Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is a good secondary for ice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
I have read up on a few posts and a lot seem to like storm as a secondary, but I have a level 50 storm wizard and I want to see some different spells. I was wondering what other people have tried with ice and what has/hasn't worked?

Thanks!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Death or myth is probably the best. Fire won't help you too much though... I tried that and totally failed.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Jallen02 wrote:
I have read up on a few posts and a lot seem to like storm as a secondary, but I have a level 50 storm wizard and I want to see some different spells. I was wondering what other people have tried with ice and what has/hasn't worked?

Thanks!

storm is a bad idea for a secondary for ice
my recomendation is go life to satyr and then work on death to feint and get the elemental blade and trap asap cause your blade comes at 38 and ya can use a blade earlier this way
also when ya get to cl learn the tough enchantment line dont worry ya dont have to learn tough it starts with strong 100 then giant 120 i think and then monsterous 175 or something like that then gartgantuan 225 and just switch out the last one with the new when ya learn a new one in the tough family
reasons why ya should get satyr is cause the cards after satyr taught for training points arent very good and wont assist you later
however going to satyr did give some great spells like spirit armor another absorb for a total of 3 absorbs your ice armor your frozen armor and spirit armor ya also get sprite and even a minus 70% death and myth shield which helps when facing someone using drain spells a lot or using myth attacks
all and all get life mastery amulet and use only utility spells from your training point schools when ya reach lvl 40 or so and always remember those spells may make it feel like there are wizards helping but friends expecially a life friend will be handy at all times unless its a solo area
hope this helped and have fun being a thaumaturges its a rough journey that will come out with you being very strong

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Jallen02 wrote:

Thanks!

The main reason people train Ice is for the shield. On my storm wizard, currently in Zafaria, I trained nothing but the blade from Niles in Krock Land, when I got to Celestia I trained the Sun spells to boost my storm spells, she is a killer, I crafted the gear from Wintertusk that includes extra blade and trap. I can solo easily and it is almost embarrassing to ask for help when I end up leveling the monsters before the other person even gets a spell out. I don't shield I just pack the deck with blades, traps and high damage spells.

She wears the crafted outfit from Wintertusk and critical works often, because I had gone though WaterWorks so many times with my other wizards I tired of the grind of it all for a slim chance of a gear drop and consider it a bit unfair since it is a carrot dangle routine.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jallen02 wrote:

Thanks!

Life and/or Death work best, IMO. Storm was horrible. Myth would be an alternative as well.

Moira Moonflower
Legendary Ice Wizard, level 63

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
The first character I made was an Ice character. At first, I couldn't decide what my second school should be so I made ALL of them my second and third and fourth (you get it) schools. But I only got up to the first spell in each so I decided to change it. When I was thinking about what school to choose I noticed that nobody EVER seemed to be able to heal :| So, I went to the Life School and I got all the spells and then I was able to heal everyone when nobody else could. So I recommend Life if you like helping people (Although ANY school works!)