Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

too many battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
KI should change how many times you have to battle an enemy before you collect 3 items. having to go into battle 7, 8, or 9 times with the same enemy to collect items is a little redundant. There is enough of having to defeat the same enemy so many times for recognition, having to do it to collect an item gets irritating after the 6 or 7 battle to collect one item and you still have 3 more to get. :-o

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
It can be frustrating, I know.

But think of it this way:
The reason we don't always get the quest items we need right off the bat could be one of two things;

Either the flash spells from our wands hit the monster too hard or one of the summoned creatures for the attack hit too hard. Something gets hit too hard, it breaks...right? :) And our quest givers certainly don't want busted items to be turned in.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
don't look at them as battles

they are like Labs

to practice your skills till you
really understand how they work.
then make them better

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
I kind of like that sort of quest. A good challenge is always fun.

I think our ideas of a "good challenge" diverge :D. I would prefer if the mobs were stronger and we only had to beat as many as there are items to collect. So basically something like: make the mobs way harder (give them a minor cheat maybe) and if there's 4 items to collects, we would only need to beat 4 of those super mobs.
I am with the OP in this one: those quests are incredibly annoying and frankly boring. If KI was to make my dream world, 90% of the quest line would involve fighting against bosses instead of mobs. Mob battles are just repetitive where as bosses offer a lot of variety and they really are fun to defeat.