Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Auction Drop Chance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
OK, so recently, I did the Waterworks four times in a row on two accounts with the same two characters. Every time I defeated Sylster at the end, all I got was junk and one rank 8 mega pet snack. I was trying to get any no auction clothing item, but as usual, I didn't. I also farmed Prince Gobblestone for a straight hour for the heartsteel athame. My friend got three of them while we were fighting him together, and as usual, I got none.
So here is my solution to this uneven, unfair rare drop chance. I think Kingsisle should just have only the rarest items as drops for bosses, none of the junk that most people get whenever farming. Once an item is received, the next time the player fights the boss, the next item alphabetically is dropped. Of course, this should only be applied to bosses since normal enemies don't really drop anything of interest. It would save an immense amount of time for players farming for certain items.

-Valerian Thunder (Level 70)

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Hey your topic is very similar to mine! I hate farming as it takes WAY too much time and i also hate the No-Auction label, cause usually all the best stuff is No-Auction, which basically means Farming Only. For one, bosses take a lot longer to beat then regular enemies, so that's a good chunk of time wasted. (Especially if the boss is in a dungeon) Your idea to solve this is brilliant - we all fight regular enemies all the time and get all sorts of various junk from them and quests, so if bosses could only drop the good stuff, it would turn the 1/50 chance of getting what you want (as that's how many things bosses can drop, rounded), into like 1/5. The alphabetical order could be a bit weird though, because what if you what you want starts with Y or something like that? Some bosses, especially ones with high health, are tiring and boring to fight over and over and over. Still, I guess that you could get the same item over and over again. On my topic, I had some ideas too -

1. Simply remove the No Auction label. This is the main reason people like you and me are annoyed. The best gear usually has this label, and since everyone wants the best gear, I don't see why KI is worried about everyone having the best gear, because then when you level up you get new gear and sell the old stuff, plus, everyone would want it, so you would still have some challenge getting it, just not as irritating. Not to mention the audience of Wizard 101 are all either working or in school, so we have other stuff to do then fight the same boss over and over and over.

2. This one's a bit odd, but what if the Bazaar had every single item in the game? Of course, to balance this out, make everything a bit more expensive, but I know this would help me a lot. Think about the crafting quests - for the one I'm on now, I need 25 Diamonds. They aren't exactly everywhere you know. Besides, when you don't get new equipment, you get a ridiculous amount of gold in your pocket. I had to buy a Dark Redwing (Perm) to empty out some of my gold, and I still have over 100,000 gold.

3. What if we made the equipment like other games, where after you beat the enemy, you can take what you want that they have? You could still make rare items rare of course, and have like a 10 or 5% chance of being able to choose a rare item, or maybe a puzzle like the Silver Chests, but harder. Silver chests are kinda easy to open. Now, there are some abusive people that would try to take everything and sell it all for tons of money - not if there's a limit to what we can get. Say, 2 or 3 for enemies and 5 for a boss. You should automatically get gold, and be able to pick however many reagents they have, but they only have a certain amount of reagents that they carry, so you could only get what you want out of that.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post on my topic? No one posts when you're on the third page. :P It's called "New Idea for Getting Equipment" by Planeswalker1 and it should be on the third page.

Daniel Soulwalker, Level 49 Master Sorcerer