Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Wizard101 bias against storm

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Higher level ice players have around twice as much health as storm players, and about 50% and even more resistances than storm, while getting much stronger stackable blades than storm has. This is very frustrating, as storm is supposed to be the damage dealing class which it is but it is given the lowest percentage blades and lowest percentage damage reductions and lowest health benifits. I've never understood why ice was given the highest percentage blades and the highest resistances and the highest health amounts. You would think if storm were given the lowest percent blades and health then storm would be given the highest resistances, but it isn't. To make matters worse, on pets the damage bonus is only a mere 6% increase while the resistance bonus is upwards of 10%, so a player with a damage increase pet would need a 20% damage bonus to make up for going against a player with a 10% damage resistance pet. To add further insult to insult, the storm damage bonus on pets is the same as the ice damage bonus on pets (6%), though knowing Wizard101 bias if that were different they would give storm 4% and ice 10%.

Fire and storm play about the same in strength, which is fair but then fire is given all the cheating type cards which makes no sense for fire to even have. Link heal attacks which steps into death's special abilities. Smoke screen reduces targeting across the board and by quite a lot. Steal blades, drastic damage reduction after hitting, I definitely have to give fire school an unfair advantage on all the cheap trick type cards that are neither necessary or justifiable.

Storm's supercharge card would make a large difference if it were usuable, that is to say if it gave 20% to blades per pip rather than 10%. At 10% the card isn't worth putting into the deck as two seperate attacks will do more damage than one large one, not to mention that storm lacks pip chance making a lot of its per turn pips worth only 10%, and any supercharge blade storm manages to put up is subject to being shattered, stolen, or damage reduced by the time storm ever gets an attack off.

Penetration would make a difference if storm were given a huge percent in it, but storm's penetration percent is quite low and most likely doesn't even keep up with increased resistance percents.

Storm has damage, but lacks blades in both number and percent strength, and storm resistances upon players are unreasonably high given their substantial healths. Storm is supposed to be about damage and even about speed, but with storms pathetic pip chance both its speed and damage per turn is heavily reduced. Storm players also tend not to train up death for the feint card as much as the other schools do as storm is often struggling with low health and low pips for casting.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
I didn't even read your post as the title said it all. Are you SERIOUS?? Levianthan does about a grand in stock damage and you are crying foul for the Storm school?? Is there something about the Storm school, that attracts the whiners in life?? That's the price, you paid as a Diviner. Massive damage/Low health. Period!! Between Fire, Balance and Storm, KI gives you guys the whole game as it is yet all you do is whine. I for one enjoy obliterating a Storm in the PVP arena. They aren't quite so cocky after as they were, when the match started. :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I am not even going to get into this Debacle with you seasnake, but let me give you a hint. Your math is way off base here, so you might want to do some double checking.

Anyway, your post has no bearing or true facts to support your claims.
Thank you for your thoughts though.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Seasnake,

I know the feeling, Storm in PvP is hard, almost impossible to keep a good record going. I play mine kinda the middle of the roads, like this.

Hit 88%.
Resist at 41% (this does make a big difference).
Accuracy 22%.
Crit at 131.
Block at 110.
Power pips are my key, at 77%.
Heal, 2/15.

I use Storm Elf and Infallible constantly.
All my attacks are fast (2 to 5 pips), until I can get them in the kill range.
I have an overload of sheilds, that I keep up all the time, if I can.
Empower is in the Sidedeck, which helps in a number of cases with Storm.
I have the Life Amulet, and only use low pip heals.

Even with this, I think I am going to win at times and don't.
Storm is a bear to play, and it needs a fast thinking person, which I am not.

Joe.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
When we chose our schools they told us their advantages and disadvantages. I went into storm fully knowing the price i would have to pay for my power and i accepted that fate. Storm doesn't even need to have any more damage increase to deal high damage. The only reason our spells are decreasing in per pip damage is we are being introduced to side effects which takes damage to fit in effects, lame, I prefer a full on pure attack power.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Infallible. (Lol, that' why it was made bro, so use it.)

@jackflame

Explorer
May 10, 2011
seasnake wrote:
Higher level ice players have around twice as much health as storm players, and about 50% and even more resistances than storm, while getting much stronger stackable blades than storm has. This is very frustrating, as storm is supposed to be the damage dealing class which it is but it is given the lowest percentage blades and lowest percentage damage reductions and lowest health benifits. I've never understood why ice was given the highest percentage blades and the highest resistances and the highest health amounts. You would think if storm were given the lowest percent blades and health then storm would be given the highest resistances, but it isn't. To make matters worse, on pets the damage bonus is only a mere 6% increase while the resistance bonus is upwards of 10%, so a player with a damage increase pet would need a 20% damage bonus to make up for going against a player with a 10% damage resistance pet. To add further insult to insult, the storm damage bonus on pets is the same as the ice damage bonus on pets (6%), though knowing Wizard101 bias if that were different they would give storm 4% and ice 10%.

Fire and storm play about the same in strength, which is fair but then fire is given all the cheating type cards which makes no sense for fire to even have. Link heal attacks which steps into death's special abilities. Smoke screen reduces targeting across the board and by quite a lot. Steal blades, drastic damage reduction after hitting, I definitely have to give fire school an unfair advantage on all the cheap trick type cards that are neither necessary or justifiable.

Storm's supercharge card would make a large difference if it were usuable, that is to say if it gave 20% to blades per pip rather than 10%. At 10% the card isn't worth putting into the deck as two seperate attacks will do more damage than one large one, not to mention that storm lacks pip chance making a lot of its per turn pips worth only 10%, and any supercharge blade storm manages to put up is subject to being shattered, stolen, or damage reduced by the time storm ever gets an attack off.

Penetration would make a difference if storm were given a huge percent in it, but storm's penetration percent is quite low and most likely doesn't even keep up with increased resistance percents.

Storm has damage, but lacks blades in both number and percent strength, and storm resistances upon players are unreasonably high given their substantial healths. Storm is supposed to be about damage and even about speed, but with storms pathetic pip chance both its speed and damage per turn is heavily reduced. Storm players also tend not to train up death for the feint card as much as the other schools do as storm is often struggling with low health and low pips for casting.
yes and my friend beat me with the storm mermaid spell it made me so mad i delted hm

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
Storm spells can deal damage like no other schools can. It's the school for those who want to mindlessly make damage without having to plan a strategy. Giving more defenses to Storm would practically destroy the competition, making it the best school ever. It's funny to see so many Storm wizards complaining about pvp, when you have a two pips spell that can deal up to 1,000 damage.
What else do you want? Spend some training points in ice and get a tower shield! Spend your gold and buy some defensive treasure cards! (like the ice spell that absorb a certain amount of damage per pip spent - don't remember the name).

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Ghaladh wrote:
Storm spells can deal damage like no other schools can. It's the school for those who want to mindlessly make damage without having to plan a strategy. Giving more defenses to Storm would practically destroy the competition, making it the best school ever. It's funny to see so many Storm wizards complaining about pvp, when you have a two pips spell that can deal up to 1,000 damage.
What else do you want? Spend some training points in ice and get a tower shield! Spend your gold and buy some defensive treasure cards! (like the ice spell that absorb a certain amount of damage per pip spent - don't remember the name).

Believe it or not storm is perfect as it is, since we pretty much no defense, we must send damage a fast as possible, cough cough spam, oh excuse me sorry, something in my throat.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
maka05 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

yes and my friend beat me with the storm mermaid spell it made me so mad i delted hm
To the original poster: Thogu I wouldn't say there is a bias, Ice does have the tools to counter Storm. But we can work around it, use the spells at our disposal. I have played in the Test Realm, and without giving anything away, things are looking up for Storm with one of the coming spells.
To the person who quoted Original Post: I make it a rule not to get angry when I lose, personally. If you walk into every fight expecting to win, don't. That's overconfidence. When you acknowledge defeat is a possibility, you will find yourself winning more matches.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
bionaknight wrote:
maka05 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

To the original poster: Thogu I wouldn't say there is a bias, Ice does have the tools to counter Storm. But we can work around it, use the spells at our disposal. I have played in the Test Realm, and without giving anything away, things are looking up for Storm with one of the coming spells.
To the person who quoted Original Post: I make it a rule not to get angry when I lose, personally. If you walk into every fight expecting to win, don't. That's overconfidence. When you acknowledge defeat is a possibility, you will find yourself winning more matches.

Whenever i'm playing a school like storm i dont worry about those counter messures, use them to your advantage and just go with it, even if it's impossible :D.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I don't want to be rude but SERIOUSLY!! :?If you read the book pedastals or research the schools ICE is the school of defense! So it's perfectly natural that they get the most health. There attacks are also kind of weak so it's fair! Storm has really strong spells! That is why the blade is lowest percent. Plus storm gets the supercharge spell. That is a really great spell so be extremely thankful for supercharge. (12% more damage per pip)! Also why there is a low accuracy. Though I agree that storm should get a little more health, even though you have power, in tough bosses you die so easily cause they kill you right away. Though if that still becomes a problem just buy the robes with the most health you can find for storm, or any school!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
maka05 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Storm mermaid is powerful and can be hard to counter, but don't let the strom mermaid ruin your friendship XD

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
travisAk wrote:
maka05 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Storm mermaid is powerful and can be hard to counter, but don't let the strom mermaid ruin your friendship XD

Sirens and any other storm spell is really easy to counter if your completing obsessed with countering storm in pvp. Storm shield, volcanic shield, glacial shield, elemental shield, storm dispel, elemental dispel, efreet, beguile, weakness, tower shield, or just super high resist, and it seems a lot of players carry these spells around everywhere.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
I feel ya man, in my opinion storm should pull a pierce in every attack.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Yeah, Supercharge should be 20% per pip. Storm's damage boost should also be doubled, or just a little more then doubled. How about 192%? Plus the 12% that you can get from your pet, Storm should be able to get 204% damage boost. Each of their blades should be increased by 5%, as well as their traps. Insane Bolt should have a 5% percent chance to suicide, 95% to hit. Storm should also have 135% accuracy due to the people that spam accuracy debuffs, and their resist should be raised up to 31%, and their health by 300. Their power pip chance should be 98%, and Storm should be the only school that's allowed to get 400+ damage enchantments, as well as a 35% Infallible and a 40% Unstoppable. Storm would just be in the lower ranks still. Right? No. Storm dies out, just like in real life. The more powerful the storm, the quickly it goes away. With ice, it melts very slowly, or it breaks apart chunk by chunk. Fires last a while, and can grow, and that's what lets them live longer (Link). Did you ever see a lightning bolt last more then 3 seconds? Probably not. They're the harshest and most powerful, and that's why they die out so quickly. Storm was never meant to be a school that survives long, or it would be just plain overpowered.

Storm got the lowest percentage boosts because their damage boost is the highest, and their spells do the most damage, therefore Storm can boost more then any other school still. Ice got the biggest blades because their damage boost and spells are lowest, as well as Life, and Death used to be like that.

A lot of your facts are wrong though, on the pet damage boosts, the resists, and also the lowest percentage debuffs. No, Storm can now REMOVE all blades, as well as taking away debuffs from themselves and teammates, and Storm as well has 70% shields, able to train Tower Shield, has Storm Shield, able to train Weakness, can get the Elemental and Spirit shield amulets, as well as Feint. Storm can also critical on Pixie, to heal over 1000, as well as having universal resist, and also has a fair amount of critical block, so will not be left out and under the defenses by too far. Storm is fine the way it is, except on how some wizards can spam the bolts and win by just doing that, or the insane power level of Sirens, but Storm is how it is, the overpowered but open to hits school.