Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for the Match Making System

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
So, as you may read, the Match Making System of Wizard101 PvP is kinda... *gulp* Horrid. So I have some suggestions to fix it! 1. In 2v2, a high level can use a low level to be paired up with mid-level people. Solution: Make it to where there is another high-low level team being paired with you. That way, the lower mid-levels can have a chance.
In 1v1, a high-level might be paired with a low-mid level. All they have to do is critical and they die. Solution: Pair the up so that both people have to have Critical and Block and be at elast level 50. I knwo the Ravens Hoard gives block at earlier levels, but not enough. Insane Bolt: The new Talos. Maybe make it to where it is No PvP? That would reduce the complaints ten-fold. And the final suggestion: Keep the resistance level around the same for both teams. Maybe like if one person has 45% resist, make the other person have at least 40-50% resist. Or levelize it by 10 level intervals. I am sure if these suggestions are implemented, the PvP section of the MEssage Boards will kinda... Die... because a lot of complaints have vanished 8)
What so you think? *Feedback required*

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
So, as you may read, the Match Making System of Wizard101 PvP is kinda... *gulp* Horrid. So I have some suggestions to fix it! 1. In 2v2, a high level can use a low level to be paired up with mid-level people. Solution: Make it to where there is another high-low level team being paired with you. That way, the lower mid-levels can have a chance.
In 1v1, a high-level might be paired with a low-mid level. All they have to do is critical and they die. Solution: Pair the up so that both people have to have Critical and Block and be at elast level 50. I knwo the Ravens Hoard gives block at earlier levels, but not enough. Insane Bolt: The new Talos. Maybe make it to where it is No PvP? That would reduce the complaints ten-fold. And the final suggestion: Keep the resistance level around the same for both teams. Maybe like if one person has 45% resist, make the other person have at least 40-50% resist. Or levelize it by 10 level intervals. I am sure if these suggestions are implemented, the PvP section of the MEssage Boards will kinda... Die... because a lot of complaints have vanished 8)
What so you think? *Feedback required*

First, you can't make random matches occur without the players being online. Your solution would work if you could ensure there will always be another high and low level team (but you can't guarentee that with all timezones or every time you enter the arena). If there is an odd number of total people, someone isn't matched up correctly. And you can have an odd number of total people, 50% of the time.

Everyone assumes there is someone with the same exact level in the PvP arena when they go in. Just like everyone assumes there has to be a diamond reagent for sell in the Bazaar. Even if you know for a fact someone just sold it, it's not available for purchase......hmmmm. The amount of, types of, and levels of players are constantly changing in the arena.

Finally, if you made all the resist the same, why would you even wear armor with resists? If your suggestion was implemented, I would never put resist on my gear for PvP, because I would automatically assume the resist of my opponent. Therefore I would max other stats.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
I just created a post to address this very issue, before I realized other threads like this existed, my bad. In any event, I think I have a fair solution to propose in it (with a more than simple but not too terribly complicated algorithm), but it's a rather long post so I've broken it up into parts.

Alas, this being my first post, I didn't realize there would be a 12 to 24 hour waiting period on a post. I'll try to post the remaining posts to it as soon as possible. But be on the look out for a thread:

2v2 (and other multi Rank) Pairing Exploit