Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion should not be allowed in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
There should be no Minion allowed in Player vs Player at the arena during the battle , I noticed there's so many player are relying on Minion to do there battles which is not very honorable on the match. The reason, I said this cause they're not using with their owned natural skill to win the battle but instead let the minion do the work for them is very destructive , If you fighting one of them is very discouraging cause you end up losing the game though to the minion instead of fighting fair and square, no minion involve pure skill that would test all individual of how much did we learn from our school of Wizards.
I think anyone use minion is a sign weakness lack of confident just playing simple no skill cause the game is made of Player vs Player in other words one vs one got the point, no minion whatsoever, I hope Wizards creator pay attention to this please take a moment and read it, take the minion off the Player vs Player let us battle with our skills with no minion ....

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
benjamin268 wrote:
There should be no Minion allowed in Player vs Player at the arena during the battle , I noticed there's so many player are relying on Minion to do there battles which is not very honorable on the match. The reason, I said this cause they're not using with their owned natural skill to win the battle but instead let the minion do the work for them is very destructive , If you fighting one of them is very discouraging cause you end up losing the game though to the minion instead of fighting fair and square, no minion involve pure skill that would test all individual of how much did we learn from our school of Wizards.
I think anyone use minion is a sign weakness lack of confident just playing simple no skill cause the game is made of Player vs Player in other words one vs one got the point, no minion whatsoever, I hope Wizards creator pay attention to this please take a moment and read it, take the minion off the Player vs Player let us battle with our skills with no minion ....
No. Schools like Myth depend on minions for their strategy, not to cover up bad dueling skills. Try using AoEs to take the minions down, they won't bug you any more. A good counterstrategy is much faster then trying to get Wizard101 to do what you want.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I'm pretty sure I fought this guy from second yesterday, by the way he articulates his message. If I'm right he used shatter and levy at lvl 27 and I still beat him with my 12 myth.

Taking minions from myth is like taking healing away from life, would you like that done too lol? Have you never heard of an Aoe spell? If you can't kill a low health minion you have no place in ranked

Justin Ashcloud ( that red myth that beat you)

Ps thx for the nice texts after XD

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
benjamin268 wrote:
What about poor myth? They do not get anything other lvl 18,28 ect. spells than minions ( correct me if i am wrong ) untill level 38. I doubt there isnt any myth around those lvl's that dont use minion in pvp. Another thing, other schools minions have 400 health. how tough is it to do 400 damage?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
It depends on your opponents play style. Even though I personally use minions often, I don't always use them. It depends on my opponent. It would make absolutely no sense for me to spend 5 pips on talos against a storm or death for example.

Every school has a mob hit of some sort. For those that may have to spend more pips to hit everyone (scarecrow for death, forest lord life) the best tip I can give for you is:

Get the best gear available or your level and school (probably waterworks or arena gear if you aren't that high a level)

enchant your low pip strikes so you can quickly take out an enemies minion. Most minions with the exception of talos, cyclops and animate have health around 400. That's an easy amount to reach with just two power pips. And since no minions have any type of resist except for talos, you can make good use of your own attack boost to defeat the minion in a single 4 pip shot. Even less if you are storm.

Wanna handle minions? Just be prepared.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I cannot disagree more, as Myth is designed around Minion use.
Ice's Minion is needed by Ice, as it has no way to cheaply remove shields.
Same with Balance, it has no easy way at all to remove shields.
Same with Life, and I dislike their minion the most of all minions.
So all your request would do is make PvP very uneven, even more than it is now.

Look at all the top players, they normally use a minion, or some even spam minion. Why, because it's a cheap way to do damage and remove shields.

Now, if you looked into your options, you would find that most good players will use a low pip AOE, to do damage to the other wizard and take out the Minion. My Balance deck is designed to take out mionions as soon as they show up. Minions can be cast at the correct time by any wizard, and I will take it out, and do damage to the wizard that cast it.
So, bottom line, if you don't like Minions, design your deck to take them out, it's that easy. Just make sure you can take the minion out for the same number of pips as it took to cast it. Problem solved.....

Joe.