Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously... Where is Malistaire from?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
I don't think any of them are from wizard city. Headmaster Ambrose lived in Avalon then founded Wizard City. (it says so in one of the quests in the WC library)I'm not sure when Dragonspyre was destroyed, so Malistaire could have come from Dragonspyre. Notice how their last name is Drake? Like, the drake hatchery?

Explorer
May 27, 2012
If you have ever seen the character portraits inside the Pigswick Tournament Hall in Wysteria, it shows that Malistaire, Headmaster Ambrose, Sherlock Bones, Professor Alhazred, Emperor Yoshihito, and a couple unknown pigs (Possibly today's ninja pigs) are ALL from Wysteria.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
thepeakisalie wrote:
If you have ever seen the character portraits inside the Pigswick Tournament Hall in Wysteria, it shows that Malistaire, Headmaster Ambrose, Sherlock Bones, Professor Alhazred, Emperor Yoshihito, and a couple unknown pigs (Possibly today's ninja pigs) are ALL from Wysteria.
Actually i think those are the winners of other spiral cups :?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
malistaire and the myth teacher have drake as they're last name, they are most likely from dragonspyre. XD

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
i think he spent his childhood in dragon spire then moved to wizard city to become the death teacher but reasently he dosent pearmanently live anywere he just goes everywere witch is a big pain for wizard city

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I always thought Malistaire and Professor Drake were from Ravenwood or Wizard City in general. It makes him more of a dramatic character this way, since Wizard City was such a peaceful place and Malistaire decided to be the "bad guy" after all. :-)

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
well u would think he would be from wc but at the same time he could be from ds and dose anyone know how to get unbanned i got banned for no resion and i cant log in

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Malistaire is from Wizard City. Here is why. His old wife Sylvia was the old life teacher, the life school is in Raven Wood, the death school was in Raven Wood, he was the teacher of death. So, i know he could of met her somewhere else but more likely, it was at Raven Wood.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
I think you are onto something Alyshaya. Malistaire and Cyrus DRAKE have similar accents and attitudes to the other NPC's in Dragonspyre. They dress in a similar style with the high collars and highly tailored tunics, and they seem to know an awful lot about dragon lore. I'm betting that Malistaire and Cyrus are Dragonspyrians.

Thanks for the imaginative spark today,

Qbb
Yes! And the dudes in the Plaza of Conquest, the human statues flanking the entrance just before Lazlo Starblade, in Dragonspyre, they look just like both of them!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
Malistare and Cyrus Drake are brothers, once you finish Mooshu you have to talk to cyrus drake on taking his brother.. so that gives you a clue. and Malistare was originally the Death Teacher but because his wife was sick and died he became corrupted and went evil.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Malistaire cant be from Dragonspyre.
all people from Dragonspyre are dead.
they died when the dragon titan attacked

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
colas857 on Mar 25, 2012 wrote:
i think wizard city but im not sure malistare might be from a unknowen world
Agreed.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
He's from Wizard City, because he used to be the Death professor and Sylvia was the life professor.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
Headmaster Ambrose is not brothers with Malistaire Drake. Cyrus Drake and Malistaire Drake are brothers.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I think wizard city but if we was from darkness it would be pretty cool hehehe

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Is Dragonspyre based off of a country? Because the accents sound so familiar, like they are from Europe. It sounds like a Russian or Ukrainian accent. If anyone knows where Dragonspyre is based on, please reply.

P.S I know I am really off topic. For the topic I think Malistaire is from DS.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Yea I agree too those are some really good points

Scarlet Silverhunter
Lvl 58 Sorceress
Science Center

"In order to be irreplacable one must always be different"

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Malistaire was the Death School teacher; of course that does not mean he was originally from Wizard City. Being Cyrus Drake's brother you assume they have the same last name and from the same place originaly. Of course Cyrus maybe changed his last name to Drake when Malistaire became generally disliked, but unlikely in a video game story line.

Drake commonly means male duck, but it often means dragon. So my guess is he might be from a dragon world. Or a duck world.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I've always believed he's from DragonSpyre. It just fits. xD

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Mar 8, 2012 wrote:
The origin of Malistaire is such mystery. I for one believe that he is from an unmentioned world, Wizard City, or Dragonspyre.

I often have the concept that he is or once was part of a hereditary monarchy. Say he's descended of king Mene and would be the ruler of Dragonspyre had it not been destroyed; which is what he meant by "...So that she might rule at my side." Meaning that according to plan, the Great Dragon Titan was also going to restore Dragonspyre and thus, it's monarchy. As opposed to him genuinely wanting to rule the spiral.

The dragons on his coat look eerily like something (supporters?) off a coat-of-arms... Familial significance?

The last time I tried to say that, the topic "teacher's worlds" was removed. If this post is removed, that must mean that I'm right about Malistaire and kingsisle doesn't want anybody finding out; which will lead to personal satisfaction in that I have something for my fanfiction... I was wrong, it's still there... It would still be cool if I was randomly right, though :D

If I'm wrong, could someone please enlighten me?
Before Sylvia drake died, Malistare was a teacher of the death school in wizard city, with Slyvia drake being the life. He and Cyrus orignated right here in wizard city, but he fled to dragonspyre to pursue his own interests.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Malistare is probably from WC because he used to be a professor but his brother is Cyrus and we don't know where he is from.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
ok i thought cyrus drake and malistare were brothers but i must be wrong maybe he is from dragonspyre or from avalon because if he is brothers with merle ambros cause merle ambros is from avalon that would make him from avalon but if he is brothers with cyrus drake that would mean where is cyrus drake from or maybe he is from and unkown and dark and mysterious world

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
colas857 on Mar 25, 2012 wrote:
i think wizard city but im not sure malistare might be from a unknowen world
i am sure he is from wizardcity if he was a teach there

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
hjjhii77 wrote:
Malistaire is not the headmaster's brother, he is the myth teacher's brother. Cyrus Drake, Malistaire Drake.
And even if they were right he would be from Avalon

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I think it is Wizard City, Cyrus Drake is his twin brother. Dueling Diego tells that in a sidequest, and in the great spyre says Malistaire: ''My brother Cyrus, you have...'' but maybe both is from another world? Maybe Polaris! :D (some guys are saying something about polaris, maybe that should be the next world??''

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice mage
Hmm... Idk, but I think I am from wintertusk...