Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Spell Idea: Keeper Of The Flame

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
ok so heres an idea for the level 78 or 88 spell

Keeper Of The Flame: 1000 Or 2000 Fire Damage remove shields (if they have any) and stun for 1 round to all enemies

Animation: in the middle of the duel ring a giant burst of fire rises up and twirls in an orange tornado when it stops a giant ball of lava with a face and burning hair appears and takes the form of a living lighthouse that is on fire blades ,shields ,traps etc are activated and it blasts each enemy from the light dealing the damage ,removing shields and stunning them then it turns back into a tornado and shrinks down vanishing

so do you like me idea

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

Keeper Of The Flame: 1000 Or 2000 Fire Damage remove shields (if they have any) and stun for 1 round to all enemies

I stopped reading right there. It's an AoE that deals over 1000 or over 2000 damage, removes shields (which is a Myth ability), and stuns (which is a Myth/Ice ability)? This is doing too much.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Firewizardfan wrote:

Animation: in the middle of the duel ring a giant burst of fire rises up and twirls in an orange tornado when it stops a giant ball of lava with a face and burning hair appears and takes the form of a living lighthouse that is on fire blades ,shields ,traps etc are activated and it blasts each enemy from the light dealing the damage ,removing shields and stunning them then it turns back into a tornado and shrinks down vanishing

so do you like me idea
Too overpowered.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

I stopped reading right there. It's an AoE that deals over 1000 or over 2000 damage, removes shields (which is a Myth ability), and stuns (which is a Myth/Ice ability)? This is doing too much.

dude i dont care fire needs some better spells seriously storm and myth get all the powerful spells

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:
dude i dont care fire needs some better spells seriously storm and myth get all the powerful spells

Storm's power makes up for its lack of accuracy and health, and Myth's spells are more versatile than "powerful". But if you're only gonna post an idea for a severely overpowered Fire spell just because you're a disgruntled Pyromancer, then I won't waste my time and neither will KI.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
just because you're a disgruntled Pyromancer

and i blew my top right there because of being referred to so rudely

look im sorry and whatever disgruntled means im not disgruntled im just bummed because fire isnt getting many spells that actually go along with what the school is supposed to be deticated too: High Damaging Over Time most schools getting higher than fires spells at level 30 and fire still stuck on trying to beat someone to get a minion and im tired of people treating me like an outcast here on the dorms just because i am slightly new i just joined last month you know i dont have even the smallest clue what overpowered even means or half the game terms so you could be a little nice

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

look im sorry and whatever disgruntled means im not disgruntled im just bummed because fire isnt getting many spells that actually go along with what the school is supposed to be deticated too: High Damaging Over Time most schools getting higher than fires spells at level 30 and fire still stuck on trying to beat someone to get a minion and im tired of people treating me like an outcast here on the dorms just because i am slightly new i just joined last month you know i dont have even the smallest clue what overpowered even means or half the game terms so you could be a little nice

Are you kidding me? Let me just list the things that are wrong here:

1. You accuse me of insulting you, then admit that you don't even know what 'disgruntled' means. If you're gonna sit here and rage, the least you can do is crack open a dictionary and see if you should be raging. Because you shouldn't.

2. You mention that Fire "isn't getting many spells that actually go along with what the school is supposed to be dedicated to", and you reference DoT (damage over time), which is Fire's medium, yet your attack isn't even a DoT.

3. You post this spell idea, yet you make it explicitly clear (as if it wasn't obvious) that you're way too inexperienced to even be thinking about spell ideas.

I honestly am not trying to be mean, but the facts are the facts. I suggest you just play the game more. Get that experience and come back to this. Also, read some other people's spell ideas. Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Firewizardfan wrote:

so do you like me idea

um, no... Just, no... maybe for rank 15. maybe.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

Ok, ok, now where did this go wrong?
I think its at the remove shields part. (Btw should be 88, 78 would be insane)

Now, I will tell you 1000 is enough.
Rain of fire is 1100 (300+800 over 3 rounds) (1375 with enchantment)
Now, for this, the stun, sure, keep that, but not the remove shields.

Fire, damage wise, has the most powerful spell in the game. (1100 to all enemies!!! Holy cloud of the storm lord!!) But, eh, could be improved, like everyone said.

Btw, Akihiro, he should feel angry for being called disgruntled... kinda insulting to me.... YES I know what it means. And he probably just used hints from the context to figure out it isnt a positive meaning.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

Are you kidding me? Let me just list the things that are wrong here:

1. You accuse me of insulting you, then admit that you don't even know what 'disgruntled' means. If you're gonna sit here and rage, the least you can do is crack open a dictionary and see if you should be raging. Because you shouldn't.

2. You mention that Fire "isn't getting many spells that actually go along with what the school is supposed to be dedicated to", and you reference DoT (damage over time), which is Fire's medium, yet your attack isn't even a DoT.

3. You post this spell idea, yet you make it explicitly clear (as if it wasn't obvious) that you're way too inexperienced to even be thinking about spell ideas.

I honestly am not trying to be mean, but the facts are the facts. I suggest you just play the game more. Get that experience and come back to this. Also, read some other people's spell ideas. Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.

well i thought people would just figure it was damage over time and i dont know everything ok im very confused and people raging at me just because i might get snappy if you had my life right now you would be very snappy too im very confused with myself this isnt my nature if nobody likes my ideas at all i think its pointless for this topic to be discussed anymore and i have seen fire spells that stun

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:
well i thought people would just figure it was damage over time and i dont know everything ok im very confused and people raging at me just because i might get snappy if you had my life right now you would be very snappy too im very confused with myself this isnt my nature if nobody likes my ideas at all i think its pointless for this topic to be discussed anymore and i have seen fire spells that stun

Why would one just figure an attack is DoT? Fire attacks aren't all DoTs. Quite a few are, but not all of them. No one's asking you to know everything; I've been playing the game for 3 years and I don't know everything. You need to know the basics though, and to know that you should play the game the whole way through at least once. You've only been on for a month; I'd say put off spell ideas until you're familiar with all the ones that are already in the game. Also, when you get "snappy" when people are just telling you the truth, people are gonna get offended. It's important, especially in this Forum, to leave whatever personal things you're going through "outside", so to speak. We all have lives outside this game, but it's important to realize that we can't take our frustration out on people we don't even know. It's a lesson we all need to learn and relearn. Lastly, Fire spells do not stun. There is not one Fire spell in the entire game that stuns. Ice, Myth, and some Storm spells stun, but not Fire spells.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

Why would one just figure an attack is DoT? Fire attacks aren't all DoTs. Quite a few are, but not all of them. No one's asking you to know everything; I've been playing the game for 3 years and I don't know everything. You need to know the basics though, and to know that you should play the game the whole way through at least once. You've only been on for a month; I'd say put off spell ideas until you're familiar with all the ones that are already in the game. Also, when you get "snappy" when people are just telling you the truth, people are gonna get offended. It's important, especially in this Forum, to leave whatever personal things you're going through "outside", so to speak. We all have lives outside this game, but it's important to realize that we can't take our frustration out on people we don't even know. It's a lesson we all need to learn and relearn. Lastly, Fire spells do not stun. There is not one Fire spell in the entire game that stuns. Ice, Myth, and some Storm spells stun, but not Fire spells.

actually there is one fire stun spell im pretty sure i think its called choke and does everybody have to be a critic if you do not like my ideas and have to be all snappy and even if it is the truth you shouldnt hurt feelings and your hurting mine more then i am yours i bet you a nickle also you should know i have played more games than really any kid my age should ive only been here about a month and a half and im already in cl and wt ok so maybe i was a bit snappy and im sorry i do tend to get a bit defensive sometimes it isnt my fault i come from a family who has a severe temper trust me if i could change the past i would make my family have a less powerful temper so can we just call a truce im tired of the fighting

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Firewizardfan wrote:

Check your facts, man. Fire has a stun spell too.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Firewizardfan wrote:

so do you like me idea

Here is how it goes....

So first of all, rain of fire already does 1100 damage without any boosts, if you are smart about it, you would realise it is very powerful. i use the main attack to my advantage. (what i do is, if they put up a shield,then the first attack takes care of that, thats why it is weak the first hit.) then the DOT does the rest of the work. but, just to be sure they dont put another shield, i hit with my wand spells!

second of all, you dont look at your cards. if you look at life it is the weakest, but the highest health. storm is the strongest, but the lowest health. ya got me here?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
advtech wrote:
Check your facts, man. Fire has a stun spell too.

Yes; Fire has one Stun spell (that I never see used in battle), but I've never seen stunning integrated into the Fire school in any other way. Anyway, I was talking about as effects. Usually, Ice and Myth spells have stunning effects. There is the case of Storm Lord, but that's it.