Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointed in KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I am highly disappointed in KI for not only promoting gambling (That is what the card packs are) but this new Ninja pack makes it were, if someone has mass disposable income, they can merely buy new spells. These new spells not only destroy the purpose of working your way through the game and earning your spells, These new spells are also denied to players who have been with them for three years and counting, merely because I can not spend 60.00 a week on a game I already spend 300.00 a year on.

I no longer want to even play this game because of this horrible decision on KI's part. Three years my family and I have played this game and alas when my membership runs out I will be quitting, unless KI quickly does something to make things right.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Gambling eh? Think this has been covered before.

You are not gambling, you are purchasing 7 cards. No, you don't know what cards you get, same as baseball cards or the little toy machines that cost a quarter at the grocery store. You never know what you are going to get.

As far as spells go, so what. I don't usually buy the packs either, so if I dont get a few new and different spells, you think that is the end of the world? Because someone that spends real money on something and gets something I dont have and spend money on, that is totally unfair? lol

I am quite good at the spells I do have, I dont need these new spells to enjoy this game and if you think you do, then did you really enjoy the game to begin with? Or are you just complaining because you want everything for nothing?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You are not the only one that disagrees with this latest move on KI's part. There are many that agree with you.

Myself, I am not going to waste the money or few crowns I have to try to get those spells. They may or may not show up later in the game, but in my opinion, if KI wanted to put these spells in a pack, they should have made them Treasure cards and not permanent spells.

The first 2 links below will give you an idea what some are saying. The last link can go either way.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266492

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266392

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266651

Champion
May 03, 2011
I am quite good at the spells I do have, I dont need these new spells to enjoy this game and if you think you do, then did you really enjoy the game to begin with? Or are you just complaining because you want everything for nothing?

You seem to miss the point. This is not about any one person's playstyle. This is about working for the progress you make in the game, as opposed to buying it. Buying spells in packs, as opposed to earning them in-game, is indeed "getting something for nothing." Or rather, getting something for money as opposed to earning it through questing and (thereby) learning to play better. This is about a business scheme that conflicts with what (some of us) think (or maybe thought) this game was about.

And, you know, people who disagree with you are not necessarily morally flawed (complainers, wanting something for nothing, etc.). They have a point, just as you do. Let's keep on topic. It's not personal.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

You seem to miss the point. This is not about any one person's playstyle. This is about working for the progress you make in the game, as opposed to buying it. Buying spells in packs, as opposed to earning them in-game, is indeed "getting something for nothing." Or rather, getting something for money as opposed to earning it through questing and (thereby) learning to play better. This is about a business scheme that conflicts with what (some of us) think (or maybe thought) this game was about.

And, you know, people who disagree with you are not necessarily morally flawed (complainers, wanting something for nothing, etc.). They have a point, just as you do. Let's keep on topic. It's not personal.

I am not taking anything personal, nor am I taking this off topic. KI has every right to sell spells in packs, it's their game.

Now, some may not like this, because they don't want to spend cash on spells, they want everything free or part of the subscription they pay for, but these spells will be available as treasure cards if you really have to have them.

I don't see the big whoop t doo people are making on this matter, get a grip.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
By your logic, everything in this game is a gamble. I'm more concerned about low lvl PvP effects from this.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
By your logic, everything in this game is a gamble. I'm more concerned about low lvl PvP effects from this.

How is this any different than pets with attack cards? Or treasure cards? Sorry, but these spells will not change PvP at all.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
emperordark wrote:
I am highly disappointed in KI for not only promoting gambling (That is what the card packs are) but this new Ninja pack makes it were, if someone has mass disposable income, they can merely buy new spells. These new spells not only destroy the purpose of working your way through the game and earning your spells, These new spells are also denied to players who have been with them for three years and counting, merely because I can not spend 60.00 a week on a game I already spend 300.00 a year on.

I no longer want to even play this game because of this horrible decision on KI's part. Three years my family and I have played this game and alas when my membership runs out I will be quitting, unless KI quickly does something to make things right.

Alright, go quit when your subscription ends, your choice. KI isn't going to fix something for one person's needs of playing this game. If you wish to spend your money on a chance, yes, chance of getting these spells, then do. That's just like saying: Noooo! You got a new video game that I want but I can't get! I'm going to quit saving up! That's the same thing you're saying, so just saying, that's a pretty lame reason to quit a game. These spells aren't even that good if you look at them, and it's people's money that they choose to use, it's not like KI is forcing them to use their money.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
darthjt wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

I am not taking anything personal, nor am I taking this off topic. KI has every right to sell spells in packs, it's their game.

Now, some may not like this, because they don't want to spend cash on spells, they want everything free or part of the subscription they pay for, but these spells will be available as treasure cards if you really have to have them.

Wow, you are the one that needs to get a grip. On every topic and thread where people say they don't like pack, you yell at them just because we don't like it. News flash, we don't have to like them and we are allowed to voice it. We do have to agree with you. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other websites for you to go to.

And of course you don't get the big whoop t doo because you have missed what a lot of these posts are talking about. This game is touted as a FAMILY game. Hence the awards catagory it keeps doing well in. If you had kids like these adults do or actually read what they wrote and put yourself in their shoes, you would understand more. If anything you are the one complaining constantly on here that we are ruining the game. Guess what. We are the one's helping KI pay their bills, so of course they want to keep us happy and they want our feedback. Thats how the game changes, good or bad depending on who you are. So please do us all a favor and go get a grip somewhere else.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I like the card packs, but they are releasing too much. 2 packs in less than a full month? (I think the Kirin thing came out mid February.) We want other updates Kingsisle! Do you know how frustrating it is to have spent so much money for an item, and after FINALLY getting it, there is a new and better pack out? Please update with something else.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
linnie1222 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

Wow, you are the one that needs to get a grip. On every topic and thread where people say they don't like pack, you yell at them just because we don't like it. News flash, we don't have to like them and we are allowed to voice it.

Yes, people are allowed to voice their opinion, usually 1 thread is started on a topic, not 5 all on the same topic. If you actually read the complaints, so far, they have no merit or substance. Hence, why you get me, voicing my opinion about those complaining and why they are flawed.

We do have to agree with you. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other websites for you to go to.

I like how you said, we do have to agree with you. See, if more people thought like that, this would be a better world. However, this might go for you, but others don't have to agree with me, after all, this is a free world and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how misguided it might be. As far as me going anywhere or to a different website, I am the Legendary, while you are at what, a mere 16 posts? You don't like my replies, you can leave.

And of course you don't get the big whoop t doo because you have missed what a lot of these posts are talking about. This game is touted as a FAMILY game. Hence the awards catagory it keeps doing well in.

A family game? Really? never would have thunk it. And how exactly are the hoard packs that have been out for almost a year now, just now ruining the "Family Game"? Because it is now possible to buy 3 whole spells? Oh my gosh, wow! 3 new spells, Game Changer! Oh yeah, I can now dominate anyone and everyone with these 3 Defeat anyone anywhere anytime spells. Oh yeah, That's right, these spells are undefeatable. If you have them, you can never lose again. Oh wait, they are only rank 5 spells? oops

If you had kids like these adults do or actually read what they wrote and put yourself in their shoes, you would understand more.

As most people do, and you are doing in the posts, you are judging a book by it's cover, before reading it. I have 5 kids. I know what good morals are and what rewards are. I have not missed anything, but what everyone else seems to miss, is the fact that KI is a business. The fact that 3 permanent spells are now in a hoard pack is not as big of a deal or ground breaking news or game changing or life threatening or game quitting deal as some would lead you to believe.

If anything you are the one complaining constantly on here that we are ruining the game. Guess what. We are the one's helping KI pay their bills, so of course they want to keep us happy and they want our feedback. Thats how the game changes, good or bad depending on who you are. So please do us all a favor and go get a grip somewhere else.

Yes, this is the place for feedback, good or bad. It is also the message boards, to where if you post something and I disagree, I am allowed to respond and state the reasons I disagree. KI has listened over and over again, most of the time making good changes. But sometimes, KI makes bad changes, because nobody opposed some of the posts. So now, the message boards have me. KI is doing a fine job, and most of you, if you really look at the situation and the 3 spells, you should be ashamed for dissing the game you love to play. It's really not as big of a deal as some of you make it out to be.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
darthjt wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

My "Big whoop t doo" about this whole thing is the fact that until I spend money, my Myth wizard will be forever incomplete. And the spell that is missing is pretty darn powerful, too. I feel like I am now not only paying for a subscription, but for my Myth wizard's growth and completion.

Another way of looking at it is ... take your wizard, remove a level 5 spell, and make it available to you only if you spend money on it. LOTS of money, because the chance of getting that spell is EPIC. Way super rare.

Whether the spell was not part of the original spell repetoire is irrelevant. They made Ninja Pigs part of Myth wizard's spell library as soon as they added the spell as a permanent Myth spell.

It feels like one of my Iphone apps that I pay for... and then be given the option to fully complete my character/avatar only if I pay more money. And until I do, my character/avatar will simply be incomplete and not fully developed.

And my guess is people who don't see a big problem with it are the Storm, Death, Ice, and Fire wizards who don't have to think about a new spell.

Delver
May 29, 2009
We do have to agree with you. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other websites for you to go to.

darthjt wrote:
I like how you said, we do have to agree with you. See, if more people thought like that, this would be a better world. However, this might go for you, but others don't have to agree with me, after all, this is a free world and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how misguided it might be. As far as me going anywhere or to a different website, I am the Legendary, while you are at what, a mere 16 posts? You don't like my replies, you can leave.

And what exactly does the Legendary mean anyways? Nothing more than the fact that you post/talk a lot more than others do. Doesn't mean you've been around longer We can all tell that because your join date is on the side. I've been around longer and I read the forums I just don't think I need to respond to each and every thread therefore my post count isn't that high. The person you just berated has been playing just a few months shy of yourself. Yet because s/he has a "mere 16 posts" s/he is not your equal (as in "not the Legendary)? They don't like your attitude cause you think you reign supreme on these message boards so they (and anyone else who disagrees with you) should just leave? Yeah! As if!

And of course you don't get the big whoop t doo because you have missed what a lot of these posts are talking about. This game is touted as a FAMILY game. Hence the awards catagory it keeps doing well in.

darthjt wrote:
A family game? Really? never would have thunk it. And how exactly are the hoard packs that have been out for almost a year now, just now ruining the "Family Game"? Because it is now possible to buy 3 whole spells? Oh my gosh, wow! 3 new spells, Game Changer! Oh yeah, I can now dominate anyone and everyone with these 3 Defeat anyone anywhere anytime spells. Oh yeah, That's right, these spells are undefeatable. If you have them, you can never lose again. Oh wait, they are only rank 5 spells? oops

I don't know about you, but my level 70 myth still uses her rank 4 humongofrog spell. Why? cause when it has a Colossal enchantment on it and is boosted with a myth blade it's pretty darn powerful. Even my low levels use Monstrous on their rank 4 AoE spells-Meteor, Blizzard, and Sandstorm. With their blades they do some nice damage. So I'm pretty sure that with the same enchantments and buffs these little bitty ol' rank 5 spells will also do some amazing output on a boss.

If you had kids like these adults do or actually read what they wrote and put yourself in their shoes, you would understand more.

darthjt wrote:
As most people do, and you are doing in the posts, you are judging a book by it's cover, before reading it. I have 5 kids. I know what good morals are and what rewards are. I have not missed anything, but what everyone else seems to miss, is the fact that KI is a business. The fact that 3 permanent spells are now in a hoard pack is not as big of a deal or ground breaking news or game changing or life threatening or game quitting deal as some would lead you to believe.

No, but it's the first time that something that affected spells like this was made so that it was not accessible by others that would be able to use them. I'm not talking about spells that are not available to you if you are not high enough level or of the right school. These spells are supposed to be able to be used by ANYONE. Let's use an example then. Mastery amulets are able to be used by ANYONE so that you can use a school spell outside of your own school of focus. Ok not everyone can afford to buy them from the crowns shop but they could be farmed for in the Waterworks and Tower of Helephant. Which shows there was another means of acquiring the item. Why could these not be considered as drops even if they were given a low chance in the loot table of a very hard dungeon? It would at least make it fair without making it something that has to be bought with crowns only and only a minor chance of getting

If anything you are the one complaining constantly on here that we are ruining the game. Guess what. We are the one's helping KI pay their bills, so of course they want to keep us happy and they want our feedback. Thats how the game changes, good or bad depending on who you are. So please do us all a favor and go get a grip somewhere else.

darthjt wrote:
Yes, this is the place for feedback, good or bad. It is also the message boards, to where if you post something and I disagree, I am allowed to respond and state the reasons I disagree. KI has listened over and over again, most of the time making good changes. But sometimes, KI makes bad changes, because nobody opposed some of the posts. So now, the message boards have me. KI is doing a fine job, and most of you, if you really look at the situation and the 3 spells, you should be ashamed for dissing the game you love to play. It's really not as big of a deal as some of you make it out to be.

I hardly doubt that KI has employed you as their personal Forum Message Board Moderator which is what your statement above insinuates. Of course the message boards are for feedback, both positive and negative. However, negative feedback can be given without you patronizing other people and sounding condescending to them. Just because you have more posts and "are the Legendary" does not make you the "Know it all and Mr. Right". Surely you can post a disagreeing opinion without being sarcastic and cynical.

As someone who does have 14 accounts with 84 wizards; 4 that are Transcended, 21 who are Legendary-I am the last person who would be dissing the game. I have lots left to play and much left to do!

I let KI know what I think via the many channels they have open to do so-here on the message boards, their support, through Test Realm, Twitter, Facebook, Central, etc.

There is no way they can't NOT be listening to their players. I think they hear us loud and clear.

SorceressMiklai

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I agree with darthjt. Its your choice as to whether or not you buy the card packs. I choose to and enjoy getting the epic pets/mounts from them, along with a lot of the gear and housing items. Yes, at times, I do spend a lot on them; but that's my choice. No one is making me do it; its my choice.

KI is doing a great job in trying to make as many of their players happy. Enough of us like the card packs that they bring us more to buy. They can't make everyone happy. It just isn't humanly possible. So cut KI some slack, folks. Remember why you started playing this game in the first place.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
darthjt wrote:
linnie1222 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

Wow, you are the one that needs to get a grip. On every topic and thread where people say they don't like pack, you yell at them just because we don't like it. News flash, we don't have to like them and we are allowed to voice it.

Yes, people are allowed to voice their opinion, usually 1 thread is started on a topic, not 5 all on the same topic. If you actually read the complaints, so far, they have no merit or substance. Hence, why you get me, voicing my opinion about those complaining and why they are flawed.

LOL ... Ok, so your Legedary on this board just means you talk ... a lot. Me with a mere 16 posts what do I know? Talk about judging a book by its cover, read your own words before posting something like that.

I have 4 level 70 wizards and close to a 5th. One of them is even Commander in pvp as I have started to do pvp now. This whole time I've just been sitting back reading this board, until lately. And since you are supposidly an adult, you should start acting like one and stop acting all high and mighty just beacause you have your Legend status on the message boards. Is that really your claim to fame that you are goign to try and beat me down with? That is so laughable that I'm supposed to bow down to you just because of that. I guess now we have to be scared of people that have a lot of posts, not just higher levels in the game.

Again you say we should be ashamed for dissing the game we love. And again you don't get it. If we go by what you say, then we should NEVER say anything bad about this game, we should always just take it. Wrong answer. If something is wrong and community doesn't like it, then relax and let us tell our side. If you don't like, go to another post. Obviously as a Legend you are familiar with how to surf so make it happen.

And as for agreeing with you, it was a typo, I meant to type "don't."

Lastly, yes KI has the right to sell spells in their Packs, but it NEVER been a permanent one that goes against EVERYTHING we have learned as wizards.....which is, the more work you put in, the higher the level you get, the bigger spell you get for your school. You have ALWAYS had to earn your schools permanent spells and if you didn't, you still earned that spell with a training point. And even then you couldn't get that spell without being at the proper llevel.

If we continue with yours and KI's logic on this pack, then none of the spells in the game should have level limits on them. Why should they? Because you just stated numerous times in your Legend posts that even though it is a 5 pip spell, you should be able to use it no matter what level you are. Well why then make any spell level restricted for that matter then? You just said this one didn't matter and that it won't ruin the game or would it? This is why we don't like the fact that these are PERMANENT, not tc spells, that are being put into these packs.

Ashley

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Fact: The spending/wagering money for the Chance of a specific non-guaranteed reward is by definition gambling.

Fact: Wizard101/Kings Isle actively promotes/advertises Wizard101 as a kid friendly and family friendly game.

Fact: Children buying the card Packs with the hope of getting the ultra rare and rare drops is gambling, and does indoctrinate children in to gambling.

Opinion: You can Agree or disagree if its OK to indoctrinate kids into gambling, the current moral majority feels this is a bad thing and I would agree.

Opinion: Allowing gambling for new permanent spells destroys a main part of the game. Either be lucky or be rich seems to be the message kings isle/Wizard101 is promoting now.

I have played this game for three years and spent quite a bit on gear, mounts, etc. and don't regret a single purchase.

Possible Solutions: If Kings Isle insists on keeping the card packs. I would suggest they make the card packs more like a real life pack, like a pack of Magic the Gathering cards were you a guaranteed at least one rare and two uncommon cards.

They should also get rid of any chance of getting new permanent spells since it is in direct opposition to a core part of the game.

Thank you for your time and attention

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
emperordark wrote:

in my opinion these packs KI has come up with are similar to other tcg's like pokeimon, yugioh, and all those others. there are a list of possible items you can get say 7 of a certain set for 3.99. It is all about chance. The spells wont make pvp any different. but the time a lvl 10 brings out a 5 or 6 pip spell in their school or not it could be worthless because they might be dying or there opponent might have shields.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SorceressMiklai wrote:

darthjt wrote:

And what exactly does the Legendary mean anyways? Nothing more than the fact that you post/talk a lot more than others do. Doesn't mean you've been around longer We can all tell that because your join date is on the side. I've been around longer and I read the forums I just don't think I need to respond to each and every thread therefore my post count isn't that high. The person you just berated has been playing just a few months shy of yourself. Yet because s/he has a "mere 16 posts" s/he is not your equal (as in "not the Legendary)? They don't like your attitude cause you think you reign supreme on these message boards so they (and anyone else who disagrees with you) should just leave? Yeah! As if!

Reading comprehension might do both of you some good. She told me to leave. I have been on this board, posting messages (lots of messages), long before her, and a lot more than her and you. The point, that seems to have eluded both of you, is I don't have to go anywhere and have earned my right to post, so don't tell me I should leave, if anything she should leave.

darthjt wrote:

I don't know about you, but my level 70 myth still uses her rank 4 humongofrog spell. Why? cause when it has a Colossal enchantment on it and is boosted with a myth blade it's pretty darn powerful. Even my low levels use Monstrous on their rank 4 AoE spells-Meteor, Blizzard, and Sandstorm. With their blades they do some nice damage. So I'm pretty sure that with the same enchantments and buffs these little bitty ol' rank 5 spells will also do some amazing output on a boss.

Wow, really? No way, who would have thunk it? Enchantments boost spells, ground breaking news, thanks so much for that.

darthjt wrote:

No, but it's the first time that something that affected spells like this was made so that it was not accessible by others that would be able to use them. I'm not talking about spells that are not available to you if you are not high enough level or of the right school. These spells are supposed to be able to be used by ANYONE. Let's use an example then. Mastery amulets are able to be used by ANYONE so that you can use a school spell outside of your own school of focus. Ok not everyone can afford to buy them from the crowns shop but they could be farmed for in the Waterworks and Tower of Helephant. Which shows there was another means of acquiring the item. Why could these not be considered as drops even if they were given a low chance in the loot table of a very hard dungeon? It would at least make it fair without making it something that has to be bought with crowns only and only a minor chance of getting

Not sure if you remember or not, but the mastery amulets came out a month or 2 before they were available as drops, is this not correct? Do you know what KI has in store? Do you know for a fact it will never be possible to get these new spells, except with these new packs?

darthjt wrote:

I hardly doubt that KI has employed you as their personal Forum Message Board Moderator which is what your statement above insinuates. Of course the message boards are for feedback, both positive and negative. However, negative feedback can be given without you patronizing other people and sounding condescending to them. Just because you have more posts and "are the Legendary" does not make you the "Know it all and Mr. Right". Surely you can post a disagreeing opinion without being sarcastic and cynical.

You need to read that again, I never said KI has employed me as anything. I stated, that because of people posting silly things and silly claims, I have taken it upon myself to right the wrongs, to silence the whining, to keep the game balanced and fun. If you don't like the way I post or do that, don't read my posts. I am restricted by the rules of the message boards, not by anyone else.

As someone who does have 14 accounts with 84 wizards; 4 that are Transcended, 21 who are Legendary-I am the last person who would be dissing the game. I have lots left to play and much left to do!

I let KI know what I think via the many channels they have open to do so-here on the message boards, their support, through Test Realm, Twitter, Facebook, Central, etc.

There is no way they can't NOT be listening to their players. I think they hear us loud and clear.

SorceressMiklai

KI does listen to their players, they always have. But, when players jump the gun, or threaten to quit, or say all the silly things they are saying at the present moment, someone needs to step in and remind them of what a great game this is. That KI has always fixed things. And that these 3 spells do not complete a character and are not the end of the world.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

LOL ... Ok, so your Legedary on this board just means you talk ... a lot. Me with a mere 16 posts what do I know? Talk about judging a book by its cover, read your own words before posting something like that.

You are the one that told me to leave and change to a different message board, me, being Legendary, have more of a right to be here and keep posting than you do, a person of a mere 17 posts now. I was not judging a book by it's cover, if you actually read it properly, I am stating mere facts.

I have 4 level 70 wizards and close to a 5th. One of them is even Commander in pvp as I have started to do pvp now.

Why is it, both you and this other person have to state howmany wizards they have, is there a point? Ok, for the record, I have 12 Wizards, 5 are not yet transcended but the rest are. I have a wizard in every school.

This whole time I've just been sitting back reading this board, until lately. And since you are supposidly an adult, you should start acting like one and stop acting all high and mighty just beacause you have your Legend status on the message boards. Is that really your claim to fame that you are goign to try and beat me down with? That is so laughable that I'm supposed to bow down to you just because of that. I guess now we have to be scared of people that have a lot of posts, not just higher levels in the game.

No, what is truly funny, is the way some of you are taking this whole 3 spells in a pack. Big whoop. The overreaction people are giving, that is what is funny. As far as the way I act, you are not my mother, nor are you a rule of posting. Therefore, I can post how I want.

Again you say we should be ashamed for dissing the game we love. And again you don't get it. If we go by what you say, then we should NEVER say anything bad about this game, we should always just take it. Wrong answer. If something is wrong and community doesn't like it, then relax and let us tell our side. If you don't like, go to another post. Obviously as a Legend you are familiar with how to surf so make it happen.

No, again, reading comprehension is a good thing, try it sometime. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion on the boards and tell KI if they like something or don't like something, or even tell a poster. However, you jumped on me, because I was giving my opinion to others on this matter. You should try that glass slipper on yourself before you try and shove it down someone else's throat.

No, Really? Who would have thunk it? Say it isn't so.

Lastly, yes KI has the right to sell spells in their Packs, but it NEVER been a permanent one that goes against EVERYTHING we have learned as wizards.....which is, the more work you put in, the higher the level you get, the bigger spell you get for your school. You have ALWAYS had to earn your schools permanent spells and if you didn't, you still earned that spell with a training point. And even then you couldn't get that spell without being at the proper llevel.

Really, that is in writing? All spells in game are earned through work? Where is that in writing, I would love to read that...

If we continue with yours and KI's logic on this pack, then none of the spells in the game should have level limits on them. Why should they? Because you just stated numerous times in your Legend posts that even though it is a 5 pip spell, you should be able to use it no matter what level you are. Well why then make any spell level restricted for that matter then? You just said this one didn't matter and that it won't ruin the game or would it? This is why we don't like the fact that these are PERMANENT, not tc spells, that are being put into these packs.

Ashley

Ever heard the phrase, crown vs time? It is a motto of KI for quite some time now. Need I say more, or do you need further explanations?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
emperordark wrote:
Fact: The spending/wagering money for the Chance of a specific non-guaranteed reward is by definition gambling.

Never spend your money on one of the little toy machines at the grocery store for 25 cents, cause then you are indoctrinating your child into gambling. Also, never let them buy baseball cards, or basketball cards, etc.

Fact: Wizard101/Kings Isle actively promotes/advertises Wizard101 as a kid friendly and family friendly game.

It is, people like to make excuses for things they don't like though.

Fact: Children buying the card Packs with the hope of getting the ultra rare and rare drops is gambling, and does indoctrinate children in to gambling.

Wow, this is a fact? Or your opinion... Sounds to me, like it is more of an opinion and that is a fact. :D

Opinion: You can Agree or disagree if its OK to indoctrinate kids into gambling, the current moral majority feels this is a bad thing and I would agree.

So, if you don't like it, dont buy it... Nobody is forcing you to.

Opinion: Allowing gambling for new permanent spells destroys a main part of the game. Either be lucky or be rich seems to be the message kings isle/Wizard101 is promoting now.

That is definitely an opinion. These new spells are not destroying or changing this game at all. People are over-reacting because people want them but dont want to spend any money for them. Does not change the fact that you can use them by treasure cards. Does not change your character or the ability of that character at all. This is a personal preference only.

I have played this game for three years and spent quite a bit on gear, mounts, etc. and don't regret a single purchase.

Possible Solutions: If Kings Isle insists on keeping the card packs. I would suggest they make the card packs more like a real life pack, like a pack of Magic the Gathering cards were you a guaranteed at least one rare and two uncommon cards.

They should also get rid of any chance of getting new permanent spells since it is in direct opposition to a core part of the game.

Thank you for your time and attention

Nobody knows if KI will make these spells as possible drops in the game. Or if KI will make them available to straight crown purchase. KI has always been kinda secrative. Time will tell

People are allowed to voice their opinions, but some of you should not go overboard, make false claims, or accusations.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
darthjt wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

You are the one that told me to leave and change to a different message board, me, being Legendary, have more of a right to be here and keep posting than you do, a person of a mere 17 posts now. I was not judging a book by it's cover, if you actually read it properly, I am stating mere facts.

I have 4 level 70 wizards and close to a 5th. One of them is even Commander in pvp as I have started to do pvp now.

Why is it, both you and this other person have to state howmany wizards they have, is there a point? Ok, for the record, I have 12 Wizards, 5 are not yet transcended but the rest are. I have a wizard in every school.

This whole time I've just been sitting back reading this board, until lately. And since you are supposidly an adult, you should start acting like one and stop acting all high and mighty just beacause you have your Legend status on the message boards. Is that really your claim to fame that you are goign to try and beat me down with? That is so laughable that I'm supposed to bow down to you just because of that. I guess now we have to be scared of people that have a lot of posts, not just higher levels in the game.

No, what is truly funny, is the way some of you are taking this whole 3 spells in a pack. Big whoop. The overreaction people are giving, that is what is funny. As far as the way I act, you are not my mother, nor are you a rule of posting. Therefore, I can post how I want.

No, again, reading comprehension is a good thing, try it sometime. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion on the boards and tell KI if they like something or don't like something, or even tell a poster. However, you jumped on me, because I was giving my opinion to others on this matter. You should try that glass slipper on yourself before you try and shove it down someone else's throat.

No, Really? Who would have thunk it? Say it isn't so.

Really, that is in writing? All spells in game are earned through work? Where is that in writing, I would love to read that...

Ashley

Ever heard the phrase, crown vs time? It is a motto of KI for quite some time now. Need I say more, or do you need further explanations?

You really are arrogant saying -
" me, being Legendary, have more of a right to be here and keep posting than you do, a person of a mere 17 posts now."

Show me where in the rules here on this forum that you are right?

As for why I said how many wizards I have, it's because you seem to think that just because I dont have that many posts, that I don't know what I'm talking about. So you're someone who needs to be told.

As for the reading comprehension joke, I expected more from an adult who keeps acting like he is bully of the yard. That is the way you are acting up here. I know you will prove me right by your next response to this post.

However, you jumped on me, because I was giving my opinion to others on this matter. You should try that glass slipper on yourself before you try and shove it down someone else's throat.

No were not. You were shoving your glass slipper of "we are wrong and you are right no matter what." If you think you're not, then why did you respond to every post up here trying to belittle everyone who disagrees with you? What was that you said about comprehension? Again, take your own advice before trying to shove it down our throats.

And the part where you show us all just good you can read, you said -

All spells in game are earned through work? Where is that in writing, I would love to read that...

I said PERMANENT spells. Go get a dictionary and look it up. It doesn't me treasure card spell. And you with all your wizards if you haven't figured that out yet, I don't know what to tell you. Obviously you have to complete quests/work to get your PERMANENT spells for whatever school you belong to.

Lastly you said -

Every hear of reading is fundamental? You should try that before responding. Your answer here had nothing to do with what I asked in that paragraph. Need I say more or do you need further explanations? If I could I would break out the crayons on here for you, so you can understand better.

Have a nice life and good luck with your wizards. You're honestly not worth wasting more time on. From my posts and your replies, there's nothing left to say. Flame on ....

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Gambling eh? Think this has been covered before.

You are not gambling, you are purchasing 7 cards. No, you don't know what cards you get, same as baseball cards or the little toy machines that cost a quarter at the grocery store. You never know what you are going to get.

As far as spells go, so what. I don't usually buy the packs either, so if I dont get a few new and different spells, you think that is the end of the world? Because someone that spends real money on something and gets something I dont have and spend money on, that is totally unfair? lol

I suggest looking up the definition of gambling in any dictionary. These card packs are definitely gambling.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
darthjt wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

How is this any different than pets with attack cards? Or treasure cards? Sorry, but these spells will not change PvP at all.
You misunderstand, i'm worried about complaints not actual effects. As a high level PvPer, I wouldn't be effected at all, so I have no personal gain from disrupting this. The fact that they are bought spells, however, will cause some non-crowns players in low level PvP to start complaining.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree with the condescending attitudes and snooty replies. We get passionate about our replies and opinions. But we should always keep in mind other people's feelings and our manners. Yes, this is just a 'game' and digital output of a long winded program. But lets face it, it affects our lives in some little way or another.

Anyway, I continue to agree with people like Linnie1222 and SorceressMiklai.

Like I keep saying, I don't mind spending a little bit of money to help support KI, but, having to spend LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of it on a very epic super rare permanent spell that I can never have otherwise, just does not sit well with me.

Especially since Myth's Ninja Pig is incredibly powerful. Compare that to Minotaur. Especially since Life school naturally does NOT have a level 5 attack spell. Same principle applies to the Balance school.