Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dodge

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I thought of this idea called "dodge". It won't work like how others may have posted (if they did). This is how it works:
Someone uses a Medusa on you, and you dodge. You will only take 75% of the hit. It's kind of like an automatic weakness. And each school will get a higher/lower dodge chance. Here's what I think it should be like:
Storm: 37%
Fire: 28%
Ice: 12%
Balance: 18%
Life: 15%
Death: 16%
Myth: 31%
This will happen at level 70+ just saying, and the future gear will give more dodge chance for this.

If you're wondering why I ordered the percents like this, I'll tell you. I organized each school's health, resist, and damage. Why Storm on the top? Well, they lack of health and resist, and most definitely shields.

Now, you'll have a choice to stay with the waterworks gear, or get the new dodge gear. This will most likely even out both gear, so the wizard will choose how they like their stats. Now, in my opinion, the gear that gives dodge chance will mostly be on the defensive side for the Spirituals, but on the offensive for the Elementals (Ice and Myth have their exceptions here).

I'll continue to write more later on, because I have some things to attend to. Feel free to post your opinion/write even better ideas for the "dodge", because I know that I can't make a good idea on my own!

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I think the dodge rating should be similar to how the school is supposed to be eg storm has the lowest one because they have high attacks and ice would have the highest dodge rating. That way the schools stay relatively the same way as they were meant to be.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
twinkz wrote:
I think the dodge rating should be similar to how the school is supposed to be eg storm has the lowest one because they have high attacks and ice would have the highest dodge rating. That way the schools stay relatively the same way as they were meant to be.

If Ice got the most, they would be unbeatable. Storm got the most because of their low health and how a level 68 spell can 1 hit K.O them easily, and Ice got the lowest do to their defence.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
How is this different from piercing?

It's really simple. Dodge only makes the wizard take 75% of the attack. Armor Piercing depends on your Armor Pierce percentage. There is a chance of dodging, like there is a chance with fizzle.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
I was thinking about this, like a critical block with no critical, but i was wondering if armorial piercing should work against it. and ice has the most shieldind and health and defense because they are the shield school, like life is the healing school. Not giving it the most would be like having a chance to make dots put all damage in one shot to myth instead of fire. It doesn't work, you are taking away what the school is known for. storm's style is to hit fast and hard with their high damage. If you don't like it, don't be storm.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
magicintheair wrote:
I was thinking about this, like a critical block with no critical, but i was wondering if armorial piercing should work against it. and ice has the most shieldind and health and defense because they are the shield school, like life is the healing school. Not giving it the most would be like having a chance to make dots put all damage in one shot to myth instead of fire. It doesn't work, you are taking away what the school is known for. storm's style is to hit fast and hard with their high damage. If you don't like it, don't be storm.

I'm not Storm, I'm Balance (for the millionth and first time)