Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I recently purchased some very powerful rank 8 treasure cards to help me with a chellenging boss, but when i finally got my max pips, it turned out i can only get 7 pips/power pips! what the point of eve nmaking these if you can't use them! so i think we chould be able to have more pips. please fix this unjustice.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I think originally when the game first came out, nothing was thought of it because there was no such thing as rank 8 spells. Back then, the rank 7 spells were not even out yet. At that point, the limit of only 7 pips probably never occurred to anyone.

Down the line, however, Mastery amulets were released, and KI probably took into account of enabling players to cast spells higher than rank 7 (spells outside their school), and not just enabling players to fully take advantage of a secondary school.

Until you obtain a mastery amulet, you simply cannot cast rank 8 spells outside your school.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The rank 8 spells you purchase need to be of your primary school or have the mastery amulet for the secondary. Otherwise those spells are of no use. This is not just you. Make sure you can use the spells before you buy them.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Dark7X wrote:
I recently purchased some very powerful rank 8 treasure cards to help me with a chellenging boss, but when i finally got my max pips, it turned out i can only get 7 pips/power pips! what the point of eve nmaking these if you can't use them! so i think we chould be able to have more pips. please fix this unjustice.
Rank 8 Treasure Cards are for the Wizard's school, and for wizards with Mastery Amulets. Caveat Emptor is an important thing to remember. Learn from your mistake, and purchase rank 7 Cards. Everyone here has made an error like that, but we had to keep going. Don't worry, as Power Pip chances increase, the more likely it is that your schools rank 8 spell will come in handy!

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
If you wish to cast an 8 pip spell of another class you need to buy a mastery amulet or they drop in waterworks. This is the only way to throw a 8 pip of and off spec class. Hope that helps.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dark7X wrote:

Until we get more pips, you are going to have to use a Mastery Amulet to use those cards. Either pay crowns to get the amulet immediately, or farm bosses for the amulets (possibly taking a long time).

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Dark7X wrote:

That is why they have mastery amulets, to allow you to use spells outside of your primary school. 7 power pips in your primary school = 14 pips. It's not unfair, you should do the math before you purchase those level 8 cards.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Dark7X wrote:

there is a great thing that helps us high level wizards called power pips
there yellow in color and they are 2 pips for the school of focus the wizard belongs to
and 1 for all others
if ya use a mastery amulet then ya can use powerpips for that school to

and that is how to cast 8 pip spells using the wonderful powerpip

were they outta your school and ya didnt have the mastery amulet for that school then thats why ya couldnt use them

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Dark7X wrote:
The pip system has been this way since the begining. You can have 7 slots for pips or power pips. if you choose spells that were rank 8 not in your school then the power pips wont work. Have a mastery amulet or those spells will have been no use. This is not unjustice.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
How hard would it be to enable an 8 or 9 pip system? The extra pips could be there immediately or at certain levels.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
colagada wrote:
How hard would it be to enable an 8 or 9 pip system? The extra pips could be there immediately or at certain levels.

It probably wouldn't be available to wizards immediately, given the boost in "X" ranked spells to lower level wizards. Maybe after a certain level, like how the advanced stats works (doesn't kick in until after level 10).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:
colagada wrote:

It probably wouldn't be available to wizards immediately, given the boost in "X" ranked spells to lower level wizards. Maybe after a certain level, like how the advanced stats works (doesn't kick in until after level 10).

Additionally, there's always the option to bring back Elucidate and Simplify. Although a level cap would be required, it would at least allow for a few more total pips at the higher levels, without tweaking the system.