Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to defeat Chester Droors?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
I need help. The Chester Droors Boss battle is WAY out of hand. He always heals himself, and it always ends up that after an attack like Skeletal Pirate, he'll heal himself and then get full HP in like 2 rounds! I need a lot of help!
I am a Fire Wizard so PLEASE help me with a strategy!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
TNT743 wrote:
I need help. The Chester Droors Boss battle is WAY out of hand. He always heals himself, and it always ends up that after an attack like Skeletal Pirate, he'll heal himself and then get full HP in like 2 rounds! I need a lot of help!

Do what he asks you to do to him - put on the traps, load you deck so you can get them to come up often, if you use one put another one on. When he has a trap on he does not heal. I have faced him quite a few times now and we tend to try to kill him off first.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Survivor
Nov 14, 2011
If you are a pyromancer like me, or anything else and have powerful fire spells, you should use Wyldfire. I beat Chester Droors, and (I forgot his name) the Pigswick guy in the tournament. Hope it helps!
- Nicole Hexheart

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Use some treasure cards, and boost it up with Fireblade, Firetrap etc. See if that works.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Man that boss battle took me like 2 hours to finish, lucky i have someone teleport to me !

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
TNT743 wrote:

Just pack a whole bunch of death treasure cards.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2011
I've found that since it's 3 against 1, and you're a Pyromancer, just use all enemy spells such as Meteor Strike 2 or 3 times to get rid of the others. If you can get a hold of Life Shields, they also come in handy. As for Chester Droors healing himself, how about you load yourself with blades and traps so you can beat him in one spell? :D
Or you can get a friend to port to you during the battle!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
TNT743 wrote:

I can help you:
1) finish him at one go(use all the blades and traps and attack him from any spell)
2) call any good friend to help you like me, i called an ice transcended to help me :P

-> Sarah, Magus Necromancer

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I can help you if you are still stuck, just get a transcended (any school) wizard to help you. Perhaps pack some blade/trap treasures. See you in the Spiral, Jasmine Fireblade.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
use a combo move with blades and traps. I am a death guy and I killed him in 1 move with a death combo. He didn't get a chance 2 cheat 8)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I would go in with another wizard. Then, keep trapping him up and, at the end, use your strongest spell and hope all the traps stack up. Hope this helps!

Level 41 Storm Wizard

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
That is easy, all you have to do is meet a strong wizard and invite him.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Wow. This was insanely easy for me. (Maybe it's because I was a level 42? .) I trapped him first :S then bladed, then Wraithed. I did that with the other two too.

Destiny Deathblood lvl 44 Death

Destiny Iceblood lvl 7 Ice

Destiny Fireblood lvl 3 Fire

Destiny Stormblood lvl 3 Storm

"Be happy with what you have instead of struggling for more"

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
It's actually really easy to defeat Chester Droors set up traps and blades and use your strongest attack against him.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
Chester Droors is a cheating boss, he will fully heal himself if he does not have a trap on himself by the third round.
when he says homework: traps
he means that you need to trap him or else something bad will happen ( full heal)

With that trap on, hit him with a powerful spell to one hit KO then finish his friends.

hope that helps!

Timothy Strong Coin

level 42 pyromancer

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
TNT743 wrote:
i know how to defeat him. first use traps and blades, then use your lvl 33 or lvl 42 spell o him. you pretty uch have to kill him in one hit.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I agree with those above that recommended using spells that hit all enemies. I am balance so I put an elemental trap on him, and then repeated sandstorm several times and that worked. If you are fire, then you have meteor strike. Get some kind of spirit trap as a treasure card and play that first. The set up meteor strike and run it several times. It will not set off your trap so you can set it and forget it. You will need a shield(s) for life. They also can pull storm shark and Firebird(?) (Sunbird (?)–a three pip Fire spell–so do not get caught unprepared for that.

PS The spells I saw most often were Leprechaun and Wrath of Nature.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
as a necromancer, i managed to end up with 50 lives after defeating Droors. on the last turn, he had 5 pip and passed. i can't believe it but this is actually normal for me

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
TNT743 wrote:

I can see on how you need help. It's really not that hard. I am a lvl28 ice wizard and I defeated him first time. All you have to do is have two or three friends port to you. They'll help you and trust me, make it a LOT easier. Tell me if this helped!

Hope this helped,
Alyssa SparkleGlen lvl28 Ice

Ice Ice Baby!

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
TNT743 wrote:

I'm right there with you. The really hard part is battling him solo, especially if you're not at a high level or packing some nice treasure cards.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I just defeated the Chester Droors Boss Battle yesterday. (I was a level 27 Balance Wizard, and I was by myself) It took me a while to actually win the battle, but I thought of some things that helped defeat him;
1. Go for Chester Droors first. Sometimes in other Boss Battles I go for all opponents other than the boss, but this seemed to help get rid of him quickly.
2. The first move you should do is a trap. Like he says in the beginning, "Today's lesson; traps!" traps will prevent him from healing. All of the times I had battled him, placing a trap on him at all times keeps him from healing.
3. I like to load up on traps, getting rid of him in one hit. Placing traps him, and having some blades on you, you can usually kill him in one, maybe two hits, depending on how strong of a spell you use.
4.Be positive! All of the times I went into the battle saying/thinking," I'm not going to win," I got defeated. But, the time I was positive, and didn't let myself think that, I won! :D
Sorry it's so long! Hope it helps! :)

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Since it's REALLY hard to fight him without letting him heal, I didn't bother. I tried the trap thing, but you can bash him with 0 pip spells, without talking much away, and focusing on not letting him heal. If you can get to be steadily at anything beside max health, good for you. You can bash him so much he can't heal enough, or you can bash him slowly and carefully, controlling his healing. Do which ever you think will be easier. Good Luck!

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
thesims3fan123 on Apr 14, 2012 wrote:
He should be named Cheater Doors! LOL
Have you noticed that when you say his name it sounds like Chest of draws?