Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Hello

I am just wondering what you think is the most powerful gear for a balance. Right now i still have lvl 58 gear. I cant really seem to find any good gear in Zafaria. Thanks for reading!

Jonathan Walker Transcended Sorcerer
Jonathan Lifehunter Master Necromancer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
irishjonny wrote:
Hello

I am just wondering what you think is the most powerful gear for a balance. Right now i still have lvl 58 gear. I cant really seem to find any good gear in Zafaria. Thanks for reading!

If you are a crafter - the gear offered by the vendor in Wintertusk, in the second area, is quite good, especially the helmet. I found out about it late on my Life wizard but have crafted it for the rest now, for my storm I crafted the entire out fit. Currently have my Myth wearing the entire out fit and is doing fine in Zafaria. If you only have one wizard that crafts you can make it on that one and share bank it to the other wizard. You may have to get inventive on collecting the items needed but can be done in short time - less then trying to get gear from Waterworks for me.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ugh, the level 58 gear, I thought those were the worst! I only equipped the boots so my damage could keep up, but here's what I wore:
Bear's Claw of Balance
Insightful Staff/Sidhe Staff on test realm I think
Balance's Ring of Battle
Helm of Equilibrium
Synthesis Smock
United Footwear
Dragon's Shield Amulet

But now I think these are the best!:
Moon Cover
Principle Jerkin
United Footwear
Lifeforce Blade
Bear's Claw of Balance
Balance's Ring of Battle
Dragon's Shield Amulet

You can notice that these all give high health and high damage, but the ones I had gave me:
Super high health
Really good damage
Amazing critical
Ok block
High power pip chance
No healing boost
My pet gave me good accuracy

Well, I was defensive and still am, so I got offensive gear to balance everything out, good luck on getting your perfect set!

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
If you read all the posts you will see everyone says the Waterworks gear. due to overall performance.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
so far my best choice still remain the waterworks gear (lvl 60).

Although i had a lvl 70 cape and it seems interesting.. but since i don't have the boots and hat to complete, can't really say if it would be better in the end.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
I have a transcended Balance character. I've played with several types of gear, but always go back to the Water Works dropped gear. If you don't have time to get these drops, I ran Winter Tusk crafted gear forever. It to me has the best stats you can get besides dropped WW stuff.

If your secondary school is important to you, the crafted Celestia stuff is really nice too. I have crafted the Zafaria gear, but was not overly impressed with it, and the dropped 68 gear is lacking in areas.

I know several great wizards, and most run WW gear.

Hope this helps, and happy trails.

Logan

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
irishjonny wrote:
Hello

get the waterworks balance clothes there the best currently for balance lvl 60 up

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Oh, wait, I thought you said you were level 58... Well, the real answer is actually a combo up with some gear. Believe it or not, the Zafarian crafted gear matches up very well with the waterworks gear, therefore you have almost nothing to lose.