Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
Hi, i have noticed that most people think ice is the worst school. They say they are the weakest so they stink. Which in my opinion, is not true. Wooly mammoth, snow angel, frost giant, all those are AMAZING. Frostbite colossus, and blizzard are cool too. Tower shield is AWESOME cause if your ice you don't have to use a training point to learn the spell. They have INSANE health and defenses. Their global resist and block rating is OUTSTANDING. So yes i DO NOT think ice is the worst school. Please tell me your thoughts on ice and what you agree/disagree about my post. THANKS

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pokemonplatdiampea... wrote:
Hi, i have noticed that most people think ice is the worst school. They say they are the weakest so they stink. Which in my opinion, is not true. Wooly mammoth, snow angel, frost giant, all those are AMAZING. Frostbite colossus, and blizzard are cool too. Tower shield is AWESOME cause if your ice you don't have to use a training point to learn the spell. They have INSANE health and defenses. Their global resist and block rating is OUTSTANDING. So yes i DO NOT think ice is the worst school. Please tell me your thoughts on ice and what you agree/disagree about my post. THANKS

I currently have an Ice wizard in beginning of game, will let you know how powerful it can become. So far I have tweaked a Life, Death, Storm and Myth and got them though the game so they could pretty much solo everything accept the bigger end of world boss fights and that is only because it makes them go faster if you have help and it was only one other wizard helping. Done with gear and spells that boost their normal school spells. Gear was mix of Waterworks, crafted Wintertusk, some Bazaar bought. No crowns used.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have an ice/storm transcended wizard. At first, it was fizzle city, but she has had a relatively easier time in Zafaria than either my myth or my death wizards. She maxed oout on xp in Zamunda and I haven't advanced her since. It will be interesting in the Drum Jungle, I'm sure.
As far as I'm concerned, ice school is great!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I have to kinda disagree and agree. I have reasons why it is good and bad.
Reasons why good:
1. Insane health, resist etc
2. Tower shield

Reasons why bad:
1. Weak attacks
2. Iceblade at lvl 38 (Fire gets at lvl 2)
There is probably more, but i cannot think of any.
Jessica Sparklegem lvl 70 ice
Jasmine Fireblade lvl 70 fire

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I only have one character, and it is Life and Death, and I have had it for a long time, and I am going to make an Ice character after I am done with that one. I have always loved Ice, I personally think defense is more important than offense.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Ice has awesome defense and the coolest spell animations in the game. What's not to love?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
pokemonplatdiampea... wrote:

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE MY ICE WIZARD. She was the first one I made, doing the test at the start of the game. I think that Ice Rocks, in more ways than One.
Tara Sunshield~~~ Transcended Ice~~~

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I'm guessing those that complain about Ice either haven't had an Ice wizard, or haven't taken them very far. I love Ice. My highest ranked wizard is Ice, currently in Zafaria at level 63 or 64. I have soloed almost the entire game and except for the last instance in Celestia needed no help from henchmen either.

I love Ice so much that I have another Ice wizard on my second account. :)