Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Health gift... Again?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
On my tenth attempt to make a perfect ice hound the reoccurring health gift is feeling less and less like a gift as it has spawned in all of my ten successful hounds.

I am hatching with a perfect sea dragon using the right method. I've used more gold than physically available in Fort Knox. 10 hounds and 7 sea dragons later this "gift" just won't go away....

Has anyone else had this problem in breeding a perfect ice hound? Has anyone had a talent that would not breed out, if so enlighten me with your story. Should I just give up or keep wasting my time and money on this.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
travisAk wrote:
On my tenth attempt to make a perfect ice hound the reoccurring health gift is feeling less and less like a gift as it has spawned in all of my ten successful hounds.

I am hatching with a perfect sea dragon using the right method. I've used more gold than physically available in Fort Knox. 10 hounds and 7 sea dragons later this "gift" just won't go away....

Has anyone else had this problem in breeding a perfect ice hound? Has anyone had a talent that would not breed out, if so enlighten me with your story. Should I just give up or keep wasting my time and money on this.

you might be cursed idk how to fix it sry

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh wow, well.

First of all, I guess the main thing you need to figure out is, which pet is passing the Health gift talent Dominantly? Is it the sea dragon? or is it the Ice hound?

How do you find this out? Hatch that pet with a different pet and see if it manifests. If the hound passes it when hatched with something else, then hatch your sea dragon with another good ice hound.

If your sea dragon passes it, then Hatch your ice hound with either a different sea dragon, another good ice hound, or a pet with the talents you want.

When dealing with a dominant talent, it is very difficult to get that talent out of the trait line. It can happen, don't get me wrong, but then you may be hatching 99 out of 100 times to get it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yeah, I keep getting stuck with Myth accuracy. i don't need anymore accuracy I already have 19%

Although I must say, the most useless gift is not health gift, it's mana gift. I'll take health gift over mana gift any day!!

Three attempts, I got spritely, pain giver and spell proof, not on one frog though, but spread out between them. I just cant get them all on the frog T__T. Still trying. Yeah, myth accuracy tends to get in the way. That and now mana gift is popping up.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Oh wow, well.

First of all, I guess the main thing you need to figure out is, which pet is passing the Health gift talent Dominantly? Is it the sea dragon? or is it the Ice hound?

How do you find this out? Hatch that pet with a different pet and see if it manifests. If the hound passes it when hatched with something else, then hatch your sea dragon with another good ice hound.

If your sea dragon passes it, then Hatch your ice hound with either a different sea dragon, another good ice hound, or a pet with the talents you want.

When dealing with a dominant talent, it is very difficult to get that talent out of the trait line. It can happen, don't get me wrong, but then you may be hatching 99 out of 100 times to get it.
Thx man, some sound advice. You must have a few collecting dust no? ;)

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
if you want it out you just have to keep trying.

its the same way when your trying to get an ability.
me and an ingame friend have hatched our 2 pets every day for the last 3 weeks trying to both get the abilities we wanted from both of our pets to combine. he finally got them both 3 days ago and i got them both last night.
it cost us @ 40k gold each day in hatching alone, plus the cost of snacks to get out pets up there each day.

time, patience, and dedication.

once you get it, it will all be worth it

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Oh wow, well.

Thx man, some sound advice. You must have a few collecting dust no? ;)

LOL a few is an understatement. I have a plethora of the same pet. However, when you find one with a dominant spritely talent and one with a dominant spell proof talent, if the stats are good, you have a wonderful start.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Well since health gift is available to both the sea dragon and the hound I am not surprised I think you should mate with the original sea dragon seeing as mating with other late generations only seem to increase the chance of getting an unwanted talent. (P.S I've had this problem before but not as bad ).

Defender
May 29, 2011
I had this problem with may cast storm trap. Best thing to do is to leave the pet for a while and hatch with stuff that dont have health gift at all
then come back to it and see.