Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rain of Ice

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I like ice, it's fun to think of spells for them. I wanted to think of something more defensive but with a touch of offense:

Rain of Ice
7 pips
525 damage to all enemies and absorb 900 damage to self.
So this will not only attack enemies but provide the ice wizard with some armor to absorb damage.

A white cloud rises from the center of the casting zone, it expands above over head and numerous but tiny icicles rain down on targets, a wall of ice then grows in front of the ice wizard, turning into the armor.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
I like ice, it's fun to think of spells for them. I wanted to think of something more defensive but with a touch of offense:

Rain of Ice
7 pips
525 damage to all enemies and absorb 900 damage to self.
So this will not only attack enemies but provide the ice wizard with some armor to absorb damage.

A white cloud rises from the center of the casting zone, it expands above over head and numerous but tiny icicles rain down on targets, a wall of ice then grows in front of the ice wizard, turning into the armor.

I like the spell itself a lot, but the damage/absorb doesn't compute. Damage of 600 with an absorb of an equal amount makes more sense and is more comparable to other existing spells.
But I'd love to see this in action! :)

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
the absorb is fine like it.is, ice is a shielding school, and frozen armorial would only require about 5 pips for it. maybe like a hundred less but i like it.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
WAY too much. First of all, Frost Giant, which does 475 to all enemies, and stuns, is 7 pips too. That could be a rank 10 spell, because of the really high absorb, plus the fact however you may want ice to do a lot of base damage, it doesn't.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
525 isn't a lot for a 7 pip cost spell like this, and remember guys, absorb armors do not hold with player resistance, so the armor can be removed pretty easily for that amount, especially with how hard people hit. And ice specializes in defenses. This is a unique way of looking at ice spells honestly. Instead of actually taunting, the ice is getting defensive while striking. It's great in team play against computer opponents, an ice can draw enemy attention with damage, and have armor to take the hits.

Hmm, anyone willing to test pierce gear and pierce aura hitting a full blast frozen armor? How does pierce affect absorb type armor?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
525 isn't a lot for a 7 pip cost spell like this, and remember guys, absorb armors do not hold with player resistance, so the armor can be removed pretty easily for that amount, especially with how hard people hit. And ice specializes in defenses. This is a unique way of looking at ice spells honestly. Instead of actually taunting, the ice is getting defensive while striking. It's great in team play against computer opponents, an ice can draw enemy attention with damage, and have armor to take the hits.

Hmm, anyone willing to test pierce gear and pierce aura hitting a full blast frozen armor? How does pierce affect absorb type armor?

525 damage is worth 7 pips yes, but the absorb is what makes it really count. Traps don't seem to activate with absorbs unless you activate the trap after it, so it could be a little hard to take out, and Ice already has 5000 health.