Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New Crown Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
The New Crown Gear

I am impressed with the new wands that have been coming out. The Raven Hoard produced a couple of really nice ones. The stats were worth the crowns and the fact they were new weapons in look made them even better.
The have been a couple of new crown school specific gear releases. Both of them extremely disappointing. The Waterworks gear still seems to be the best gear to have. The Warlord gear has not been updated either.
Why the weird combinations in resistance? The latest release not only has weird stat improvements but the gear looks like low level robes, hats, and shoes. I don’t get it. The idea is put out stuff people are going to want to spend money on right?

When there is gear put out that surpasses the Waterworks gear and looks new, I’ll spend the extra crowns, I promise. Another suggestion: drop the weird resistance to myth/fire/life and similar combinations. If I am going to invest crowns- nothing short of global resistance is going to be an absolute must.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Yeah - I agree (sadly).

Unless you are talking global resistance and higher peirce - I'll keep the WW gear.

I'll forego the bump in power pip chance, damage, and (some) critical for improved global resitance and increased peirce chance (is this working now?) in better gear.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Temperest wrote:
The New Crown Gear

I am impressed with the new wands that have been coming out. The Raven Hoard produced a couple of really nice ones. The stats were worth the crowns and the fact they were new weapons in look made them even better.
The have been a couple of new crown school specific gear releases. Both of them extremely disappointing. The Waterworks gear still seems to be the best gear to have. The Warlord gear has not been updated either.
Why the weird combinations in resistance? The latest release not only has weird stat improvements but the gear looks like low level robes, hats, and shoes. I don’t get it. The idea is put out stuff people are going to want to spend money on right?

When there is gear put out that surpasses the Waterworks gear and looks new, I’ll spend the extra crowns, I promise. Another suggestion: drop the weird resistance to myth/fire/life and similar combinations. If I am going to invest crowns- nothing short of global resistance is going to be an absolute must.

I totally agree with your opinion of the new crowns gear. Even though my Life wizard still has a couple of levels to go for the lvl 70 gear, there is no way I will spend crowns on it. I would certainly look at it again if the gear had global stats, but not with the combinations it now has. The WaterWorks gear is much better than the new stuff.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I agree with both of you. But there is answer I think about how the way clothes look. The design is called "The Elegant Robe" collection. You can search the forums and find out more. Basically the clothes are rare drops from different bosses, some hidden bosses, in Mooshu. It took me almost a month farming Jade Oni for the life Elegant Robe. It's exactly the same one in the crown shop level 70 robe. On top of that, no sets had all three pieces: hat, robe, shoes. One piece was always missing.

This is frustrating now because they took something really rare and now anyone can just buy it.

Ashley

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I agree with everything written in this post so far.

I just don't understand the appeal of the new Level 70 crown gear at all. I mean, at all.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
linnie1222 wrote:
I agree with both of you. But there is answer I think about how the way clothes look. The design is called "The Elegant Robe" collection. You can search the forums and find out more. Basically the clothes are rare drops from different bosses, some hidden bosses, in Mooshu. It took me almost a month farming Jade Oni for the life Elegant Robe. It's exactly the same one in the crown shop level 70 robe. On top of that, no sets had all three pieces: hat, robe, shoes. One piece was always missing.

This is frustrating now because they took something really rare and now anyone can just buy it.

Ashley

Even if it is a "Collection", with the current stats, it is not worth the cost in hard earned money to buy. No crits to speak of and mixed school stats just are not what I am looking for. I would prefer global all the way across the board. It would be nice to be able to boost Primary school stats instead of mixing it up like the crafted gear from CL.

But as for just anyone buying it, NOPE. You have to be level 70, other wise each set has a lock on it so no one can buy any of it until they reach that level.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I couldn't agree more. I just don't get it. And what about the cards that come with them. I am a balance wizard and the cards that come on the boots and hat are ones I already have in my deck.

The clothes I wear (I wear Hood of Judgment, Boots of Judgment, and Weight of the World Cloak) give me 28 percent global resist, the new level 70 crowns gear would give me 28 percent fire, 26 percent ice, and 31 percent storm. Why would I give up 28 percent global resist for that?

Right now the clothes I wear give me 50 percent more power. If I changed to the new clothes, I would lose 24 percent as the new ones would only give me 26 percent.

Right now my clothes give me a 16 percent higher chance of getting power pips, the new ones – nothing.

I also have a 46 percent added critical block to fire, 41 percent, ice, and 61 percent storm. The new clothes have no critical block at all.

The only advantage at all would be the added pierce percent and critical rating. I have clothes now (Baobab's Spirit Hood, Weight of the World Cloak, and Greenwarden's Brilliant Boots) that would give me 197 percent added critical so if that is what I wanted I would wear those as the new ones would give me 160. But I have found that critical doesn’t do me any good against people or bosses that I really need it against because they all block it.

So I will not be purchasing the new level 70 crowns gear and nobody I know is going to buy it either.