom: Transcended Theurgist

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
It would be great for a school like god(Greek Roman Egyptian not God) school. Maybe it there were deamon school it would force monsters to fight? Even if it is already 2(monseters) on 1(wizard). Would be handy.

Input provider,
Valdus Darkcaster