Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm accuracy

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
This is not about pvp.

I think the storm school has been given to much accuracy. Storm has tons of damage now, and I think it is to much. I say keep the damage, lose the accuracy. By nature, storm is suppose to do high amounts of damage, but fizzle a fair amount of the time.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bravevline wrote:
This is not about pvp.

I think the storm school has been given to much accuracy. Storm has tons of damage now, and I think it is to much. I say keep the damage, lose the accuracy. By nature, storm is suppose to do high amounts of damage, but fizzle a fair amount of the time.

the accuracy boost is to help us not fizzle so we can do damage and not get that game breaking fizzle
yea damage boosts need to go up but dont drop accuracy and your just saying that ya want storm to get less accuracy boosts so we fizzle more

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Oh right, well ill say lose the resistance, huge amount of health and the High damage spells! And Then it will be FAIR, don't you think so?

This what really gets me mad about of this game, my school is constantly punish and others Schools become stronger and we simply don't get any improvements.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I honestly do think that this unbalances Storm a little bit. HOWEVER, the only way to attain 100% accuracy is through the Sidhe staff, which must be bought with crowns.

But I am not complaining at all.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
bravevline wrote:
This is not about pvp.

Storm only has this amount of accuracy at the higher levels. While I'm inclined to do away with high global accuracy boosts (I think global accuracy boosts on gear should be fairly low since it has rapid implications for secondary spell casting) for all schools, I'm ok with storm accuracy being fairly high due to storm having low health. At higher levels, one fizzled attack can be the difference between life and death for a storm. Besides, the precedent for storm having high gear accuracy boosts was set long before waterworks.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I believe Kingsisle changed Accuracy. For example, a spell that has 70% Accuracy, cast by someone with a 10% Accuracy boost, would simply have an increase of 10% of 70. So as a Storm with 22% Accuracy, I have 85% Accuracy, not 92%.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
There's only a few problems with this solution, 1. the accuracy to damage ratio is the higher the damage the lower the accuracy, and for the pip ratio to damage for storm, all the spells are fairly balance, lowering the accuracy would actually mean raising the attack power, 2. all the damage spell accuracy must be the same for all spells in that school, meaning they would have to go back and change all the spells to match the accuracy while at the same time raising the power, and finally 3. lowering the accuracy will cause doom for all storm wizards and if the power increase is true, it would cause doom for the other schools as well, only in pvp.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
We already have the lowest accuracy. What more do you want? Our spell cards get changed, our treasure cards (Insane bolt) get banned( PvP only), and our disarm still cost 1 pip. So I think fair is fair and anymore changes that goes against storm will be the end of me having a storm character ( One I've been playing since Sept of 2008 )

The mass Community that complains about storm and keeps saying we're overpowered needs to stop. We have high base damage. That's it. You'll get high base damage to when you get to a high level. And most of you will also get other school's nitches such as DOT or Double hits (Real spell card to copy not treasure card). We work so hard not to fizzle. We build around our weakness which causes us to struggle to gain much of anything else. Such as high resist we will not gain / High health we will not gain. So we build up on accuracy with our gear and we build up our damage% (PvE) Or we for (PVP) take everything off and gear out in our Piercing stats which means we thus then have nothing but high base damage and pierce ( If that's the route you took as a storm )

I think KingsIsle has done enough downgrading on us Diviners. We like good things to you know. We're use to getting odd things. Like Insane Bolt. Good card but it has the chance to kill us to. Wild bolt. It has the chance of doing high damage or low damage. (It normally does low to medium damage 60% of the time.) Our tempest does 80x per pip. Balance does 100x per pip (Judgement). Which you would expect being that balance takes from all schools so yes judgement should be stronger. Listen to the Storm community and see what they write. Most Diviners may not be happy with what we got from these past couple of updates, ( Me being one of them ) but taking anything else away from us such as lowering our Fizzle Rates would be taking away from what we've build upon since Lvl 1!

So please reconsider what you think about that. Thanks.

Transcended Diviner Jeffery LionCaller

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Now they want to take our accuracy? They took our damage, our spells and now the only thing we have left is our accuracy. I fizzle A LOT of times, even with the accuracy boost from lvl60 gear.

This is ridiculous and outrages, is everyone on the message board against Storm? Not once I seen anyone said something on Defense of our school.

If someone talks about Ice and how over rated and powerful they really have become, everyone seems to be okay with that...

We Storm wizards complain how badly we have suffer of loosing damage and gaining weaker attacks, but we are never hardly ever heard...

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I honestly do think that this unbalances Storm a little bit. HOWEVER, the only way to attain 100% accuracy is through the Sidhe staff, which must be bought with crowns.

But I am not complaining at all.

You could do it with waterworks gear and a pet before the sidhe staff was released. Just an FYI...

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
I believe Kingsisle changed Accuracy. For example, a spell that has 70% Accuracy, cast by someone with a 10% Accuracy boost, would simply have an increase of 10% of 70. So as a Storm with 22% Accuracy, I have 85% Accuracy, not 92%.

Accuracy is still calculated in an additive fashion vs. something like damage which uses multipliers. A +22% accuracy boost will cast a base 70% storm spell at 92% accuracy. If that is a global boost (vs. a storm accuracy boost) then yes, that does mean that the only spells you could ever fizzle would be ones below 80% base accuracy. It also means that at that level, a lightning strike spell would make the next storm spell you cast effectively fizzle proof.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
All of the Zafaria gear and equipment currently available, takes huge amounts of damage and accuracy away from storm.

Now, if you still count Waterworks gear, which almost everyone that is smart enough to know, this is still the best gear, the accuracy and damage is not bad. However, when you consider how much critical block and health storm has, it is quite fair.

Why do people keep wanting to nerf storm? Storm is probably the most difficult school to 1v1 PvP.

I understand this is not a PvP issue, according to you, but if you keep taking things from storm, how will storm ever survive anything?

You have to give and take, not keep taking.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
tigerswhiteblood wrote:
We already have the lowest accuracy. What more do you want? Our spell cards get changed, our treasure cards (Insane bolt) get banned( PvP only), and our disarm still cost 1 pip. So I think fair is fair and anymore changes that goes against storm will be the end of me having a storm character ( One I've been playing since Sept of 2008 )

The mass Community that complains about storm and keeps saying we're overpowered needs to stop. We have high base damage. That's it. You'll get high base damage to when you get to a high level. And most of you will also get other school's nitches such as DOT or Double hits (Real spell card to copy not treasure card). We work so hard not to fizzle. We build around our weakness which causes us to struggle to gain much of anything else. Such as high resist we will not gain / High health we will not gain. So we build up on accuracy with our gear and we build up our damage% (PvE) Or we for (PVP) take everything off and gear out in our Piercing stats which means we thus then have nothing but high base damage and pierce ( If that's the route you took as a storm )

I think KingsIsle has done enough downgrading on us Diviners. We like good things to you know. We're use to getting odd things. Like Insane Bolt. Good card but it has the chance to kill us to. Wild bolt. It has the chance of doing high damage or low damage. (It normally does low to medium damage 60% of the time.) Our tempest does 80x per pip. Balance does 100x per pip (Judgement). Which you would expect being that balance takes from all schools so yes judgement should be stronger. Listen to the Storm community and see what they write. Most Diviners may not be happy with what we got from these past couple of updates, ( Me being one of them ) but taking anything else away from us such as lowering our Fizzle Rates would be taking away from what we've build upon since Lvl 1!

I am against a decrease in accuracy for storm. But i really can't comprehend what storms mean when they say they keep getting nerfed lol. You are getting better just as much as other schools.

I my opinion, the accuracy boost storms got from the waterworks gear is enough to negate anything like a low resist or low health. Storms got as much as 22% accuracy from that gear. considering that accuracy was the main problem for storms, i think KI did a great job with enhancing the school there. this much accuracy meant that you get to keep your damage boost (which is still the highest in game) and you had more accuracy than life, ice, balance and death.

Concerning health, i don't think anyone got much a boost there. I only got a myth and death to level 70 so far and the only boost in health was the one i got from going 10 level up (meaning the 20 health points per level) plus a little bit from an amulet change. So why exactly do storm complain about health? it's been established since the beginning of the game that it was the drawback of the school.

I don't think judgement is stronger than tempest because it's supposed to be an emulation of all school. but rather it's stronger because its a 1 target spell while tempest hits all. I am sure you understand the ramifications tempest can have on all boss target right? if a storm were to hit with bare tempest (considering the base damage of storm) with no blades, and a balance (in the same condition) were to use judge, guess who would be more efficient? In my opinion, an Aoe spell is better than a single target spell any days even if it has lower damage.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
tigerswhiteblood wrote:

Not that I disagree with you, but you said you had a storm wizard in September of 2008... but you joined in December of 2008... *awkward*

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Zezick wrote:
tigerswhiteblood wrote:

Not that I disagree with you, but you said you had a storm wizard in September of 2008... but you joined in December of 2008... *awkward*

I actually joined a couple of months before the date mine says! How is that "Awkward"?

Ever think that it states the date of your first time to the message boards area or posting a message, because if it is actually declaring the first time you started the game, then as always, KI math is way off.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
nagashiki - With regards to your comment about health, your joking right? When was the last time you fought an level 70 ice wiz? The last two I saw, one had over 4600 health. That's about a 600-700 health boost they got from zf clothes. Try only having 2400-2700 health and beating one of these guys. Oh, and they have about 50 universal resist with the right pet.

Ashley

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
nagashiki wrote:
tigerswhiteblood wrote:

I am against a decrease in accuracy for storm. But i really can't comprehend what storms mean when they say they keep getting nerfed lol. You are getting better just as much as other schools.

I my opinion, the accuracy boost storms got from the waterworks gear is enough to negate anything like a low resist or low health. Storms got as much as 22% accuracy from that gear. considering that accuracy was the main problem for storms, i think KI did a great job with enhancing the school there. this much accuracy meant that you get to keep your damage boost (which is still the highest in game) and you had more accuracy than life, ice, balance and death.

Concerning health, i don't think anyone got much a boost there. I only got a myth and death to level 70 so far and the only boost in health was the one i got from going 10 level up (meaning the 20 health points per level) plus a little bit from an amulet change. So why exactly do storm complain about health? it's been established since the beginning of the game that it was the drawback of the school.

I don't think judgement is stronger than tempest because it's supposed to be an emulation of all school. but rather it's stronger because its a 1 target spell while tempest hits all. I am sure you understand the ramifications tempest can have on all boss target right? if a storm were to hit with bare tempest (considering the base damage of storm) with no blades, and a balance (in the same condition) were to use judge, guess who would be more efficient? In my opinion, an Aoe spell is better than a single target spell any days even if it has lower damage.

Considering Tempest is an HAO (Hit all Opponent) spell is what makes this card stronger then Judgment that much we can agree on :p I was talking about mere damage per pip. Now then as for the accuracy boost from WW gear negating the lack of Resist, Block & Critical stand points we can most def disagree upon that. All of the high level schools wizards have more block resist and critical rating.. now then just having a good critical rating with these schools means the death of us Storm wizards because of our low health and low block. You do a 7 pip spell card with critical then we'll be dead if not close to being dead if we don't have a ward in our defense. With high block when we Critical then most of the time The rest of the schools normally block which isn't much of a problem being that it does still do a little bit of damage but with such high resist it's kind of hard to stand a chance. We have to be extremely cautious on how we use our pips to stand any kind of chance in pvp :p Although it is what makes it fun.

On a different note.. I'm not going to complain about the resist anymore being that i am going to get my Diviner to 38% resist with a pet I been working on (defy / Profy). Hopefully it's other talent will have Storm damage or blade :p if so I will finally have my 85% damage rating I've been looing for.

The only thing I'm getting kind of tired of is hearing so much bashing on the Storm School. The Storm community is bringing up some valid points. Like the disarm spell( If you do not know about this then you can read it somewhere on this message board lol.) And secondly how we are so over powered. I don't expect us to have much health but we could at least achieve 3,000. That extra 500 health+ range would help out tremendously. It'll give us the chance to survive a big hit. The critical i'm not going to complain about being we have high base damage then the critical even though very useful isn't as important as the block. Block we most def need.

I think any school would be mad if some of their spells get changed or or banned. Or when you see every other school get something great and your left behind with a spell that was great but was changed. That and then you see all the bashings on your school such as this thread. So please excuse me for being quite upset over this matter.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
linnie1222 wrote:
nagashiki - With regards to your comment about health, your joking right? When was the last time you fought an level 70 ice wiz? The last two I saw, one had over 4600 health. That's about a 600-700 health boost they got from zf clothes. Try only having 2400-2700 health and beating one of these guys. Oh, and they have about 50 universal resist with the right pet.

Ashley

As you say, that's with the zf clothes. when i mentioned health, i was talking about the natural amount of health you get from leveling up. When i talk about stats i assume everyone is wearing the waterworks gear (It's the best gear in the game anyways why would you wear anything else?). so with that in mind, no one got much of a health boost. Of course if someone uses the zf gear it's a whole different story. But come to think of it, if someone got more health from the zf gear it means they also lost some stats elsewhere right?

Storms can get about 40% resist with the right pet. that's pretty good i think, although considering their health it can get stretchy.

But my bottom line is, every school has its strengths and weaknesses. if you want to compare the 2 schools you mentioned:
-storm has the lowest health and ice has the highest health
-storm has the highest damage boost and ice has the lowest (or second to lowest) damage boost
-storm has the lowest defense and ice has the highest one
-storm has the highest critical rating and ice has the lowest.
- and now, at high levels (still with the waterworks gear) storm has a highest accuracy than ice.

Honestly, what more do storms want???!

I am not an anti-storm or anything but I can hardly see what there is to complain about... Most of the people that choose storm knew about these aspects, why is it that they complain when they get to higher levels?
The balance in this game is the best i have seen in all the mmo i have played (and that's a lot).

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
nagashiki wrote:
linnie1222 wrote:

Ashley

As you say, that's with the zf clothes. when i mentioned health, i was talking about the natural amount of health you get from leveling up. When i talk about stats i assume everyone is wearing the waterworks gear (It's the best gear in the game anyways why would you wear anything else?). so with that in mind, no one got much of a health boost. Of course if someone uses the zf gear it's a whole different story. But come to think of it, if someone got more health from the zf gear it means they also lost some stats elsewhere right?

Storms can get about 40% resist with the right pet. that's pretty good i think, although considering their health it can get stretchy.

But my bottom line is, every school has its strengths and weaknesses. if you want to compare the 2 schools you mentioned:
-storm has the lowest health and ice has the highest health
-storm has the highest damage boost and ice has the lowest (or second to lowest) damage boost
-storm has the lowest defense and ice has the highest one
-storm has the highest critical rating and ice has the lowest.
- and now, at high levels (still with the waterworks gear) storm has a highest accuracy than ice.

Honestly, what more do storms want???!

I am not an anti-storm or anything but I can hardly see what there is to complain about... Most of the people that choose storm knew about these aspects, why is it that they complain when they get to higher levels?
The balance in this game is the best i have seen in all the mmo i have played (and that's a lot).

Even with WW Gear we don't have the highest Critical. Hence why some storms are mad. So try again. Also even if we do wear clothes with high critical, most schools have high block, resist and health so that high critical we can achieve is thus then pointless.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
nagashiki - You asked who would wear anything else? Only the Level 66 Ice robe from zf is good and most ice wizards I see have it. It has mega health while still giving good universal resist. The rest of the zf clothes are garbage compared to WW gear.

As for what is there to complain about, I think you lost site of what this post Originally about ... Taking aim from storm. Taking aim from us would make storm almost unbearable. Leveling up, I couldn't wait to get my WW gear with my pet so could quit dying cause of fizzing. And yes, with right pet like my burning pixie I have 40 resist.

Ashley

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Zezick wrote:

You can play the game well before your name is ever added to the forum list as "joined." Since many people play a few weeks or months as a free player. You aren't considered registered in the forums until you are a member. Even then, I don't believe the counter starts until you actually post your first post.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Zezick wrote:

You can play the game well before your name is ever added to the forum list as "joined." Since many people play a few weeks or months as a free player. You aren't considered registered in the forums until you are a member. Even then, I don't believe the counter starts until you actually post your first post.

How did the subject change from the Storm accuracy boost into a debate about when someone join the game? Please people stay on the main subject.