Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Wraith pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hi fellow wizards, my name is Paprika2215 and I've got a question about the Wraith pet - my absolute favorite pet in Wizard101! It's epic. Just epic.

So, my question is, since I am a Balance wizard, is there a way for me to get the Wraith pet? I know from an in-game friend that the Wraith is a pet that Death wizards get when they reach level 48... and I am a Balance wizard, so I'll get the Hydra pet. Also a cool pet, but in my eyes, not as cool as the Wraith. Which is epic. Just epic. :D I have also heard from a friend that the only way for a non-Death wizard to get the Wraith pet is by hatching with a Wraith. And this is what my question boils down to: is this true? Can a non-Death wizard get a Wraith by hatching with one? For one thing, I do know that if this is true, it is not guaranteed that it'll be what I want right away - it may take a couple of tries.

So, could anyone tell me about this? I would really appreciate it! :) Oh, a bit of handy info: I am level 38 right now, and my only wizard's name is Cole MoonGem. Hope that helped!

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Sorry dude, you cannot get a wraith if you hatched I think, but even if you could, its death school only, you can't equip it. However, if you hatch one with your hydra, you could get a hybrid. One of the hybrids looks like the wraith, it's called a reaper.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
No matter if you hatch or not, if you get a Wraith, you will not be able to use it as a Balance wizard. Wraith is Death school only. Sorry.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011

What about the Scarecrow?It looks cool too.The Wraith and the Scarecrow pets are also my favorite pet but I won't be able to get the Wraith pet because Satyr+Wraith=Ghast/Woodland Haunter.But I still can get the scarecrow because Forest Lord+Scarecrow=Crop Watcher.

Name: Laura Lifeleaf
Level: 64
School: Life
Other: Theurgist,Legendary

Explorer
Aug 09, 2011
You can hatch any pet with the wrath and I think you get a 50/50 chance of getting one