Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Ninja Lore Pack - New Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Dear Fellow Casters of Magic, :-)

Unfortunately, I must have seen at least ten complaints about the new pack, especially the new cards part of it, for just being on these forums for five minutes. In my opinion, that's not right. I appreciate the new cards that KingsIsle has created as permanent ones to be added to the deck.

"I was in PvP the other day, and this commander shot me with a Goat Monk card and killed me in one shot! Seriously, this game has become stupid..." - That right there was put into my words, but it is the basic idea of what I read just a minute ago. KingsIsle did a great job with putting together these cards. People are saying its unfair to have them? That is untrue. These cards are no stronger than any of the 6 pip training point cards. Unless you're a lower level, it won't really effect you. And, if you ask me, you should't PvP until you're level 42 anyway. (I believe that is the level at which you get your last card that may be bought with training points?) That is, of course, unless you created your wizard to PvP. Then have a blast.

So, these cards a basically just for looks, as far as I'm concerned. They're mostly helpful for, when you don't have a high power pip chance (lvl. 35-55) and you often get two power pips and one regular pip. This is, of course, only for the people who have the same school as the corresponding card. If you don't have the same school, you may just find it better not to cast those cards at all. Really, those cards aren't necessary in the deck, and might even pose as distractions because you want to use them. So Kingsisle did a great job with them, as they do with almost everything else.

If you really want to use these cards though, and maybe one of them is your secondary school, the Amulets of School Mastery are in the crowns shop still. I myself dislike them though. I think they're a waste of your amulet space. I find that I want them in the first place to support something that I may want to put in my amulet slot, (Tempest or Sirens) and then, it takes the amulet slot. Pointless if you ask me. (most transcended only use their main school anyway, considering those level 42- spells are so past them...)

Sincerely,
Ian Ravencaller/Ian Frostbreeze
Lvl. 48 Theurgist/ Lvl. 68 Thaumaturge
Current: Dragonspyre/Current: Zafaria

Thanks for reading!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You should have seen the forums when KI released the first pack, the Dragon's Hoard Pack. You would have thought every single player was quitting!!!! However, that wasn't the case. Since then, not only has KI added five more card packs (likely due to the card pack popularity), but has added 10 million additional registered users. Some people will quit the game, some will be added. Wizard101 will continue to march on. KI will stop making and adding special things to card packs, when people stop buying them or they no longer become profitable.

However, I truly believe there are many players out there who actually want very unique items. What makes them so unique is not only the low percentage rate of attaining them in packs, but they are only available by crowns which deters a good portion of the player base. These packs address those players desires.

I'm personally not particularly happy that spells are included in the card packs either, but just like the gear, my wizards don't benefit from these spells; they are purely cosmetic for me. Just like I don't get upset that I don't have a pet Sheep or Blood Raven mount. I already can't attain everything in the game, so I just add these to the list. But for those players, that did spend the chance and crowns for these items, good on them. They deserve something special.

The green-eyed monster has far more devastating effects than these card packs ever will.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
kingurz wrote:
You should have seen the forums when KI released the first pack, the Dragon's Hoard Pack. You would have thought every single player was quitting!!!! However, that wasn't the case. Since then, not only has KI added five more card packs (likely due to the card pack popularity), but has added 10 million additional registered users. Some people will quit the game, some will be added. Wizard101 will continue to march on. KI will stop making and adding special things to card packs, when people stop buying them or they no longer become profitable.

However, I truly believe there are many players out there who actually want very unique items. What makes them so unique is not only the low percentage rate of attaining them in packs, but they are only available by crowns which deters a good portion of the player base. These packs address those players desires.

I'm personally not particularly happy that spells are included in the card packs either, but just like the gear, my wizards don't benefit from these spells; they are purely cosmetic for me. Just like I don't get upset that I don't have a pet Sheep or Blood Raven mount. I already can't attain everything in the game, so I just add these to the list. But for those players, that did spend the chance and crowns for these items, good on them. They deserve something special.

The green-eyed monster has far more devastating effects than these card packs ever will.

Exactly my point. :D

These new cards within the packs are barely going to change the game. The only difference is low level PvP, and if you buy the cards, you may or you may not win. There is little to no change with anything due to these packs.