Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sirens Bug - when will it be fixed?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Seriously - it still displays a -1% accuracy when it hits the target and there is still no clear explanation as to what the last yellow skull symbol on the card means.

If it is a taunt then it's not triggering and it should.

Please KI - lets get those fixes done ASAP!

Historian
May 01, 2010
AmericanHappy wrote:
Seriously - it still displays a -1% accuracy when it hits the target and there is still no clear explanation as to what the last yellow skull symbol on the card means.

Accuracy charm is just a glitch with the looks, and the scull symbol I am pretty sure is the new AoE symbol, if its a gobbler skull (check the interface page of the ingame players guide).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AmericanHappy wrote:

Send a report to support ... you'll get a quicker and more effective response.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:

Accuracy charm is just a glitch with the looks, and the scull symbol I am pretty sure is the new AoE symbol, if its a gobbler skull (check the interface page of the ingame players guide).

Thanks for the response but I don't think that is what the yellow symbol means at all.

If you take a closer look at the card, you'll see that it says:

xxx fist (damage).
Remove 2 charms (not currently working).
- 50% accuracy.
Reduce "yellow symbol" on all (this is what I don't understand).

There is not a single person - player or otherwise - who has been able to correctly state in any definitive terms what that symbol means. And how can it mean AoE anyway? If you look carefully, it says REDUCE.

This can't mean reduce area effect on all, can it?

Again - thanks for taking the time to respond but I don't think we quite have the answer that we think we do just yet.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:

Thanks RavenLady777 - I did file it a few weeks ago and got a response that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I guess my main reason for posting here is my hope that Prof. Lydia will drop by and put me out of my misery by explaining what that yellow symbol means.

I see it stare up at me from my deck - taunting me with it's non-meaning and ambiguity. At this stage - I would gladly spend real money to know the answer! :)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:

The spell reduces threat (skull) with that afteraffect. It means the enemy is less likely to attack the one who cast it. I don't know if two people cast it the same round, would the enemy just pass? XD.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
AmericanHappy wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:

Thanks RavenLady777 - I did file it a few weeks ago and got a response that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I guess my main reason for posting here is my hope that Prof. Lydia will drop by and put me out of my misery by explaining what that yellow symbol means.

I see it stare up at me from my deck - taunting me with it's non-meaning and ambiguity. At this stage - I would gladly spend real money to know the answer! :)

the last symbol the yellow skull i believe is a symbol for threat or something because it says reduce (symbol)
that sounds like reduce threat

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Yes - I had thought it might also indicate "reduce Threat" on all - but if so it doesn't work - try hitting in mirrior lake using Sirens and see what happens to you :)

ALSO - I used to say that reduce threat is what it meant until other players started pointing out that the symbol for reduce threat (or pacify) is a dove, and not the yellow skull (which is taunt).

OK - next guesses?

Professor Lydia - are you ready to come on in here and put this to rest by telling us what it means even if it might not currently be working as you intended?

Young Wizards with a thirst for knowledge are beeging for a response ;)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:
Yes - I had thought it might also indicate "reduce Threat" on all - but if so it doesn't work - try hitting in mirrior lake using Sirens and see what happens to you :)

ALSO - I used to say that reduce threat is what it meant until other players started pointing out that the symbol for reduce threat (or pacify) is a dove, and not the yellow skull (which is taunt).

OK - next guesses?

Professor Lydia - are you ready to come on in here and put this to rest by telling us what it means even if it might not currently be working as you intended?

Young Wizards with a thirst for knowledge are beeging for a response ;)

You can't reduce threat, if you are the only person creating threat. You have to either 1.) let others out taunt you, by letting them heal for more than you are attacking or have them attack for more than you are or 2.) Use a soothe spell on the next round or have a teammate use a taunt spell.

The spell reduces threat, not remove it.

The dove is the drawing on the soothe cards, not the symbol for taunt (or the lack of it).

All the symbol meanings can be found in-game under the "?" in your spell book. The skull with a yellow circle does in fact represent Threat.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
i thought the yellow thing meant it takes two of the opponents charms and replace it with 1 smoke screen.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
Hopefully it will be fixed soon. There's no point is having a spell whose damage was lowered due to the number of secondary effects it has, when those secondary effects aren't even working.