Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop touching my mount!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I was strolling in the commons one day on my raven (one player mount) and everyone was begging to get on it! Then you have noobs who like to run through your mount and when you have a bird, they keep jumping up and touching it! I think we should have a thing where people can't run through your mount and you should be able to scroll over a player's mount and it should say 'Sea Turtle: One Player Mount'. That would be so much better. What do you think about this idea? Please comment if you have other suggestments or problems.

Scarlet Goldstaff,
Magus Tce

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
O_O Uh... so you want others to stop running through it? I don't mean to sound rude here, but, its gonna happen and you have to deal with it.

I mean, is that really neccasary when you can just have the wonderful options of walking away and/or Ignoring them?

That would be just another pile of work on KI just for the brown flat wooden Stool when you can do the Suggestions above.

PS. Those Wizards you called "Noobs" (Do we not have enough Wizards using this overused Word?) can see your Equipment already and can see if it says "Sea Turtle: One Player Mount" or what so already.

Defender
May 31, 2011
tut0911 wrote:
I was strolling in the commons one day on my raven (one player mount) and everyone was begging to get on it! Then you have noobs who like to run through your mount and when you have a bird, they keep jumping up and touching it! I think we should have a thing where people can't run through your mount and you should be able to scroll over a player's mount and it should say 'Sea Turtle: One Player Mount'. That would be so much better. What do you think about this idea? Please comment if you have other suggestments or problems.

Scarlet Goldstaff,
Magus Tce

People are not deliberately trying to be rude, the game is set up that way to make getting around the spiral easier. Making mounts and wizards for that matter solid is not a good idea. In the common areas everybody would bumping off each other, getting annoyed and arguing. You would have troublemakers bumping into others and this time it would be a problem hard to ignore. And then there are the streets. In some worlds the safe areas are very narrow and if you could not go through mounts and wizards you would not be able to get where you need to go if one is just still. No, making mounts/wizard solid would make for much complaints and problems.

The best thing for you to do is look for less crowded realms and learn to ignore and let this go. There are kids of all ages, they don't mean any harm and they really are not hurting you or anyone else in doing this. You do not have to answer them and you can always turn off the bubble chat when you go through the commons.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
safyrmoon wrote:
tut0911 wrote:

Scarlet Goldstaff,
Magus Tce

People are not deliberately trying to be rude, the game is set up that way to make getting around the spiral easier. Making mounts and wizards for that matter solid is not a good idea. In the common areas everybody would bumping off each other, getting annoyed and arguing. You would have troublemakers bumping into others and this time it would be a problem hard to ignore. And then there are the streets. In some worlds the safe areas are very narrow and if you could not go through mounts and wizards you would not be able to get where you need to go if one is just still. No, making mounts/wizard solid would make for much complaints and problems.

The best thing for you to do is look for less crowded realms and learn to ignore and let this go. There are kids of all ages, they don't mean any harm and they really are not hurting you or anyone else in doing this. You do not have to answer them and you can always turn off the bubble chat when you go through the commons.

I mean. yea i get that streets get to be narrow and you can just happen to bump into each other. That I don't mind. What I do mind is that when you are in a safe area and people run into you repeaditly and don't stop. You ask them to stop and they won't. That's what I'm annoyed with.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Randomperson16 wrote:

That would be just another pile of work on KI just for the brown flat wooden Stool when you can do the Suggestions above.

It would not be that hard. All they would have to do is turn on colission for mounts. As to labels, not all that hard, no joke.

Wanna be programmer,
Valdus Darkcaster

Defender
May 31, 2011
I mean. yea i get that streets get to be narrow and you can just happen to bump into each other. That I don't mind. What I do mind is that when you are in a safe area and people run into you repeaditly and don't stop. You ask them to stop and they won't. That's what I'm annoyed with.

You can't have them physical (aka solid) in on one area and not in the other. I am sure KI designed it this way so people can get around with out having to dodge people or knocking them around. Instead of those people harmlessly going through you they will actually be pushing you around and knocking you off course. I think that would be much more annoying. It would be for me anyway. As I said before, people are not going through you to be rude, unless you start complaining to them and then the immature will start doing it just to get a rise out of you.

I still maintain this this is not a good idea. It would be best for you not to take it all so personally and ignore them. Most likely you will not see any particular wizard repeatedly going through you. As for those you who run through you and keep going, they are going from one place to another and a good chance they didn't even notice you.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Randomperson16 wrote:
O_O Uh... so you want others to stop running through it? I don't mean to sound rude here, but, its gonna happen and you have to deal with it.

I mean, is that really neccasary when you can just have the wonderful options of walking away and/or Ignoring them?

PS. Those Wizards you called "Noobs" (Do we not have enough Wizards using this overused Word?) can see your Equipment already and can see if it says "Sea Turtle: One Player Mount" or what so already.

agreed upon every word

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
tut0911 wrote:

Scarlet Goldstaff,
Magus Tce

I think you just need to relax a bit. This is a game designed to be family friendly, i.e., there are kids playing here. You can't stop people from jumping, etc., but you can ignore them. And by the way, anyone can see your mount/gear/pets that are equipped. It will state if it's a two-person mount. There is no reason to add redundancy and state all but two mounts are one-person mounts.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude either, but you have to learn to deal with stuff like this if you want to play online games.