Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter Being Changed

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Shatter is easily dispelled with a Myth dispel for 2 pips, if you're prepared for it in advance :)

Of course, as a PvP noob, this is just my Conjuress's humble opinion.

Qbb/Alexandria

shatter can be vaporize, the point is the vaporize card goes away until you reshuffle, the shtter goes back in deck ready for next round. making zaporize not a real choice.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
celia201 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Shatter is easily dispelled with a Myth dispel for 2 pips, if you're prepared for it in advance :)

Of course, as a PvP noob, this is just my Conjuress's humble opinion.

Qbb/Alexandria

finally some one using their brain!
its so simple it called dispells!
and if you ask me efreet is worse then shatter
also if they go first they shatter your shields and then since your second you can shield on the turn they shatter so this is simple
c'mon guys use you brain!

you need to think that out,

you vaporize, they cast shatter vaporize goes away untill reshuffle shatter goe sback in TC deck ready for next turn..... it does not matter if you had a 100 vaporize it still only takes one shatter tc...

so how does vaporize stop it? it just makes the match go longer. untill you run out of vaporize cards.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Enough nerfing schools, if you truly believe this spell will affect you dont pvp this is way too absurd

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
watsupdog111 wrote:
Enough nerfing schools, if you truly believe this spell will affect you dont pvp this is way too absurd

this does not Nerf Myth LOL! it returns what makes myth unique to them.
iy syop this spell from becoming more powerful in other schools hhands than it owns your point is silly.

no worriesd I canceled my membership.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
darthjt wrote:
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
darthjt wrote:
To those saying, if you cast vaporize and they cast shatter, their spell goes back in their deck and you lose your spell. Well, you lost 2 pips, they lost 3. Also, you can carry more than 1 vaporize in your deck. Actually, in all fairness, you can carry more vaporize if you train it and have tc versions. So, if you are that worried about shatter, do what you have to, to defend yourself from it.

Secondly, to those that say, the people that wanna use shatter, simply have a myth wand. Well, if that is the case, they are also losing out on critical block, take advantage of what you are given. So, you cast vaporize and they use a myth wand to get rid of the dispel, it happens, happens with life dispels, happens with most dispels, get used to it.

Changing shatter. Interesting Idea, but 2 shields for 2 pips is way too underpowered. 4 shields for 2 pips is almost adequate. 6 shields for 2 pips is about what it should equal out to. Like Joe said, 1 pip for 3 shields is not bad, if this is what we changed it to. However, if the spell was changed, would this seriously make a difference? or would it make it easier to use the spell. I think it would make it easier to use the spell, so why even make the change.

Also, for those worried about wands for vaporize, cloak the dispel. This game has so many options. With all the possible DoT's most schools have, the only ones truly affected or that might use Shatter, is Life, Storm, and Balance. Everyone else does not really need to use shatter. Where is Life, Storm, and Balance in the PvP standings? None of them are very high, are they? So, you mean to tell me, that with all the strong powerful spells and DoT attacks, you can't defeat someone because they used shatter on you?
First of all what kinda shield spammers are you facing that they actually have six shields on them! your supposed to constantly keep your opponents shields to a minimum in pvp not let them get SIX SHIELDS!

The problem with that shield ratio of 1 pip for every 3 shields is there would be no point in shielding if three turns worth of my work in shielding would be gone in one turn.

Cloaking is ridiculous first of all if i got a cloaked negative charm on me i would think its either a weakness a dispel or an infection. there are several ways to remove all of these. the easiest if you dont have time cleanse charm simple no pips and ready to kill next turn.

Yes, changing the spell does make it easier to use the spell thats what i was going for i just wanna make it less lethal.

One more time the part that i am worried for in shatter is that one simple strategy that EVERY school can use.

Did you know that Balance shields are 3 shields at 1 time? So that in 2 rounds, you can have 6 shield? Hence the use of shatter. Ever fight Cuthalla? Every time you blade or trap, he gains a shield. Still can't see the uses for shatter as it is?

As far as cloaking goes and cleanse charm, yes, you are correct, it will remove any negative charm on you, same as cleanse ward will remove any trap on you. How can you use one defense for one thing, but it is completely different for the subject you want?

This spell should not be easier for other schools, it removes all wards, which is why 3 pips is a fair amount. If you lower the pips and the amount of shields, you are making a good spell completely useless and why? because you can't or don't want to strategize properly. Sorry, but so far, everything you have said can be countered, just as my reasons can be countered. There is a counter to every spell, you either learn it and use it, or you get hit by the spell. Your choice, but nothing needs to be changed, except peoples strategies.
I am gonna keep it plain and simple like i said initially! how would you counter the blade and shatter strategy eh? there is no way unless you are just way too lucky in which case someone will shatter again.
Secondlydont talk about peoples game play being flawed not only is that just uncalled for but it is also completely wrong. I have been playing this game for three years, but yes i am somewhat new to pvp (if you concitter three months new) but i still made it too overlord and with 1/3 of my wins coming from second. So unless this game is just overall flawed my game play cant be half bad

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
watsupdog111 wrote:
i explained how this is not necessarily nerfing it still alows myth and those with myth amulets to use it a bit easier its just making things a bit more balanced.
btw i am myth and so are some other people who replied and me and some of them are cool with this idea

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
How many of you experienced pvp players have seen this? You go second in a match and you see the opponent blading up and you can already tell whats coming. the simple and ridiculous blade up shatter and one-hit kill strategy. this strategy does not require any judgement (not the spell) , adaptation or skill at all. and yet its guaranteed a kill from first. yes, it only works from first and it is just the problem of first that allows this to happen, but this problem can be solved without ranting about changing the battle system. My opinion is that shatter should be changed to 2 pips and should only take 2 shields. this is still not a bad change to the spell as now myth can use a single power pip too use it. It also allows pesky school shields such as glacial shield and such to be removed whole but yet can still be countered other than the current shatter. I wanna know who supports this change or likes the current shatter?

Shatter removes shields but not Weakness. Problem solved.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
darthjt wrote:
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
darthjt wrote:
To those saying, if you cast vaporize and they cast shatter, their spell goes back in their deck and you lose your spell. Well, you lost 2 pips, they lost 3. Also, you can carry more than 1 vaporize in your deck. Actually, in all fairness, you can carry more vaporize if you train it and have tc versions. So, if you are that worried about shatter, do what you have to, to defend yourself from it.

Secondly, to those that say, the people that wanna use shatter, simply have a myth wand. Well, if that is the case, they are also losing out on critical block, take advantage of what you are given. So, you cast vaporize and they use a myth wand to get rid of the dispel, it happens, happens with life dispels, happens with most dispels, get used to it.

Changing shatter. Interesting Idea, but 2 shields for 2 pips is way too underpowered. 4 shields for 2 pips is almost adequate. 6 shields for 2 pips is about what it should equal out to. Like Joe said, 1 pip for 3 shields is not bad, if this is what we changed it to. However, if the spell was changed, would this seriously make a difference? or would it make it easier to use the spell. I think it would make it easier to use the spell, so why even make the change.

Also, for those worried about wands for vaporize, cloak the dispel. This game has so many options. With all the possible DoT's most schools have, the only ones truly affected or that might use Shatter, is Life, Storm, and Balance. Everyone else does not really need to use shatter. Where is Life, Storm, and Balance in the PvP standings? None of them are very high, are they? So, you mean to tell me, that with all the strong powerful spells and DoT attacks, you can't defeat someone because they used shatter on you?
First of all what kinda shield spammers are you facing that they actually have six shields on them! your supposed to constantly keep your opponents shields to a minimum in pvp not let them get SIX SHIELDS!

The problem with that shield ratio of 1 pip for every 3 shields is there would be no point in shielding if three turns worth of my work in shielding would be gone in one turn.

Cloaking is ridiculous first of all if i got a cloaked negative charm on me i would think its either a weakness a dispel or an infection. there are several ways to remove all of these. the easiest if you dont have time cleanse charm simple no pips and ready to kill next turn.

Yes, changing the spell does make it easier to use the spell thats what i was going for i just wanna make it less lethal.

One more time the part that i am worried for in shatter is that one simple strategy that EVERY school can use.

Did you know that Balance shields are 3 shields at 1 time? So that in 2 rounds, you can have 6 shield? Hence the use of shatter. Ever fight Cuthalla? Every time you blade or trap, he gains a shield. Still can't see the uses for shatter as it is?

As far as cloaking goes and cleanse charm, yes, you are correct, it will remove any negative charm on you, same as cleanse ward will remove any trap on you. How can you use one defense for one thing, but it is completely different for the subject you want?

This spell should not be easier for other schools, it removes all wards, which is why 3 pips is a fair amount. If you lower the pips and the amount of shields, you are making a good spell completely useless and why? because you can't or don't want to strategize properly. Sorry, but so far, everything you have said can be countered, just as my reasons can be countered. There is a counter to every spell, you either learn it and use it, or you get hit by the spell. Your choice, but nothing needs to be changed, except peoples strategies.
I am gonna keep it plain and simple like i said initially! how would you counter the blade and shatter strategy eh? there is no way unless you are just way too lucky in which case someone will shatter again.
Secondlydont talk about peoples game play being flawed not only is that just uncalled for but it is also completely wrong. I have been playing this game for three years, but yes i am somewhat new to pvp (if you concitter three months new) but i still made it too overlord and with 1/3 of my wins coming from second. So unless this game is just overall flawed my game play cant be half bad

Liquidcarbonite, your right people are getting rude in the response, I think it is because they can not make their point and want to bully their view.

you are Myth and understand how this spell in effect makes other schools more powerfully than myth. that has neem my point this time.

I went over how vaporize is not a effective tool it the other wizards want to shatter, they aka myth wand carry a myth shield all at a 0 pip cost and allowing them to build more pips while you lose pips and cards doing shatter.
plus when you cast shatter and the fizzle their card goes back into deck, while you card is used and can not be used again until reshuffle.

I feel your pain as i feel it also, most of the wizards that want shatter are Balance as it allows them easy kills and they know it. talk about skill here wow, why do they play the game without and stop trying to get myth wizards to get back what makes myth special. myth does not have allot of options with blading and trapping, we count on double attacks, removing shields and wards. the other schools really on traps and blades or pure power.

Shatter is one of thsose spells that takes the nest of what a myth does and gives it to other schools at a big cost to a myth wizard.

I wish I could talk this out with KI so they could see the points.

this forum is not really working, since most wizards of other schools defend it because they want it, while us myth wizards want to changed. the easy way around everything in make it none TC.

this is a simple point to make what if every wzard could cast the best of every schools spells with more advanatage than the school it comes from?
schools like myth and life would not be played. in fact everyone would pick ice for high life, best defense, pick storm spells get full power boost and myth spells to remove shields. that seems to be the direction of the game here. that is not going to be much fun.

simple answer if you did not train in the spell you do not know how to cast it.
make training points worth something. make the base class ofthe wizard you pick more of a choice so you get spells only by having this base.

TC have in effect ruied skill in pvp. simple it took away why you made your wizard in the first place why you learned the spells. what it did was make it so people would pick the strongest base and tc up win. I'm sure KI can see this when they get report of what schools are winning most in PVP and what they are using.

I think shatter changing is just a start to what needs to be done, to bring back why you chose a school in wizards and why you pick a second and 3rd.

good luck to you.

you have stood your ground as a myth trying to protect what a myth is.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
darthjt wrote:
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
darthjt wrote:

How do you counter the blade and shatter strategy? Especially if you are myth? Earthquake and cleanse wards, there is also Vaporize. If they go first and use somehow get lucky enough to place too many traps on you, use dark pact, empower, or sacrifice.

I speak in facts, there are easy ways to defend against shatter, it is those willing to incorperate these ideas that know how to PvP properly, it is those that would rather complain to get things changed rather than improve their strategy that I have a problem with. What I have said is called for and not wrong, but a challenge.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
LiquidCarbonite wrote:
and people please just say if you like the idea or not and if not why. because most of the otehr stuff has been discussed
That is what most of us have been stating, has it not?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:
No, I don't like the idea and here is why.

Why don't we take all spells and make them school only?

No Satyr unless you are life, no Rebirth, no Unicorn, no Triage.

No Feint unless you are death, no Infection, no Plague, no Virtulent plague.

No Tower shield unless you are Ice, no Steal ward.

No Elemental and Spiritual blades unless you are balance, no Helping or Availing hands, no Weakness.

No Smoke Screen unless you are fire, no fire elf, no stun all.

No Cleanse charm unless you are storm, no disarm.

Every and all schools have spells that help them and also hinder them at the same time. You want a perfect example? Storm has Supercharge! A possible 14 pip blade, can be removed by a 1 pip disarm spell.

My point, to all of you whom are complaining about shatter, is not to change the spell, not to make it myth only, those are complaints for people that would rather complain than have a strategy, and a challenge, which I understand, most of you don't. Most want an easy win, no skill, no work involved.

most people want it changed so it will not be a easy kill.

people want stragety having a flawed shatter is not stragety, but a weakness in the spells here!
lets make a point, a vaporize spell will be used once then gone while shatter will fizzle and go back into deck how is vaporize a defense. this point is a fact all you are doing is slowing down your death one round or untill you run out of vaporize cards.

this is nightmare I'm just glad more wizards are not doing this in arena as you would see people quitting like crazy.

it is a big problem, you can not stop it until it is changed.

it is a spell that makes other schools more powerful than the school it comes from.

I have a question are you even myth?

My suggestion, as all things in this game, if there is an attack, or a spell, there is a counter to it. Everything in this game has an opposite. For weakness, there is cleanse charm, for Black Mantle, there are accuracy spells, for traps, there is cleanse ward, for shields, there is pierce or shatter. This should be no different, for shatter or earthquake, there should be a resistance or block to save your shields and blades.

Another thing I want to point out to all the people posting that say, this needs to be changed. There is a Myth spell, myth's have it for free, it can be bought at a certain library, or even trained. This spell is called Vaporize. I suggest, if you don't want to be shattered, especially by other schools, you put one of these spells on your opponent.

Enough said.

the problem with what you say here is simple if they are using a TC card shatter and you have a Vaporize card. you use it your vaporize card goes away while shatter goes back into your deck and can be used the next round this can keep going untill you run out of cards, that is a flawed point.
that fixes nothing but shows how bad this is at this point.
Even, so, if true, you lose a turn trying to cast shatter and you lose the pips also. I speak from experience.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Read my reply on the other board bashing shatter. Their are strategies against it, though its about what you are willing to do to stop it. I chose not to complain about it and rather change my strategy towards it and face it.

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Drake9998 wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:
No, I don't like the idea and here is why.

Why don't we take all spells and make them school only?

No Satyr unless you are life, no Rebirth, no Unicorn, no Triage.

No Feint unless you are death, no Infection, no Plague, no Virtulent plague.

No Tower shield unless you are Ice, no Steal ward.

No Elemental and Spiritual blades unless you are balance, no Helping or Availing hands, no Weakness.

No Smoke Screen unless you are fire, no fire elf, no stun all.

No Cleanse charm unless you are storm, no disarm.

Every and all schools have spells that help them and also hinder them at the same time. You want a perfect example? Storm has Supercharge! A possible 14 pip blade, can be removed by a 1 pip disarm spell.

My point, to all of you whom are complaining about shatter, is not to change the spell, not to make it myth only, those are complaints for people that would rather complain than have a strategy, and a challenge, which I understand, most of you don't. Most want an easy win, no skill, no work involved.

most people want it changed so it will not be a easy kill.

people want stragety having a flawed shatter is not stragety, but a weakness in the spells here!
lets make a point, a vaporize spell will be used once then gone while shatter will fizzle and go back into deck how is vaporize a defense. this point is a fact all you are doing is slowing down your death one round or untill you run out of vaporize cards.

this is nightmare I'm just glad more wizards are not doing this in arena as you would see people quitting like crazy.

it is a big problem, you can not stop it until it is changed.

it is a spell that makes other schools more powerful than the school it comes from.

I have a question are you even myth?

My suggestion, as all things in this game, if there is an attack, or a spell, there is a counter to it. Everything in this game has an opposite. For weakness, there is cleanse charm, for Black Mantle, there are accuracy spells, for traps, there is cleanse ward, for shields, there is pierce or shatter. This should be no different, for shatter or earthquake, there should be a resistance or block to save your shields and blades.

Another thing I want to point out to all the people posting that say, this needs to be changed. There is a Myth spell, myth's have it for free, it can be bought at a certain library, or even trained. This spell is called Vaporize. I suggest, if you don't want to be shattered, especially by other schools, you put one of these spells on your opponent.

Enough said.

the problem with what you say here is simple if they are using a TC card shatter and you have a Vaporize card. you use it your vaporize card goes away while shatter goes back into your deck and can be used the next round this can keep going untill you run out of cards, that is a flawed point.
that fixes nothing but shows how bad this is at this point.
Even, so, if true, you lose a turn trying to cast shatter and you lose the pips also. I speak from experience.

it does not matter both wizards lose a turn, that is the point only one stand better the next round. also I gave the worest case, it would be more effective for the other wizard to cast a 0 pip myth spell to get rid of vaporize, like myth wand and myth shields. so with that said it show how if someone understood how to use shatter it is unstoppabe.

no one has showen a method that can show anything else. they speak of what if's, I speak in a FINATE method. the ones that want shatter use it on their balance, ice and death, other wizards know of ways around shields. fire elf etc.....

it is time KI did this so that your spell choices meant something. after all why pick a lowlife wizard if you can use their spells with a stronger base?

TC in arena are just bad.