Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impossible to get a raven?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
I have spent like 130,000 crowns on raven hoards pack and i never got a raven. I hardly got the whole outfit I cant be wasting my money like this. I got to fill 3 pages of pets and so many treasure cards but no mount. This is a lot of money! All I want is a raven :(

Administrator
We're sorry you're disappointed. It's a random chance. Some of the super cool items are very, very rare.

Please be aware, with ALL random chances (not just in this game), the odds of winning reset with EACH attempt (so, if you have 1:100 chance of getting X, each time you roll, your odds are 1:100 - that does NOT mean if you buy 100 packs, you'll get 1).

Although in game purchases are not eligible for a refund, please note the value of the items you DID get far exceeded the Crowns you spent.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
I guess some people are just unlucky, i got the Raven mount and the Blood raven mount in 5 tries. Btw, i'm not trying to gloat.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
If you don't like the chances,then don't spend your money. I have spent more crowns than you,and have 3 ravens. <single riders> I will continue to spend crowns until <if> I get the 2 passenger one. Spend your crowns on one of the nice other mounts to guarantee you get a flying mount.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
helv wrote:
I have spent like 130,000 crowns on raven hoards pack and i never got a raven. I hardly got the whole outfit I cant be wasting my money like this. I got to fill 3 pages of pets and so many treasure cards but no mount. This is a lot of money! All I want is a raven :(

You just made KI day with this post.

These packs have you in mind when they put them out - people who will spend any amount of money they can get their hands on for an item there is a slim chance of obtaining.

Accept for stitch for crowns, if it can not be purchased with gold it isn't something I really need to play the game.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
helv wrote:

As Professor Greyrose pointed out, it is chance. That's what makes the ravens so special and rare.

However, if you really want the bird look for a mount, you can purchase the Walmart gift card for the Hawk mount. See below:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/hawk-bundle

Or if you are referring to the Blood Raven and just want a two person mount, you can buy the Super Bundle at Gamestop for the Great Hornocerous (not a bird mount, but rather a rhino):

https://www.wizard101.com/game/super-bundle

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We're sorry you're disappointed. It's a random chance. Some of the super cool items are very, very rare.

Please be aware, with ALL random chances (not just in this game), the odds of winning reset with EACH attempt (so, if you have 1:100 chance of getting X, each time you roll, your odds are 1:100 - that does NOT mean if you buy 100 packs, you'll get 1).

Although in game purchases are not eligible for a refund, please note the value of the items you DID get far exceeded the Crowns you spent.

Yes i see what you mean but can you make the chances a little higher? I mean, im glad i got to spend money on crowns but if this is how im gonna spend my time getting packs i dont like it

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Its all chance with like 7 packs I got a nice wand some gear and the raven mount.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
helv wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Yes i see what you mean but can you make the chances a little higher? I mean, im glad i got to spend money on crowns but if this is how im gonna spend my time getting packs i dont like it

There is nothing wrong with the odds. It's a choice we make. I have gotten tons of pets and interesting stuff from all the packs. I do have a raven mount. I also have a Kirin mount and a couple of Foo Dogs. It's a matter of chance; if you don't want to take the chance, then simply don't buy the packs.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Seriously, another of these posts about pack chances and rewards; it's called gambling you throw your lot by paying crowns and get what you get. Some hit big, some hit low, if you don't like it then don't do it. Whining after the fact is pointless.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
A very slim chance is correct.

90,000 crowns. No Blood Raven. But I refused to give up .... and I got it.

Good thing about chances, as crappy as your luck has been, just a matter of time before you hit the good luck.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2012
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
helv wrote:
I have spent like 130,000 crowns on raven hoards pack and i never got a raven. I cant be wasting my money like this. :(

You can't be wasting money like this and yet you did. I know the disappointment - my grandson used to experience this when he played and I gave him crowns to waste/spend and he did not get the one item he was begging for, what a let down, I am actually glad he has moved on to another game that doesn't have this extra chance for items offers.

These packs are made for people with little self control and you just helped make it the reason why there should be another one.

It's been my experience with the game that if you are only interested in the flashy fringes you really aren't serious about "the game" or if you have gotten to this during the game you are becoming bored with it and will be quitting soon anyway - believe me no one out in the playing areas is going to see what you are riding around on, past Marleybone you are pretty much a solo wizard in most all questing areas. I am currently riding a broom, it gets me from point A to point B just as fast as any other mount and I have never had another wizard come up to me and say "Geez you're riding a broom and not a bird what is wrong with you".

On the other hand if you insist on keeping up with the Jones, open your or your parents wallet a little wider, spending enough will eventually net you that brass ring you are trying to grab.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
yea i know its odds but quite annoying odds i want a mount but i get so many pets that i dont need i even got a dark crow which i thought you could only get from arena tickets :? pretty cool though :) can i suggest evening the odds a bit KI thanks

Explorer
May 10, 2009
helv wrote:

It's not impossible to get. I had only enough crowns for two tries at it, and I got it on my second try. I was EXTREMELY lucky to get it. You spent a LOT of crowns on it, and you should deserve it for that. I feel very bad for you. :-( If you ever try again, I certainly hope you get it. Good luck! :D

See you in the Spiral,

Richard Ghostrider Level 70 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Yes, Ghostrider said it:
"You spent a lot of crowns on it, you should deserve it for that."

That's right. Listen up, KI. Are your coders really so weak that they can't program the logic to give someone who spends 130,000 crowns all the items in the stupid pack? Give me a break. Do you really need to milk players in this way? Really? Really??? Is it worth losing even one player who decides that buying 500 lore packs and still not getting a certain item stinks? I guess it is--but I think that's short-sighted (among other things).

Insert standard Greyrose post about "chance" of winning here.,,