Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water elemental stinks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
The water elemental minion spell is terrible it can't even attack and once when I had a hundred health and it had full it healed itself!?!?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
GODODD wrote:
The water elemental minion spell is terrible it can't even attack and once when I had a hundred health and it had full it healed itself!?!?

No kidding.

When I was a baby sorcerer, I had a couple of those things in my deck... until I started losing fights because that selfish little minion would heal and shield itself, instead of me. It's like, get to work, buddy- I didn't summon you to stand there and buff yourself.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
GODODD wrote:

it rarely uses vampire isnt that considered a attack
besides this minion does its job correctly it makes the enemy try to attack him while you build a hit up while he uses heals and shields making aggro towards him

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
GODODD wrote:

Storm minion is not designed to heal you or attack. If you want a minion that heals you, use the Life minion. If you want a minion that attacks, use the Ice, Fire, or Death minion.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Yeah I do not have a character with this spell, but I have seen it a lot. I agree that Water Elemental should have an attack spell.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
I checked on w101 central and wiki and it shows that water elemental doesn't have attack spell

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Water Elemental doesn't stink/ It is very useful. It casts a lot of shields and heal-over-time spells on himself to keep himself alive. Then, when he has enough shields, he taunts ALL enemies, resulting in them attacking only him, making them leave his summoner alone.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
the purpose of the water elemental minion spell is to distract your opponents. In other words it makes the opponents attack itself while it attemps to heal itself. It is a great minion, just not for a last minute ditch effort.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Hello, doesn't anyone get it. Since its storm and storm stinks at shielding and healing thats what the minion is suppose to do. The reasons it shields/heals itself is because it will super taunt or something so that the enemies will attack it, not you. This minion is meant as a decoy so that you wont die

Isaac Stormfinder
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
It doesn't do vampire
Even if it did, the healing would go to it
That's just three fifty damage
I have rank three spells with 435 damage

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
GODODD wrote:
It doesn't do vampire
Even if it did, the healing would go to it
That's just three fifty damage
I have rank three spells with 435 damage

Storm Shark, yes. But I think that you're missing the valuable point of Storm. The storm wizard himself can deal high amounts of damage, which is Storm's pro. Storm's con is that Storm hardly has any defenses such as healing or shields, and health. The Water Elemental is made to fix up Storm's cons, and yes, it does shield its master eventually. If the minion were to attack, I honestly don't want to know the complaint level for Storm's power. Either way, you can sacrifice your minion for health, so you can use it as a suicide tool.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
The minion is designed for drawing fire and staying alive to keep drawing it, leaving the wizard a free attack. It is not designed to deal damage, it is designed to let you do that easily.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
He CAN help... but normally I agree: I just want to use my spell to sacrifice him for 500 health. That minion is better than no minion, gotta say.

He's like a sibling; You love him yet you hate him.

Me With 300 health left: Don't just stand there, HEAL ME!
Minion With Full Health: Uh, what???
:| Me With 250 Health Left: Heal. Me.
*Dies* HEAL MEH NOW!!
Minion: I'll Save You!
*Heals to 300 Health*
:D Me: Thank you! *Heals Self Fully With Pixies*
Minion: You're Welcome!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I agree that the Storm minion is quite useless, I did wish it did Spritely on me since health is Storms biggest problem but I solved that by having a pet that did.

I used it several times but it just didn't seem to serve a purpose helping me in any way, even with several taunts it did it never got attacked. Best to beef up your storm wizard with the best gear and just go into fight hammer them down and get out.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I found the best way to use the storm minion is threefold:
1: Cast him early. The sooner he uses his taunt the better.
2: Don't attack after his taunt. That just pulls the aggro back to you. Build up the pips and get ready to blow them all away in a turn or two.
3: Have alternate means of self healing. My mutt has spritely and unicorn, plus I keep a couple sacrifice minions.