Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Myth spell: Demonic Jack in the box

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
No, not Jack from the fast food place, throwing burgers, fries, soda's and tacos at the enemy. I knew some people would crack a joke like that. This idea I got from the movie "Demonic Toys". Demonic Jack in the box: 600+600 Myth damage for ever 3 rounds, stun for 2 rounds and -35% weakness. This is how the spell will go. A poke-a-dot closed jack in the box appears in the middle of the battlefield. Its a little bit bigger than the wooden crate housing item. The crank slowly begins to turn on its own and starts to play Pop goes the Weasel at a slow creepy rate. When the music rythem finishes the part that goes "Pop goes the Weasel" the lid flies open and you hear a *sproing* sound. A huge creepy jack in the box clown who is far too big for the box anyway, shoots out holding a big wooden clown mallet and laughing evily. He has sharp jagged teeth, crazy blue hair, green eyes, a small yellow hat and a big red nose. He giggles and laughs demonicly before lifting up his mallet and smashing it down on the enemy doing the first 600 damage. He then bends down and laughs in the enemy's face stunning them. The Myth DOT aura appears and so does the -35% weakness. He then retreats back to his box and the lid closes and then the box vanishes. Sound good?

Wolf Nightbreeze, Transcended Theurgist.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'd honestly be really annoyed at KI for going immature on the next attacks.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
achilles398 wrote:
No, not Jack from the fast food place, throwing burgers, fries, soda's and tacos at the enemy. I knew some people would crack a joke like that. This idea I got from the movie "Demonic Toys". Demonic Jack in the box: 600+600 Myth damage for ever 3 rounds, stun for 2 rounds and -35% weakness. This is how the spell will go. A poke-a-dot closed jack in the box appears in the middle of the battlefield. Its a little bit bigger than the wooden crate housing item. The crank slowly begins to turn on its own and starts to play Pop goes the Weasel at a slow creepy rate. When the music rythem finishes the part that goes "Pop goes the Weasel" the lid flies open and you hear a *sproing* sound. A huge creepy jack in the box clown who is far too big for the box anyway, shoots out holding a big wooden clown mallet and laughing evily. He has sharp jagged teeth, crazy blue hair, green eyes, a small yellow hat and a big red nose. He giggles and laughs demonicly before lifting up his mallet and smashing it down on the enemy doing the first 600 damage. He then bends down and laughs in the enemy's face stunning them. The Myth DOT aura appears and so does the -35% weakness. He then retreats back to his box and the lid closes and then the box vanishes. Sound good?

This isn't a bad idea. My only issue is that Weakness is a Balance (or Death, in the case of Plague) spell and, as such, it would seem out of place for my conjurer. Myth's specialty is bypassing shields- instead of the spell being accompanied by Weakness, perhaps just leave the stun as is.

I really like the idea of the pop-goes-the-weasel music, though... that would be super-creepy, perhaps like in one of those horror movies involving toys...

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Vampy
and her 20-something aliases.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'd honestly be really annoyed at KI for going immature on the next attacks.

I made it as creepy as I could while staying in the E+10 rating of KI. I could have gave him a big bloody knife and he could stab the enemy, but I doubt KI would do that. I could have gave him an axe, but again, I doubt KI would do that. I just thought it would be interesting.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

This isn't a bad idea. My only issue is that Weakness is a Balance (or Death, in the case of Plague) spell and, as such, it would seem out of place for my conjurer. Myth's specialty is bypassing shields- instead of the spell being accompanied by Weakness, perhaps just leave the stun as is.

I really like the idea of the pop-goes-the-weasel music, though... that would be super-creepy, perhaps like in one of those horror movies involving toys...

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Vampy
and her 20-something aliases.

Hehe, I knew ignoring what my parents told by watching horror movies without their permission would benefit me one day. I get allot of my story and game ideas from horror films and magic films, so pretty much any movie I'm not allowed to watch gives me lots of inspiration.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
achilles398 wrote:

Ok, I know in another post you said you tried to keep it E10+ but I honestly don't think thats in this rating. The creepy part, only. Because little kids, like I know some 5 year olds who play this. They get scared easily. That would scare them. They would quit paying KI for subscription. KI doesn't want that... I honestly like the idea but no, if it was put in the game, make it death.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
I made it as creepy as I could while staying in the E+10 rating of KI. I could have gave him a big bloody knife and he could stab the enemy, but I doubt KI would do that. I could have gave him an axe, but again, I doubt KI would do that. I just thought it would be interesting.

That's the thing. This isn't Child's Play; when it comes to a family game you can't take something non-threatening and make it threatening by turning it into a serial killer. You have to take something threatening and tone it down. Reading it again I wouldn't mind its existence as much as I mind Gnomes! existence, but it's still meh. Plus, Myth monsters usually come from Greek mythology (Minotaur, Medusa, Orthrus, etc.). It'd be kinda strange and random for there to be this jack-in-the-box spell added to the Myth arsenal.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

Ok, I know in another post you said you tried to keep it E10+ but I honestly don't think thats in this rating. The creepy part, only. Because little kids, like I know some 5 year olds who play this. They get scared easily. That would scare them. They would quit paying KI for subscription. KI doesn't want that... I honestly like the idea but no, if it was put in the game, make it death.

KI's developer's are very talented and I bet they could make a Demonic jack in the box without it scaring little kids. I mean, look at the wraith, a grim reaper with black, torn-up angel wings, who drains the very soul out of living creatures. Thats not something the average five year old would find cute or cuddly. They managed to make that look childish enough to where it wouldn't scare children, I bet they could do the same thing with this.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
achilles398 wrote:

No, that's way too cryptic for this game.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

I sure remember the rating saying 10+

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
WILDERT wrote:
wizguygoo wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

I sure remember the rating saying 10+

So are you agreeing with me or this person?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I would relate that much more to the Death school for the horror-like theme.