Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously... Where is Malistaire from?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Malistare is probably from wizard city because he used to teach there, and the proffesor is his brother.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Your idea makes sense, but Malistaire Drake loathes you, so it's a pretty small chance that this will happen. Plus, his story ended in the ending of Azteca.

-Aaron FireEyes Grandmaster Pyromancer
NOT.
His story will probably go on. He has been the "final boss" twice. It would be a good idea if they kept on doing it, and it would be cool. He had such a burning hatred he came back as a wraith. What if his hatred is burning more and more......
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 49

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I think malestire is from the same place the myth teacher is from I mean they really look alike! besides the myth teacher is bald That's just what I think!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Well, that IS really a good thing to think of, I'm not sure about where he is from but i know about his wife, Sylvia Drake. She was once a friend of the lady in-front Of the Bazaar. Anyway forget Sylvia, I am 100000% Don't know where Malistare is from. P.s I know that Malistare is just Evil and his school is i don't know any other things about him because They didn't mention where he is from in Dragonspyre Quests. Wait! I know where Headmaster is from though! It said while doing Avalon he is from Avalon LOL

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Maybe Avalon... the histories of a lot of important NPCs are there.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
k first of all malistare is not from wc he is from ds because it was descovered by headmaster ambrose upon which he accidentally stumbled on wc and it had no people or monsters and ambrose grew up with morganthe it explains it all in the game btw i am lvl 70 ice wizard luke iceshard i know the following school spells

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Necromancer Mark D... on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
If you have ever seen the character portraits inside the Pigswick Tournament Hall in Wysteria, it shows that Malistaire, Headmaster Ambrose, Sherlock Bones, Professor Alhazred, Emperor Yoshihito, and a couple unknown pigs (Possibly today's ninja pigs) are ALL from Wysteria.
no those are there because they are the ones who one the tournament

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
GemSmile on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I think malestire is from the same place the myth teacher is from I mean they really look alike! besides the myth teacher is bald That's just what I think!
Uh, they are (twin?) brothers.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I like the idea of Malistiare from a world other than wizard city.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
norr4687 on Mar 31, 2012 wrote:
Oh my gosh! Now thats something to really think about. You know what would be really awesome. Is if KI made a world where we would be able to find these things out. Unravel the mystery our selfs. It could be a time travel world. We could be able to help fight the titans and dragons. We could learn even more about wizard city and the cration of it by becoming ledgeons in time ourselfs! We would be able to meet a younger profesor ambors. Ofcorse he wouldnt be a prof. yet. There could even be a new spell learned we would learn it from the original creator of the elements them self. I think that this would be so much fun! What do you guys think? :D
if that were in the game, it would be so cool.but if it was added, you'd probably have to be lvl 90 to go there
mycin dragonhammer lvl 48

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Mar 8, 2012 wrote:
The origin of Malistaire is such mystery. I for one believe that he is from an unmentioned world, Wizard City, or Dragonspyre.

I often have the concept that he is or once was part of a hereditary monarchy. Say he's descended of king Mene and would be the ruler of Dragonspyre had it not been destroyed; which is what he meant by "...So that she might rule at my side." Meaning that according to plan, the Great Dragon Titan was also going to restore Dragonspyre and thus, it's monarchy. As opposed to him genuinely wanting to rule the spiral.

The dragons on his coat look eerily like something (supporters?) off a coat-of-arms... Familial significance?

The last time I tried to say that, the topic "teacher's worlds" was removed. If this post is removed, that must mean that I'm right about Malistaire and kingsisle doesn't want anybody finding out; which will lead to personal satisfaction in that I have something for my fanfiction... I was wrong, it's still there... It would still be cool if I was randomly right, though :D

If I'm wrong, could someone please enlighten me?
It would make sense, since Bartleby himself mentioned his children fighting (Fire, Ice and Storm) and when his and Grandmother Raven fashioned the Spiral, it would make sense that the Drake (Dragonborn) family and the balance teacher were asked by Ambrose to help bring order out of the chaotic first world.

I always thought that the Drakes were originally the teachers of Dragonspyre Academy and when they were called from Dragonspyre, somehow Morganthe took advantage of Malistaire and the Dragon Titan (since I thought she summoned the Dragon Titan to submerge Celestia), when the first arc ends with Malistaire being reunited with Sylvia.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
DyLaNSCHOLTE on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire cant be from Dragonspyre.
all people from Dragonspyre are dead.
they died when the dragon titan attacked
Dylan,

When Bartelby Grandmother Raven remade the first world, they connected all the fragments of the
First World with spiral doors. Apparently, they called Ambrose and Falmea from Avalon, Sylvia, Cyrus and Malistaire Drake from. After Sylvia died, Moolinda Wu was summoned from Mooshu. As for Profs. Greyrose and storm, they could have been created by the two as guardians. And the Balance prof. is from
Marleybone.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Squire
May 10, 2013
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Mar 8, 2012 wrote:
The origin of Malistaire is such mystery. I for one believe that he is from an unmentioned world, Wizard City, or Dragonspyre.

I often have the concept that he is or once was part of a hereditary monarchy. Say he's descended of king Mene and would be the ruler of Dragonspyre had it not been destroyed; which is what he meant by "...So that she might rule at my side." Meaning that according to plan, the Great Dragon Titan was also going to restore Dragonspyre and thus, it's monarchy. As opposed to him genuinely wanting to rule the spiral.

The dragons on his coat look eerily like something (supporters?) off a coat-of-arms... Familial significance?

The last time I tried to say that, the topic "teacher's worlds" was removed. If this post is removed, that must mean that I'm right about Malistaire and kingsisle doesn't want anybody finding out; which will lead to personal satisfaction in that I have something for my fanfiction... I was wrong, it's still there... It would still be cool if I was randomly right, though :D

If I'm wrong, could someone please enlighten me?
Since he was a Wizard (until azteca) he is from WC.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Dylan,

When Bartelby Grandmother Raven remade the first world, they connected all the fragments of the
First World with spiral doors. Apparently, they called Ambrose and Falmea from Avalon, Sylvia, Cyrus and Malistaire Drake from. After Sylvia died, Moolinda Wu was summoned from Mooshu. As for Profs. Greyrose and storm, they could have been created by the two as guardians. And the Balance prof. is from
Marleybone.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Arthur Wethersfield is from Marleybone he is the the balance instructor and only gives you some spells at first. The Balance prof. is from Krokotopia, Alhazred gives you the rest of the spells and pets. Alhazred is the teacher of the school.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I remember doing the quests in wizard city that introduced malistaire when we were first realizing what his purposes were. Malistare and Cyrus drake are twin brothers from dragonspyre. They took jobs in wizard city. Sylvia is the life prof. and also malistaire's wife. I am not sure who the parents are or when they left dragonspyre and stuff like that, but according to my mom (she also plays) Cyrus is the younger brother. I am not sure where the "I want sylvia to rule at my side! blah blah blah!" stuff came into the story, i think it is there either to add spice to the story or just to show he has completely LOST it!

so, i hope that helps answer your question

~AngelcatDemondog

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
AngelcatDemondog on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I remember doing the quests in wizard city that introduced malistaire when we were first realizing what his purposes were. Malistare and Cyrus drake are twin brothers from dragonspyre. They took jobs in wizard city. Sylvia is the life prof. and also malistaire's wife. I am not sure who the parents are or when they left dragonspyre and stuff like that, but according to my mom (she also plays) Cyrus is the younger brother. I am not sure where the "I want sylvia to rule at my side! blah blah blah!" stuff came into the story, i think it is there either to add spice to the story or just to show he has completely LOST it!

so, i hope that helps answer your question

~AngelcatDemondog
This post os pretty accurate, except the part where it says theyre from Dragonspyre. It never rally says that, I guess its just generally thought because of their appearances, accents, ect.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia Dragonleaf

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
Dragontailtalon wrote:
you are correct cyrus is malistare's twin brother
he is not, he said that Ambrose and Malistaire are twin brothers
but you are right about cyrus and malistaire

go life

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I'd say Dragonspyre because he and Cyrus look like many Dragonspyrians, and their last name is 'Drake', a kind of Dragonspyrian dragon. Also, it's not very likely that Malistaire would hear about the Dragon Titan's power any other way.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Angel FrostBreeze on Sep 29, 2012 wrote:
well u would think he would be from wc but at the same time he could be from ds and dose anyone know how to get unbanned i got banned for no resion and i cant log in
Um... your happy/evil about that? This means happy/evil; This means angry;

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
You may be right about Wizard City, but Malistaire is NOT Ambrose's brother. He is Cyrus'.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2013
Malistaire has to be from wizard city because he is the myth professers brother and he was the death proffesser I am johnspellbreakerlevel:48

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
He can't be the headmaster's brother. He is Cyrus Drake's brother. Wherever Cyrus Drake is from is where Malistaire is from.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
norr4687 on Mar 31, 2012 wrote:
Oh my gosh! Now thats something to really think about. You know what would be really awesome. Is if KI made a world where we would be able to find these things out. Unravel the mystery our selfs. It could be a time travel world. We could be able to help fight the titans and dragons. We could learn even more about wizard city and the cration of it by becoming ledgeons in time ourselfs! We would be able to meet a younger profesor ambors. Ofcorse he wouldnt be a prof. yet. There could even be a new spell learned we would learn it from the original creator of the elements them self. I think that this would be so much fun! What do you guys think? :D
That's have to be the FINAL and I mean FINAL world.

Survivor
May 24, 2013
Ok here what I think. Malistaire and Cyrus Drake are from Dragonspyre for these reasons:
  1. They both have Drakes as their last names, and Drakes being one of the main parts of DS (Dragonspyre) they probably been in a full family with history there. It is still unknown about the history of the last name.
  2. I know that DS is in ruins because of the Dragon Titian, but maybe they escape before it was summon and they manage to get to another world, in which is now WC (Wizard City). Malistiare clearly said in the beginning of the game when confront with Merle "another time old man" which means that Merle is older than both Malistaire and Cyrus which means that WC was built when they both arrive.
  3. And three...........I got nothing
My opinion on this up to guys and good night :3

Molly Rainmask lvl 60

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Well, Malistaire cannot be from a place like somewhere evil because he's actually not that bad. He is just lost and not sure what to do without Sylvia. And even if he really was evil, he still couldn't be because his brother Cyrus Drake is like, really awesome. But that leads to a new question: he and his twin's parents.

" Knowledge is key, my friends." Katie Dusklead, level 47