Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

build-your-own? & steampunk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
robots? pets? undead?

Originally it was a desire for my character, as I bought one of the houses specifically for crafting tables & have decorated it akin to a workshop. This got me thinking about how neat it would be to actually be able to build my own little robots or whatever, but to what purpose? what end? I couldn't see any justification in that 'just because' ..

Storm school, school of inventors. Well, what all can they Invent in the game aside from crafting items & treasure cards? It would bring the depth of this school to a new level.. this got me thinking further and I realized the newest death spell has an animate-dead involved - Frankensteinmonster - so it could also be applicable to death school as well.. then I met velma pepper (wysteria professor) and her awesome steampunk ways. It surely makes sense to me that a sorcerer might be inclined to such a thing as well, given their propensity to have their fingers in a little bit of everything.. geez, even Myth's school prolific use of minions could benefit from this.

So. I suggest a build-your-own...pet? minion? neat toy? for death, storm, myth and balance schools... I'm sure the other schools could be involved, but I'm not inclined to think that deeply. :-P

I also suggest more steampunk-themed gear, because steampunk is just beautiful to look at, and I've always had a thing for goblin tinkers.... because goblins + technology is just awesome...

honestly though, I would even spend crowns to have access to something like that and I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in that sentiment.

----random on-topic brainstorm, in no particular order----

you could craft unique treasure cards with certain aspects of other cards, pip-based.. five pip treasure card gets you five pip worth of aspects to play with, after you've either reached a certain level in crafting, or after a quest to get the specific table to do such a thing..

training points could be used to "buy" levels in this particular branch of crafting/pet raising.. ..mechanics? magi-technology, magitech for short?

Create-your-own-pet imbue; load up your pet, as you would with a deck, only with treasure cards.. you could have multiple mecha-pets, each with their own treasure cards, to equip.

It sort of reminds me of a cross between crafting and the pet pavillion, so perhaps you could craft a mecha-pet with only a certain amount of spells, predetermined by the "parts" you either make, duel for, find in specific areas or buy with crowns (for those extra sweet parts, like laser-beam eye attachments inherent accuracy boost, that. )... waterworks & golem tower comes to mind. I don't think this would detract from either crafting Or the pet pavillion/pet leveling because some people have absolutely no interest in this sort of strategy-play..

would allow for use of decorative buildings, an increase in optional quests - provided you have the prerequisite level in magitech to even go on those quests.. add a new level of depth to PvP as well..

could brew your own elixers and such, instead of having to go to the fairground to get refills, or buy them from the crownshop..

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Though this is a cool idea, I have not seen anything that has to have been implemented with the Fire, Life, and Ice schools. Think a little harder about this "Create your own _____" idea, it could go places, not necessarily meaning it would.

~Valkoor Soulblade, Level 67 Pyromancer
(Must get that Rain of Fire...)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I agree this idea has good structure. However, I think that steampunk over cyborg type attatchments would do better. Maybe a gear mechanism that dispenses chocolate milk for our houses? Sort of a drop down list of functions possible from the parts you choose.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Okay i see it. but i also see the other schools needing something like this. and this could be like a potion that you have and it is a housing item until you drink it. when you drink it you have a polymorph based on your school.

Love the idea and good luck with it!