Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People with way too powerful spells!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
I was doing 1v1 and a level 28 killed me with 1 hit!

-Jordan Jadecaster Magus Diviner level 32

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
aaronzone007 wrote:

Ok, wow, not much here. You didn't tell us schools, spell used, reason you think it is overpowered, what strategy you used that rendered the attack possible, etc. I would guess it was either Storm or Balance, right? Try changing tactics and going for defense over first few rounds. Then while the enemy is clearing shields, break through their defenses and attack.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Well next time shield. If it was treasures, you can only hope it isn't powerful, just shield and shield.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
May I ask how did he kill you? Because there could be a few flaws in your strategy causing that.

Since you are storm, you very easily are gonna go down in one shot if you don't shield. You also have the option of using Treasure cards to ensure you get what you need when you need it. Now if this is Ranked PvP, you may want to put it off a bit since a lot of adepts and maguses have strategies that are hard to counter unless you use a similar strategy.

Now, if i were you, I would gain a level so that i could pick up darkwind, since it's fairly useful against those other adepts and maguses you face. I also would considering training Tower shield and weakness, as those are nice to use in PvP as well. From there, you could practice your strategy to solidify it's usefulness, THEN return to Ranked to go for warlord again.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Tell us more about it. We won't know what you're talking about if you just say that. What spell did they use?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Most double bladed five pip or higher attack, with monstrous added, could kill a level 28 wizard. I know my double bladed monstrous frostbite can kill a wizard with low resist (I'm level 34).

My advice: Play play play till you reach commander, and then get your arena gear. "Resist, resist, resist" is a good mantra for PvP.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
There was a lot left out of your post, but the card you MIGHT have encountered could've been the Tamauji Treasure Card, from the Kirin's hoard pack. In a previous post by whose name I've forgotten, he states that the treasure card will hit again and again and again. When i tried it out, it hits four or five times for 6 pips with damage intervals at +15 from the base of 625 (I think), scoring around 24k-30k of damage altogether, assuming the defender has no resist to ice and the attacker has no ice attack boost. Now this is an example of an overpowered spell, which, thankfully is being fixed tonight.

Cya all in the Spiral!

Alex
Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
aaronzone007 wrote:

Wow, I am amazed....

You know, I can do 1 million damage with an Ice beetle. No exaggeration, I really can... Does that mean level 1 spells are too powerful?

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
Sounds like you either went in with low health or they used a treasure card on you... or your strategy needs improvement. They could've used a bunch of shields on you and themselves to improve the spell, and then just use a very powerful spell. It's possible.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I usually one-shot everybody (and everything) with Gnomes! so that they have 0% chance of any healing :-)

Luke Likesword / Life / Warlord

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
aaronzone007 wrote:

Wow, I am amazed....

You know, I can do 1 million damage with an Ice beetle. No exaggeration, I really can... Does that mean level 1 spells are too powerful?
On a serious note, I do think storm snake is entirely OP and motion to either remove it from ranked or have the max damage reduced to 135...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Lucario450 wrote:
I usually one-shot everybody (and everything) with Gnomes! so that they have 0% chance of any healing :)

Luke Likesword / Life / Warlord
Gnomes isn't available to Adept wizards, so this is sort of off-topic. His post said the Wizard was Level 28. I am guessing it was a Judgement cast by a Sorcerer.