Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do I get 2 pips every turn?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
I was wondering because I've been watching videos of legendary wizards and they get multiple pips every turn I was wondering how that happens.
Is there a level requirement or something?
I think it has something to do with the high rank spells.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
These are known as power pips.

Power pips are yellow pips that count as 2 pips instead of 1, do you can use those 7, 8, and 9 pip spells in less than 2 weeks!

How do you get power Pip chance?
At level 10, you start developing power pip chance until level 50. Then you will have a base power pip chance of 40%. People turn down up to 300 more health just for 8-13% more power pip chance, at least I do! *cough cough* star signet *cough cough* -Sorry, I am a little sick today. ^-^ Certain armor gives up to as much as 21% if I recall. I wont say something crazy like 28% cause I have not seen that. YET.

Wands
Also something you should know is at wands level 15+ (I think? Maybe 20+?) you get +1 pip at the start of the fight. At level 40 you get +1 POWER pip at the start of the fight! Pretty useful right? Just dont mistake this for +1 power pip chance.

Other schools
With any school other than your primary schoool you chose at the beginning of the game, you cannot use power pips UNLESS you have a mastery amulet. Mastery amulets are drops from the Waterworks, Tower of the helephant, I THINK some other difficult dungeon (dont take my word for it, use wizard101 central to verify that) and through paying crowns in the crowns shop.

Need a better explanation?
Dueling Diego has a quest that explains this special key element that is SO crucial. (especially for my 14 pip heckhounds!)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
StevenDragonFist3 wrote:
I was wondering because I've been watching videos of legendary wizards and they get multiple pips every turn I was wondering how that happens.

only first turn ya get a extra pip for that turn
there are wands out there that produce a pip or power pip on first turn
these wands are important and make sure to always have one equipped once your high enough lvl

if ya mean they always get a power pip first turn then its cause they have a high power pip chance

lowest FREE wand that gives a pip is the little wands from wysteria that are wands with a ruby on the end
ya can find some in the bazaar
lvl 20+ and there is one for every school of magic

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
StevenDragonFist3 wrote:

Only at the beginning of the match we start with 2 pips, mostly 2 power pips, and we mostly gain power pips counting as 2. We still get 1 per round normally.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Certain wands give an extra pip or a power pip in addition to the pip or power pip ordinarily given. They start appearing at level 35. If you're willing to play Crowns, you can get one that a wizard of any level can use (Ascendant Staff).

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
StevenDragonFist3 wrote:

If its at the start of the duel its their wand, at higher levels your wand or staff gives you a pip or power pip at the beginning of a duel. Or is you mean in the middle of a duel it might be one of those aura spells I've seen that allow you to gain a pip from all rank 4 and up incoming spells (this includes heal spells like the satyr)
I hope this helpped you
Anthony Lifeheart
Level 51 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Gaining pips at the start of a battle is determined by whatever wand you are using - level 25 is when you start to see this. And then at level 35 you get one power pip at the start of a battle as well as your usual pip which can be a normal pip or a power pip depending on your power pip chance.

I hope my knowledge is useful :)

Jasmine IceBringer
Grandmaster Sorceress (Finally!)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
StevenDragonFist3 wrote:

wands. most wands give you one extra pip at the begining of your turn past lvl 20 -( the Wysteria one)