Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Aura bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Ok, so i recently started PVPing on my level 5 balance wizard and quite a few times 3 out of 4 pvp's people have been using critical auras (at level 5 -10) I've asked them why they use it and what the point in it is, they're response? "because it lets me critical". I believe the spell is supposed to give an additional 25% critical rating whilst in battle, this is not the case.. it's giving them some other bonus because they have 0 critical rating and yet they still critical.

Is this supposed to be happening or what?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
thefall3n wrote:
Ok, so i recently started PVPing on my level 5 balance wizard and quite a few times 3 out of 4 pvp's people have been using critical auras (at level 5 -10) I've asked them why they use it and what the point in it is, they're response? "because it lets me critical". I believe the spell is supposed to give an additional 25% critical rating whilst in battle, this is not the case.. it's giving them some other bonus because they have 0 critical rating and yet they still critical.

Is this supposed to be happening or what?

aura boosts in battle dont show up on your character stats screen

so they do have a chance of critical but it wont show up on there stats screen

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
its not a bug they only get a boost for a short period of time and it doesn't affect there stats permanently.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
it would seem that both of you missunderstood me.

Their critical rating before the match was 0 and after the match is 0, how would +25% of zero do anything? for an example, get on your calculator and press 0 divided by 4 (25%), its a mathematical error. an additional 25% of zero should still be zero.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
thefall3n wrote:
it would seem that both of you missunderstood me.

Their critical rating before the match was 0 and after the match is 0, how would +25% of zero do anything? for an example, get on your calculator and press 0 divided by 4 (25%), its a mathematical error. an additional 25% of zero should still be zero.

An aura is a temporary buff during the match, not before or after.

Before the duel = 0
During the duel = 25 critical points for 4 rounds
After the duel = 0

You are looking at critical rating for gear. However, you are not taking into account the rating from spells that are only granted during the match. The critical system is based upon ratings, not percentages (like traps and blades). While you can hover over the gear icon and see a percentage, that is based on the rating of the gear, not spells.

....someone divided by zero. :(

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Ah, yes Kingurz. that is true, but if that were the case.. the spell would simply say "+25 critical rating". but it clearly says that the spell gives and additional 25%.

if the spell were to Give a 25% bonus, that would mean it would give them roughly 125+ critical rating ( or something close to that) and i don't think KI would have done that, it seems a little over the top.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
thefall3n wrote:
Ah, yes Kingurz. that is true, but if that were the case.. the spell would simply say "+25 critical rating". but it clearly says that the spell gives and additional 25%.

if the spell were to Give a 25% bonus, that would mean it would give them roughly 125+ critical rating ( or something close to that) and i don't think KI would have done that, it seems a little over the top.

That is how is works. It Gives +25% Critical rating. So if their critical rating was 0, it would go to 25%. If they are at 38% (Somehow... Thats 190 if I calculated right (Its 5 crit rating = 1% right?)), then it will go to 63%. Just letting you know, they did understand what you said, and maybe what they implyed you infered incorrectly. Just my guess.

See ya when I use vengeance! >:)

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
thefall3n wrote:

Depending on what your critical rating that is, besides ki did do that of course that's why storm legends and transcended's use them a lot, if you think a 25% bonus critical is a lot you should see storm's critical rating without it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, oddly enough, you are both right and both wrong.

Vengeance adds 20% or 25% tc version.

20% to Legendary and below is about 110 critical points
25% to Legendary and below is about 125 critical points

Based out of 550

Now, when you get to transcended, the base is increased to 600.

So, if you are adding 125 or 25% in this case, 125 + 0 = 125

I understand your dilemna, if you were indeed multiplying or dividing, you would in fact, still have 0. But this is obviously not the case.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
They put 25% critical rating chance because if you noticed the stats you see under critical is not a percentage. The 25% is additional and has nothing to do with your stats and does not affect it in anyway. So having 0 critical rating = 0% chance of critical and with vengeance it would be 25% .

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
OKAY! woo thanks everyone. i'm a bit hard headed but i didnt realize that Kingsisle would be willing to give a 1 in 4 chance of hitting a critical to Anyone.. Bit strange. But anywho, thanks for explaining things everyone :)

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
thefall3n wrote:

That is how is works. It Gives +25% Critical rating. So if their critical rating was 0, it would go to 25%. If they are at 38% (Somehow... Thats 190 if I calculated right (Its 5 crit rating = 1% right?)), then it will go to 63%. Just letting you know, they did understand what you said, and maybe what they implyed you infered incorrectly. Just my guess.

See ya when I use vengeance! >:)
no it is 4=1% because i had 12 rating it said 3% and 12 devided by 3 is 4, get your facts right!