Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT DEAD YET

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
This is a new one with the latest updates: when fighting MOBs, if you now reduce them to zero health, they do not alway die! I just had a spider with zero hp vanish, yet cast a spell next turn! And I was done in by a ghost that refused to be dead again, even with no HP!

Connected with this, I could swear I saw a MOB gain 2 hp between turns today!

Has anyone else noticed the HP getting unstable?

This problem suggests maybe the damage calculation and rounding isn't closing out neatly before damage is applied to the MOBs.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Oh yeah, I had one mob totally disappear and still casting! I had to nuke him again to make him disappear. There was a boss mob that went to 0 hps and actually gained 1 hp and stuck around the next turn. I had to finish him off again.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I don't think that it applies solely to the mobs. Though I had seen that my attack would do exactly enough damage to kill a monster only to find that it ended up having 2 hp after my attack, I had also noticed that I would occasionally gain 1 or 2 hp between turns. As far as coming back to life, I hadn't seen that, though some people reported similar happenings occurring in Arena matches.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
In the DJezerit tomb I keep have that problem as well. You deal over 500 damage to somehting with 300 health and it disapears for a turn and comes back with 3 hp.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I also have seen this happen several times lately. They disappear, but the battle doesn't end. Then you hit them one more time, they briefly reappear, and the ending animation happens once again.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
This happened to me when i was defeating Sastilla GraveWynd, I reduced her health to about 100, and i did Nature's wrath, which did 260, she looked as though she died, which i thought happened, she came back with 1 health, i defeated her and she died at last, ODD. And all i was trying to do was just get a pet.