Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 8th pip

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
As we all know, at this point in the game you can only have a maximum of 7 pips in battle, or 14 if you get full power pips. What i'm suggesting is that we add an 8th pip, because as new worlds come out new higher ranked spells will to, right? I mean it's gonna be impossible to cast a 14 pip spell unless you have 100% power pip chance. And even for spells ranked 10, 11, 12 will anyone really waste so many rounds just to cast a spell that maybe won't even kill?
Your thoughts?

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Not true, I see people get 7 power pips all the time, and plenty of people have a 100% power pip chance. This unfortunately includes balance, with their feared X rank judgement. Increasing it's max to 1400 (1675 with enchantment) to 1600 (1875 with enchantment) this could be quite problematic. But the 8 max pip could benefit both sides. I could use woolly mammoth and snow angel in combination. which would be pretty nice for me. And since balance doesn't really have something too similar to effectively combo, it could still be considered fair. But then theirs storm and fire. Fire gets a monstrous 2195 heck hound including enchantment, and storm gets 1635 tempest. But then i could counter with a nice 2800 frozen armor, and life gets a 3200 dryad. So while it might have seemed that i disagreed at first, in my opinion, it's fair enough.

Ethan Frostblade, level 70 thaumaturge.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
RipShred wrote:
As we all know, at this point in the game you can only have a maximum of 7 pips in battle, or 14 if you get full power pips. What i'm suggesting is that we add an 8th pip, because as new worlds come out new higher ranked spells will to, right? I mean it's gonna be impossible to cast a 14 pip spell unless you have 100% power pip chance. And even for spells ranked 10, 11, 12 will anyone really waste so many rounds just to cast a spell that maybe won't even kill?
Your thoughts?

Turn 1. Shields
Turn 2. Shields
Turn 3. Take out shields
Turn 4. Blade
Turn 5. Blade
Turn 6. Trap
Turn 7. Trap
Turn 8. Cast Sprite or Fairy (depending if you have one or two regular pips at this point, then spend one or two turns shielding) or a 14 pip spell