Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People owe KI an apology!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I knew it and I told you so... The permanent spells are now drops!

Patience is a virtue.... I knew, like the mastery amulets, people that can't wait, have to spend crowns, while the rest of us, have to wait and then earn these things.

Way to go KI, I hope this teaches all those nay-say-ers a lesson, don't jump to conclusions so fast. This is and will continue to be, the best family game there is.

Champion
May 03, 2011
No one owes KI an apology--for all we know, the dissent around the hoard spells had a direct influence on their decision to allow these spells as drops. Constructive criticism is useful to businesses as to individuals. And, I suspect there will still be people who find "dropped spells" to be problematic, for the same reasons that "bought spells" were/are--they don't have any relation to the narrative of the game. It's another lottery, not a storyline. I am not saying this, but you can be sure some people will.

But as to your moral insistence that we--those of us who raised concerns--are all guilty of something, no. A community grows through discussion and, when necessary, criticism. No apologies necessary.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
I would be laughing at those who spent 50k crowns for those, can ya tell me which boss though?.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Patience is a virtue.... I knew, like the mastery amulets, people that can't wait, have to spend crowns, while the rest of us, have to wait and then earn these things.

Way to go KI, I hope this teaches all those nay-say-ers a lesson, don't jump to conclusions so fast. This is and will continue to be, the best family game there is.

lolz before i saw this i looked at wizard101 wikia and was shocked that they are now dropped
whoo hoo
and now to koto the ninja pig
hey koto my myth wizard brother has a few words to say
' give meh your ninja piggeh"
also one from my balance wizard brother
" give meh your samoorai spell" to soji
and now one from me on my life char
" i am only in kt but i want to farm you for your goat monk so give meh it zankie"

yes yes very exciting
now if ya excuse me i must have a little "chat" with some bosses

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:

lol, apologize, without our complaints and pointing out that it is gambling and likely isn't even legal the way they are doing it such spells likely would never have made it as drops in the first place.... we complain here, make our case and KI responds (the way its always has been)

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
I agree people are rushing KI and if gets rushed it wont be a good item .spell,world,clothing so some people need to think about how much ki has put effort into this game sometimes some ppl are so selfish sometimes and this is the best safe game i can think of because i play loads of other games athely i play all the mmos

Defender
May 29, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Really!? Who drops them? Where? How! I need to know!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
While it is fine to raise concerns and give thoughts and feedback to KI, some people were taking this issue way too far.

Even I, have jumped the gun before and made assumptions without giving KI time. We don't know what their plans are, but they have always found a way to keep this game the best family game there is.

As far as Gambling is concerned Seasnake, you really need to learn what the true definition of gambling is, what it takes to make it illegal, and a lot more information before you cry wolf, because you are not even in the same ball park when it comes to this being an illegal activity.

To those of you that believe, that KI has only implemented the spells as drops due to the complaints, that is possible, but somehow, I knew KI was intending to do this all along. I have faith in the game I love to play.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I'll probably be buying packs anyway for the gear, but it's a relief to know the spells drop. Do they drop in permanent form, or in Treasure Card form?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

KI has only announced (where, I don't know) that they've made these permanent spells drops and you're already lauding them? Well, what bosses drop them? Where are they? Exactly how rare are these permanent spell drops? I call balderdash.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
For all the people before me. Its actually to be nice to some people that cant afford crowns that spent their money for subscription. So guys just say thank you to Kingsisle for making it like that. :) Just be nice to KI they want all you guys happy in the game so no yelling at people for appologies. Please and thank you :)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I never did complain but I sure as heck didn't like the fact you had to buy lots of crowns and try to get the epic rare card(s) from the ninja lore pack. I remember playing magic the gathering trying to get the right card from booster packs and that sure is annoying. So I did what I do to all booster packs and not spend over $20 on them no matter what I get. But now since it's a drop item you can see me fighting these bosses for their epic drop item card! :P They don't stand a chance! Muahaha! Come here Zankie I want to have a rather nice discussion with you.. but be warned that after each discussion I will kill you over again and again with higher rank CARDS!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seasnake wrote:
darthjt wrote:

lol, apologize, without our complaints and pointing out that it is gambling and likely isn't even legal the way they are doing it such spells likely would never have made it as drops in the first place.... we complain here, make our case and KI responds (the way its always has been)

I seriously doubt the complaints had anything do with it, given this is KI's track record for two years now (Crowns shop, then added as drops approx three weeks later). There are still tons of "complaints" that have been levied on the forums that have never been implemented in game. Saying the spells were added to the game as drops due to complaints, is as factless as saying Wysteria was added to accomadate all the "bored" players on the forums that were done with Wintertusk.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Um, ok?

Anyway the Card drops are:

Goat Monk Spell is dropped Zankei in the Air Shrine in Shirataki Temple.
Samorai Spell is dropped by Shoji in Shirataki Temple.

Ninja Pigs can be bought easily/Dropped by other Bosses/Mobs easier so i'm not gonna list it here.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt mind telling us where exactly these bosses that drop them are? I would really like to no so i can get them.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Really!? Who drops them? Where? How! I need to know!

read my post it to this thread it mentions the bosses that are said to drop the spells and confirmed from wizard101 central wikia

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
What am I apologizing for?
Trusting they'd do the "right" thing?
Respecting them for being the best child/family friendly mmo around?
Keeping things fair and decent for all of their players?
Knowing they love their game more than their players ever could?
Putting in thousands and thousands of hours to make the best child/family friendly game around?
I'd be more than happy to thank them, (Thank you, KI!) but I'm not going to apologize for knowing they have integrity, decency and a strong commitment to player fairness and game balance.
That's why I play their game, (Besides the great story, great scenery, beautiful graphics, excellent simple interface, semi-complicated strategy development, pets, housing, arena, gear, and last but not least the joy I experience playing the game with family and friends.).
A thank you is certainly, most definitely in order, but an apology?
I have faith they'll do the "right" thing, all of the time.
Period.
So should we all.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

lolz before i saw this i looked at wizard101 wikia and was shocked that they are now dropped
whoo hoo
" i am only in kt but i want to farm you for your goat monk so give meh it zankie"

yes yes very exciting

Without giving any spoiler information, I would like to confirm all 3 spells and say, that Grvy123 has a great some good information here.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I will now play a game called give me the Samoorai spell with Shoji, cya!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

whoo hoo

yes yes very exciting

Without giving any spoiler information, I would like to confirm all 3 spells and say, that Grvy123 has a great some good information here.

lolz thnx

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
tabby714 wrote:
No one owes KI an apology--for all we know, the dissent around the hoard spells had a direct influence on their decision to allow these spells as drops. Constructive criticism is useful to businesses as to individuals. And, I suspect there will still be people who find "dropped spells" to be problematic, for the same reasons that "bought spells" were/are--they don't have any relation to the narrative of the game. It's another lottery, not a storyline. I am not saying this, but you can be sure some people will.

But as to your moral insistence that we--those of us who raised concerns--are all guilty of something, no. A community grows through discussion and, when necessary, criticism. No apologies necessary.

I love you Tabby714. You are just an absolute fantastic person. Thank you.

I am ok with dropped spells. I spent so much money on trying for a Ninja pig spell, I slap myself in the face. I don't care if Ninja pig drop is rare. Just the fact that I can get it without having to spend money, is enough to keep me happily playing. I know eventually, I'll get the lucky drop.

My friend got his spell on the tenth fight. I was fighting for a collecting 16+ hours over 2.5 days. Never seen it yet. Poor me. BUT, I am ok with it. I just wish KI would have done that as soon as they released those spells. Because all that money I spent I will NEVER see again.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

I love you Tabby714. You are just an absolute fantastic person. Thank you.

I am ok with dropped spells. I spent so much money on trying for a Ninja pig spell, I slap myself in the face. I don't care if Ninja pig drop is rare. Just the fact that I can get it without having to spend money, is enough to keep me happily playing. I know eventually, I'll get the lucky drop.

My friend got his spell on the tenth fight. I was fighting for a collecting 16+ hours over 2.5 days. Never seen it yet. Poor me. BUT, I am ok with it. I just wish KI would have done that as soon as they released those spells. Because all that money I spent I will NEVER see again.

As with everything, patience is a virtue.

The mastery amulets were released before they were drops. They were not made drops because of complaints or because of the voice of the players, KI intended this.

KI has changed a few things I did not like and I, back then, also jumped on the complaint band wagon. However, after watching and learning, I have come to have patience and know KI will do the right thing.

Nothing is wrong voicing opinions or stating concerns, but some of the trash talk and threats that went into some of those posts, was totally wrong. Those were the posts that made it through moderation, not to mentioned the ones I am sure that were so bad, they did not make the grade.

People always make excuses and think they are right. Think they know better than everyone else. I don't know for sure, but I do have a very strong gut instinct that tells me, KI did intend to make these spells drops, long before any complaint was ever filed.

However, people lack patience. People also lack values and want things handed to them on silver platters. They don't want to spend crowns, or take the time to farm for items, they just want everything given to them.

It's a sad wizarding world we live in, when people don't want to work for what they get.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Well, I think that both darthjt and tabby714 makes good points on this issue but I'm going to have to go with tabby714 on this one. I really feel like KI did a pretty dirty thing when they made a bunch of people (mainly kids) throw away a whole bunch of crowns in hopes they'd get a cool, rare spell for their own School only to find out that weeks later, they'd turn around and make them rare drops from bosses in MS. If everything on their end was on the up-and-up, they would've done that from the get-go and in doing so, they could've made new gaming avenues from that very idea where players could farm various bosses for not only in MS, but other places as well (and they could've made dropped spells for the other Schools as well plus more spells with differing ranks)! The result: it would've kept players playing, equaling more money for KI in the long-run.

Also, coupling that with the fact that they've been coming out with new Packs a bit too frequently lately, the reason on why they'd let tons of kids spend crowns like crazy to get spells that may not even be for their School seems a bit too much like an unscrupulous cash-grab scheme than it isn't.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
True, but even so. I still do believe that there never should be, and should never have been, a pack or hoard or whatever that has a permanent spell. I do not enjoy the idea of a spell being dropped, though it does solve the problem for now. I enjoy your postitive attitude, but couldn't they have done that in the first place? Could they have saved the anger? Could they have just not made the pack in the first place? There are better solutions that can not be done now due to the fact that time travel is currently not possible. For now we are stuck with hoping we made the right decision. So is life (until I get that dang time machine working). Maybe this will all blow over, now that the problem is solved.