Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is help earned? or, am i not trying enough

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Sometimes it is great to gain the trust of a friend, to help you when the spiral itself, gets overkill onto a players' wizard, or whatever. If the current playing wizard gains such trust from another player, should a gift card be an appropriate trade? (at reasonable cost).
How would you be able to define what and to whom such a gift be given?
If no trust is earned, then i guess i am not trying hard enough to overcome such an task.
What do you think? No scalper's please thanks.

:(

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
if they're really you're friend and want to help you should'nt have to gift them anything, just help them out when they need it, within reason of course :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RichW497 wrote:
Sometimes it is great to gain the trust of a friend, to help you when the spiral itself, gets overkill onto a players' wizard, or whatever. If the current playing wizard gains such trust from another player, should a gift card be an appropriate trade? (at reasonable cost).
If no trust is earned, then i guess i am not trying hard enough to overcome such an task.

I am not quite sure I know what you are actually saying but will give it a go. Are getting help from another wizard and want to gift them in return, or are you helping another wizard and want a gift card given to you?

Several times I have been offered to be gifted for my help in the game, on my first wizard I helped a lot, I politely refuse because I help because I want to, not because I expect a reward for it, as no one in the game should. One time only did some one gift me with out asking me first if I minded and I felt very awkward about it after ward. Over time I have found, as the wizard base becomes larger and my original friends moved on, that it is harder now to find any really good wizard friends so do a lot less if any helping any more. I stick mainly to my quests and avoid common areas completely and play the game a lot less. Example, my husband who is new to the game and may never be a perfect player, has been insulted several times for not casting a proper spell - this is from wizards who have joined our battle and reported a few times for not friending someone.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
No trading, but you can gift a lot of crowns items. I never have, and probably never will. I thank them and help them out as well. I think that's more than enough.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
As for me and my wizards, when I gain a trusted friend in this game, we will help one another on our various quests. I usually don't trade treasure coards or anything like that. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you'll befriend someone who is along the same quest line as you are and then you can advance along with each other.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
For me playing this game is about fun. I don't think that it is ever appropriate to ask for or require a gift from anyone or feel that you need to give a gift for any reason. I have made a few friends on this game that I have known for quite a while and we help each other and play together because we enjoy it. If someone asks me for a gift or if i hear someone running around begging to be gifted I click on their name and ignore them immeditely because I don't want to be bothered by such nonsense. There are so many many people that really love playing this game I feel there really is no reason to expect to be paid or that you would have to pay someone for help.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
RichW497 wrote:

Gifting for help is purely your call. One late night I helped a person complete drum jungle, they lavished me with several packs (for which I was quite grateful). I generally help when asked and expect nothing in return, as long as the askee has access to the place in question.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
well iunno about gift cards but... but i have had a few wizards on my friends list (lower levels) teleport to me in the middle of a fight. so i want to see how long they will stay and accept completing a quest with me. i've only had 3 wizards stay with me till the end. 2 through malistare and one through kennsington park. i honestly got tired of flying ahead, then having to stop and wait for them cause i had a mount and they didn't. so at the end as a thank you for their help they were each gifted a mount. 2 seraph wings and a black panther i believe. now, i don't know of KI's values and beliefs in this matter. but when they barely have the HP, the gear, or the means for that matter. and they stick with you till the end. i have no problem helping out that wizard in any way. even if i have to teleport to krok to help them on their quests. i get "thank you's" from the time i log, till the time i log off. all the while asking if i need help, asking if they can teleport. i've got a couple wishy washy ones im working with now but hey. its worth it to see them go from grand to transcended. now i know when its time to do mirror lake, i won't even have to ask twice.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
RichW497 wrote:

Are you talking in Parables?

First off, there are many nice wizards in the spiral that are willing to help for free, at no cost.
Now, if you want to reward a friend or player, you can gift items, such as packs and such, but that is out of your good graces.

And, you should never expect something, just because you help someone.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
foenix52 wrote:
if they're really you're friend and want to help you should'nt have to gift them anything, just help them out when they need it, within reason of course :D

hey thx buddy. we get along just fine like that >rR.Icethief