Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert Charm (Blade) needed KI!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Spartn63 wrote:
I really dont get the difference..........................................why not use prisms?I dont get it. Please someone explain.

Andrew Legendstaff Lvl38 Life/Myth

Prisms take 4 rounds, 1 for each mob.

A charm would take 1 round for all mob. You really dont see the difference?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Can balance not attack with Elemental attacks? Can Balance not attack with spiritual attack? Do these attacks not get Balance's Boost? Does Balance have a shield?

Do you really expect me to lug around 5 Hydras and Chimeras in anticipation of fighting Balance monsters? Did you not read my reply in which I said that Balance monsters have strong resistance against their own school?

And what you seem to fail to realize is that Armor Piercing does not just work on shields, it also works on Natural resistance.

You also have reshuffle, which no other school has. Again, Balance wants and wants, and wants, but doesn't want other schools to get anything.

When every other school gets 1 spell, balance got 2 spells. When every other school gets shields to either Elemental, if Fire, Ice, or Storm, or a spiritual shield if Death, Life, or Myth, Balance gets shields to all schools.

We got two virtually useless spells that were not worthy of completing an entire side world, now build a bridge and get over it. Plus, it's not like we got two completely different spells; we got the same spell in Elemental and Spiritual. Also, if you haven't noticed by now, Balance draws its power from the other schools. That's why we have Elemental and Spiritual Shields.

Healing is not useless, just because you may not like the spell, does not mean others do not. As far as the Dispels are concerned, they are quite usefull if used at the proper times. Which is more than Frozen Armor can say, or Brilliant light, or Supercharge, etc.

Balance seems to want, want, want, but constantly complains about other schools getting anything, and then want to say what is fair and not fair?

What are you even talking about?!

You are complaining about other schools getting a convert charm, saying, oh balance has to get something if other schools get that. And you are asking me what I am talking about?

Now, there is Armor Piercing, which goes right through resistance for those Balance monsters and Bosses, which don't even have a balance shield to begin with. How much more Overpowered would you like to make Balance to all other schools?

*facepalm* Armor piercing has nothing to do with natural resistance. It's about added resistance like shields. Hence "armor piercing". Again, you constantly bringing up the fact that we don't have a shield isn't helping your case. It's just making you look bad that you won't let it go. If us not having a shield annoys you so much why don't you just train for Unbalance? Surely that's better.

Armor Piercing does deal with natural Resistance. It deals with any resistance. You not knowing your facts before you post is what is making you look bad. I know what I am talking about. This post has nothing to do with Balance, so please stop with the, but what does balance get.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yeah? What about Sorcerers?

Did Sorcerers not get Dispel Elemental & Spiritul spells during the Wintertusk Update? Is that not 2 spells to all other schools 1?

Not everything has to be about the Balance school... I am sure, if KI decides to give Balance a convert, they might make a convert from Elemental to Spiritual or Vise Versa.

Dude, what's your problem? I just pointed out that this doesn't work out for Balance. Jeez. Yes, we did get Elemental and Spiritual Defuse, but they're useless since they're 5 pips per spell, by the time they're available a lot of monsters' attacks are school-specific, and you have to compete an entire side world for the spells. Anyway, your tantrum didn't solve the problem. Again, what does Balance get?

Omg, Balance doesn't get squat. Balance gets and gets and gets! Balance does not need a convert, there is NO shield for balance. So, while all the other schools get a convert blade, Balance will get what they deserve, Nothing!

Hmm, you think Balance just gets and gets and gets? Let's see, they didn't get anything from their Zafarian gear. Chimera isn't really a very strategic spell. We lost damage boost with waterworks gear from level 58 gear. The Judgement pet is utterly useless. So, does Balance deserve nothing? We already got nothing at level 22. OOh, a Power Play, hooray. Spirit and Elemental Defuse are wastes of pips because your enemy would use a lower rank spell then 5. Hooray, another waste. Ra is seriously out of choice because of Power Nova, hooray. Get your own Balance wizard and see how much we "gain". I can list you everything that's a waste to Balance, or at least sometimes a waste:

Until level 50, Sandstorm
Elemental & Spiritual Defuse
Power Play
Spirit OR Elemental Shield is more like it in 1v1, so the 1 takes up space in your deck so you have to spend an extra time for discarding
Ra is much worse then Power Nova at most occasions
The Judgement pet is lame unless hatched
The Hydra pet didn't even reach my needs when I reached level 48, I had a much better pet thanks to wizard101 gift cards :D
Zafarian gear was MOSTLY a waste for Balance, trust me, I should know

Balance doesn't always gain, and if they did, then guess what! Every level you gain something, that happens in every single game right? So even if we gain, (We didn't really gain anything since the last 20 levels except for waterworks gear, health, and spells, which are useless at times) what's so bad about it?

Just because some of these spells might be a waste to you JouJou, does not mean that a good player does not make full use of them.

Sandstorm is a waste until level 50? Enchant Sandstorm with Monstrous sometime, after you get it at level 16. That adds in another 175 damage to the attack, hmm, what stands in Balances way then?

Powerplay, at the time it gets the spell, it is quite handy. Especially since Mander donates power to you all the time, it is easy to cast powerplay and effectively get power pips at low level 100% of the time. So, try again!

Judgment pet, Casting universal dispels. This is a gamble, but so is other spells like insane bolt that can backfire and instantly take yourself out. Whereas Dispels can considerably help you or not, but can never backfire.

Chimera, is a spell that utilizes Spiritual attacks. Is quite powerful if boosted correctly. Ever try a Spiritual Blade Treasure and Spiritual Blade?
Then cast an Infallible treasure card and boost this attack with Colossal and see how pitiful your spell really is. I think you will find it is much more powerful than you or any of the Balance players want to admit.

Enough about your lack of spell use, which is pointless, considering it is a, you may not like it or use it, but others can, will, and do.

Now, on to your talk about gear and new things.

Armor Piercing, let's talk about that, shall we?

20% armor piercing from infallible = 3% armor piercing from new wand

23% armor piercing and no shield against balance attacks

Now add in 275 Colossal Boost

And to think, Balance got nothing? really?

Balance gets plenty, problem is, they want to keep complaining and crying.

Balance does not need a convert, especially since there is no possible shield. Now, if there was a possible shield, then maybe give them a possible convert from spiritual to elemental or elemental to spiritual. But without a balance shield, no way would it ever to be necessary to give them any type of convert.

Now, back to the convert charm, as that is what this post is about. It converts all targets at 1 time, not taking 4 rounds to convert each target individually, since someone said they don't understand why it would be needed.

Oh, believe me, I know how much I can hit with Chimera. And 1 thing, you don't get Monstrous or any Moon school spells until level 50, so my point proven right there.

Infallible gives 15% Armor Pierce, not 20%. Only the TC versions do. Also, not every single player has crowns to pay for the wands you know, so not every single Balance wizard would get this, and Infallible can be trained by other schools too, so my point proven right there.

Colossal, really? Star is the best Astral school for Balance imo, and so far, I'm not seeing any Colossal's. I use Gargantuan TC's because they're not as rare.

I did and still do use a huge variety of spells, and Chimera is one that I prefer not to use. Whenever someone in pvp sees a Balance wizard at level 68+, 1st round, Spirit Shield or at least a shield to block Spirit spells.

Ice also gains and gains and gains right? So, why give them the prism blade? Fire keeps on gaining, why get a prism blade? See? Every school gains, that's the point of levelling up. Do you think that people just level up for the number to be higher? NO. Everyone, and EVERYONE levels up to become stronger, and everyone expects that. There's nothing wrong with gaining. People just have to deal with having trouble against Balance wizards.

The majority of Balance wizards don't even play as well on their Balance wizards on other schools. So, the majority you face in PvP don't have much strategy. People just use their Balance wizards even if they're not good because that's what they started with, and I find that that's not a good idea. Take the fact that you lose against Balance wizards (You're not admitting it yet, and you're making it obvious too), so stop whining for a Balance Shield, for Balance to get nothing in the next few levels, and such. Face the fact that you need to work on strategy. I faced the fact that I lost to an Ice wizard with 55% resist, and 85% resist to Fire and Storm. I found a way to defeat Ice just as easily as a Storm now, so you should find your own way.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Good idea for some students. It would be cool to have a blade convert tho. You know instead of just a regular convert spell it would be a blade spell that converts your blade, or your shield instead of just a convert all by its self.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
And what you seem to fail to realize is that Armor Piercing does not just work on shields, it also works on Natural resistance.

You also have reshuffle, which no other school has. Again, Balance wants and wants, and wants, but doesn't want other schools to get anything.

What you fail to realize is that I'm not about to drop all my equipment, which I invested a ton in, and just use equipment that offers armor piercing. I'm also not about to start carrying around Snipers, Unstoppables, and Extraordinaries. I may have Reshuffle, but that's 4 pips that I need to waste on reshuffling my deck. I can't really afford that in a Balance mob.

Healing is not useless, just because you may not like the spell, does not mean others do not. As far as the Dispels are concerned, they are quite usefull if used at the proper times. Which is more than Frozen Armor can say, or Brilliant light, or Supercharge, etc.

Where did I say anything about Healing Hands and/or Availing Hands? And everything's useful "if used at the proper times". Forget that; I need spells that aren't highly situational, and to be honest I find Brilliant Light and Supercharge to be infinitely more useful than the two Defuses we got.

You are complaining about other schools getting a convert charm, saying, oh balance has to get something if other schools get that. And you are asking me what I am talking about?

Because it's fair, not because I'm trying to act spoiled. Again, I didn't make the decision to give us a ton of near useless spells that the other schools don't have, so why are you taking your anger out on us when you really should be mad at KI? In any event, that's the way it is. Get over it. What annoys me is that you can't even be mature enough to drop your vendetta with Sorcerers over things we can't control.

Armor Piercing does deal with natural Resistance. It deals with any resistance. You not knowing your facts before you post is what is making you look bad. I know what I am talking about. This post has nothing to do with Balance, so please stop with the, but what does balance get.

Hmm...it seems I read the update notes wrong. Sorry about that. Anyway, like I already said, armor piercing is only available in Sun spells and equipment. I'm not about to drop everything in order to make use of armor piercing.

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Spartn63 wrote:
I really dont get the difference..........................................why not use prisms?I dont get it. Please someone explain.

Andrew Legendstaff Lvl38 Life/Myth

Prisms take 4 rounds, 1 for each mob.

A charm would take 1 round for all mob. You really dont see the difference?

Especially for fire....

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Oh, believe me, I know how much I can hit with Chimera. And 1 thing, you don't get Monstrous or any Moon school spells until level 50, so my point proven right there.

Actually, you can but monstrous treasure cards in the Bazaar at any level, they are between 100 and 200 gold each, which is quite cheap. There is also gear below level 50 that has this card. There are also pets that not only have monstrous, but gargantuan as well, which is more powerful, so how have you proven your point right there?

Infallible gives 15% Armor Pierce, not 20%. Only the TC versions do. Also, not every single player has crowns to pay for the wands you know, so not every single Balance wizard would get this, and Infallible can be trained by other schools too, so my point proven right there.

Infallible treasure cards can be bought at the Zafarian Library, as many as you like and always with a 20% accuracy increase and 20% armor piercing. No training points are necessary, no learning new spells. Just keep a couple in your side deck and you are all set. So again, how are any of your points proven?

Colossal, really? Star is the best Astral school for Balance imo, and so far, I'm not seeing any Colossal's. I use Gargantuan TC's because they're not as rare.

Again, depends on your point of view and preference. Just because you went one way, does not mean everyone will. Infallible is just as easy to obtain as Gargantuan is, so what point are you trying to make here?

I did and still do use a huge variety of spells, and Chimera is one that I prefer not to use. Whenever someone in pvp sees a Balance wizard at level 68+, 1st round, Spirit Shield or at least a shield to block Spirit spells.

Wow, spirit shields 1st round? you mean they left you wide open to use Hydra without any protection? And your complaint is what? especially since we are talking about convert charms here.

Ice also gains and gains and gains right? So, why give them the prism blade? Fire keeps on gaining, why get a prism blade? See? Every school gains, that's the point of levelling up. Do you think that people just level up for the number to be higher? NO. Everyone, and EVERYONE levels up to become stronger, and everyone expects that. There's nothing wrong with gaining. People just have to deal with having trouble against Balance wizards.

This has nothing to do with anyone having a problem against Balance Wizards, this has to do with a Convert Charm. How is this to difficult a subject to grasp? The point is, Balance wants something every time another school gets something. When Balance got 2 of something when other schools got 1, did you see other schools complaining? NO

The majority of Balance wizards don't even play as well on their Balance wizards on other schools. So, the majority you face in PvP don't have much strategy. People just use their Balance wizards even if they're not good because that's what they started with, and I find that that's not a good idea. Take the fact that you lose against Balance wizards (You're not admitting it yet, and you're making it obvious too), so stop whining for a Balance Shield, for Balance to get nothing in the next few levels, and such. Face the fact that you need to work on strategy. I faced the fact that I lost to an Ice wizard with 55% resist, and 85% resist to Fire and Storm. I found a way to defeat Ice just as easily as a Storm now, so you should find your own way.

Again, this has nothing to do with PvP or fighting Balance, this has to do with the game and a convert charm being needed.

Balance players need to get off their high horse and quit demanding they get something when everyone else does.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

What you fail to realize is that I'm not about to drop all my equipment, which I invested a ton in, and just use equipment that offers armor piercing. I'm also not about to start carrying around Snipers, Unstoppables, and Extraordinaries. I may have Reshuffle, but that's 4 pips that I need to waste on reshuffling my deck. I can't really afford that in a Balance mob.

Nobody is asking you to drop all your equipment, the new gear is a waste. All you have to do, is go to the Zafarian Library and invest in Infallible. And maybe purchase the new Wand for 23% armor piercing, to which there is no shield against for balance. Now, if you do want more armor piercing, you can use unstoppable etc. To which, there is no balance shield against.

Where did I say anything about Healing Hands and/or Availing Hands? And everything's useful "if used at the proper times". Forget that; I need spells that aren't highly situational, and to be honest I find Brilliant Light and Supercharge to be infinitely more useful than the two Defuses we got.

Every school gets useless spells, from disarmament, to ice armor, frozen armor, the list goes on and on. Does not change the fact that balance got 2 spells to everyone else's 1. Balance also got shields to all schools, 2 spells then. Yet, you want to say, you want what is fair? This is fair, that schools get a convert charm and balance does not.

Because it's fair, not because I'm trying to act spoiled. Again, I didn't make the decision to give us a ton of near useless spells that the other schools don't have, so why are you taking your anger out on us when you really should be mad at KI? In any event, that's the way it is. Get over it. What annoys me is that you can't even be mature enough to drop your vendetta with Sorcerers over things we can't control.

This has nothing to do with a vendetta, you are the one saying, but what does Balance get. Give it a rest, Balance does not need something every single time other schools get something. You want balance to have something, fine, they can have donate health spell, for 3 pips, they donate 600 health.

Hmm...it seems I read the update notes wrong. Sorry about that. Anyway, like I already said, armor piercing is only available in Sun spells and equipment. I'm not about to drop everything in order to make use of armor piercing.

Again, you dont have to drop everything in order to get, it depends on how much you want. Balance again gets the best offense since no defense is present and now wants to scream wolf because of a convert charm idea.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Actually, you can but monstrous treasure cards in the Bazaar at any level, they are between 100 and 200 gold each, which is quite cheap. There is also gear below level 50 that has this card. There are also pets that not only have monstrous, but gargantuan as well, which is more powerful, so how have you proven your point right there?

Infallible treasure cards can be bought at the Zafarian Library, as many as you like and always with a 20% accuracy increase and 20% armor piercing. No training points are necessary, no learning new spells. Just keep a couple in your side deck and you are all set. So again, how are any of your points proven?

Again, depends on your point of view and preference. Just because you went one way, does not mean everyone will. Infallible is just as easy to obtain as Gargantuan is, so what point are you trying to make here?

Wow, spirit shields 1st round? you mean they left you wide open to use Hydra without any protection? And your complaint is what? especially since we are talking about convert charms here.

This has nothing to do with anyone having a problem against Balance Wizards, this has to do with a Convert Charm. How is this to difficult a subject to grasp? The point is, Balance wants something every time another school gets something. When Balance got 2 of something when other schools got 1, did you see other schools complaining? NO

Again, this has nothing to do with PvP or fighting Balance, this has to do with the game and a convert charm being needed.

Balance players need to get off their high horse and quit demanding they get something when everyone else does.

Not many people will go to Zafaria JUST to get TC's. Also, Monstrous rarely shows up in the Bazaar. Balance has its own ways to attack yes, but what would be so bad about giving them something? Balance REALLY needs a Spiritual Blast. Maybe that, and also a Balance Shield? It's either those 2, or just Spiritual Blast.

Only and ONLY if Balance gets a powerful Balance damage spell or if we get Spiritual Blast will we accept the Balance Shield. So, if the Balance Shield came it, as well as the Spiritual Blast, would all be good?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Not many people will go to Zafaria JUST to get TC's. Also, Monstrous rarely shows up in the Bazaar. Balance has its own ways to attack yes, but what would be so bad about giving them something? Balance REALLY needs a Spiritual Blast. Maybe that, and also a Balance Shield? It's either those 2, or just Spiritual Blast.

Only and ONLY if Balance gets a powerful Balance damage spell or if we get Spiritual Blast will we accept the Balance Shield. So, if the Balance Shield came it, as well as the Spiritual Blast, would all be good?

Monstrous shows up at the bazaar a lot more than you think. Just farm the Myth Treasure cards for 10 minutes, I bet you can easily get about 10 to 20 of the monstrous treasure cards.

I do agree, balance does need a Spiritual Blast spell, as well as a Powerful Balance attack. This is not the end of the game, new stuff will come out, gear will get better, more armor piercing will be on gear, etc.

Yes, it is time for new spells, new gear, and new shields. I agree with you.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
What upsets me is that if someone posted something like this you would bash them with your arguments, but if you post something like this you expect everyone to agree with you?.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
What upsets me is that if someone posted something like this you would bash them with your arguments, but if you post something like this you expect everyone to agree with you?.

I don't bash people with good ideas... Many people have stated very good ideas and I have supported them. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, however, just because I state an idea, I don't expect all the poor little balance wizards to whine and cry, asking, but what do I get?

This is an idea for a Convert Blade, not a thread about what Balance thinks they deserve. Now, if you Balance wizards would quit hijacking my thread, we can get back to the idea for a Convert Charm, which is needed btw.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
So you assume am balance? incorrect and my post wasn't going toward people who are balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

I don't bash people with good ideas... Many people have stated very good ideas and I have supported them. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, however, just because I state an idea, I don't expect all the poor little balance wizards to whine and cry, asking, but what do I get?

This is an idea for a Convert Blade, not a thread about what Balance thinks they deserve. Now, if you Balance wizards would quit hijacking my thread, we can get back to the idea for a Convert Charm, which is needed btw.

You're lucky I decided to stop the whining, because 1 thing:
Balance should get 2 spells, not just 1. 1 of them will be bad. A Balance Shield, and Spiritual Blast. So, that's fair for what Balance "gets".
And I think the convert charm should be 2 pips, not just 1.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

You still don't get it, do you? We're not whining; this is a legitimate flaw in your idea. KI obviously isn't gonna incorporate your idea because of your clear bias against Balance. And we're not hijacking anything; our concerns have to do with your idea and why you're being so unfair for no good reason.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
So you assume am balance? incorrect and my post wasn't going toward people who are balance.

I did not assume anything. I stated the facts. Balance has been trying to hijack this thread.

If Balance wants something, or if Balance wants a convert blade, Balance can post the idea or start a new thread, not hijack this thread, stating that my idea is wrong.

If KI wants balance to have a convert, they will give balance a convert, if not, KI might give them a spiritual blast spell.

It is not up to me to come up with Ideas for the Balance complainers. I am here, because I am asking KI to incorperate a convert charm.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:

Balance should get 2 spells, not just 1. 1 of them will be bad. A Balance Shield, and Spiritual Blast. So, that's fair for what Balance "gets".

You have my vote JouJou, sounds good to me!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

You still don't get it, do you? We're not whining; this is a legitimate flaw in your idea. KI obviously isn't gonna incorporate your idea because of your clear bias against Balance. And we're not hijacking anything; our concerns have to do with your idea and why you're being so unfair for no good reason.

This is not Biased against Balance, if KI wants balance to have a convert, KI will make a convert for balance. If not, I am sure KI will give balance a spell such as spiritual blast.

Balance is Hijacking my thread, because if Balance wants something, they should do exactly what I did, start a thread, post ideas, etc.

It is not my job to come up with alternatives or idea for balance. I came up with the convert charm, because it is something that is needed in the game, be it 1 or 2 pips, either would be fine.

If you want something for Balance, post your idea or start a thread.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
This is not Biased against Balance, if KI wants balance to have a convert, KI will make a convert for balance. If not, I am sure KI will give balance a spell such as spiritual blast.

Balance is Hijacking my thread, because if Balance wants something, they should do exactly what I did, start a thread, post ideas, etc.

It is not my job to come up with alternatives or idea for balance. I came up with the convert charm, because it is something that is needed in the game, be it 1 or 2 pips, either would be fine.

If you want something for Balance, post your idea or start a thread.

*sigh* Forget it. You're not hearing what we're saying because you're too busy listening to the sound your own voice.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
Everyone needs to stop worrying about balance!

I have a balance wizard, and I am a little upset with some of the spells! But I don't go complaining about them, I suck it up and just deal with it because I love Balance. Although, I seem to die a lot. :(

The convert idea was a very good one.

JouJou, I love your idea!

No one is hijacking anything, so almost all your arguments about that are pointless.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
I think balance should get a blade a sheild and a trap for their school only.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
So a prism in charm form? Sure, but what about Sorcerers? We don't even have a prism to begin with.
.Sorcerers make me so jealous

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:

I'm fine with Balance getting one spell since we've seen what getting two spells leads to...And you do realize getting a Balance shield will eventually bite us in the end, right? Since we have no way of getting around a Balance shield besides a breaking it with a Balance attack or Hydra/Chimera, whatever charms and wards we have set up will most likely be all for naught.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011