Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wow...

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I fought a Storm transcended, and he had 210 critical rating. I have 80 something block rating. And I never critical blocked him! I shielded yes, but he was smart to use Wild Bolt to shake it off. Still hitting 1700 damage! That's because he criticalled. Then, he kept on criticalling and I NEVER blocked. I asked him if anyone lately critical blocked him, and he said no. Is it impossible to critical block something over 210 critical rating? I went in 4v4 with him: Criticalled Sirens, no Ice wizard even blocked! There was 1 opponent with 100 block rating who didn't critical block. Is it possible to critical block Storm like that? Unless you have 105 critical block rating? Otherwise Storm is overpowered with that.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I have a friend who always critcals alot, your not the only one who fought with a wiz who always crit.-ed...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
When a Storm chooses to go for Critical, all his other stats suffer. No offense, but did you honestly think you could survive a Storm battle without shields? Even if he had 5 Critical, you would die. Storm is overpowered this, Storm is overpowered that, you'd think we have a one pip million damage AoE. Shields are the key to success, stop complaining and restrategize. I have a hard time beating Ice, so I train and get stronger against them, it's more fun that way.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Apologies, didn't see the part where you said you had shielded, I was in conversation while reading. Yes, some Storms remove shields, thats why you cast them more then once.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Apologies, didn't see the part where you said you had shielded, I was in conversation while reading. Yes, some Storms remove shields, thats why you cast them more then once.

I spam like crazy, here what I used:
Round 1: Tower Shield
Round 2: Volcanic Shield
Round 3: Elemental Shield
Round 4: Weakness
Round 5: Dragonblade
Round 6: Storm Spectral Blast hitting over 1000 damage
Round 7: Fizzled (Sirens)
Round 8: Got hit by Triton and died.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
When a Storm chooses to go for Critical, all his other stats suffer. No offense, but did you honestly think you could survive a Storm battle without shields? Even if he had 5 Critical, you would die. Storm is overpowered this, Storm is overpowered that, you'd think we have a one pip million damage AoE. Shields are the key to success, stop complaining and restrategize. I have a hard time beating Ice, so I train and get stronger against them, it's more fun that way.

The damage boost was at 75%. He hardly lost anything. And as I said, it was IMPOSSIBLE to critical block. A bunch of people complained when we did ranked pvp.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
I fought a Storm transcended, and he had 210 critical rating. I have 80 something block rating. And I never critical blocked him! I shielded yes, but he was smart to use Wild Bolt to shake it off. Still hitting 1700 damage! That's because he criticalled. Then, he kept on criticalling and I NEVER blocked. I asked him if anyone lately critical blocked him, and he said no. Is it impossible to critical block something over 210 critical rating? I went in 4v4 with him: Criticalled Sirens, no Ice wizard even blocked! There was 1 opponent with 100 block rating who didn't critical block. Is it possible to critical block Storm like that? Unless you have 105 critical block rating? Otherwise Storm is overpowered with that.

lol, your saying that your friend the storm wizard criticals all the time and the poor ice wizard didn't block? lol, so I am assuming that your friend did not have an issue killing the ice wizard? there is another post complaining about how powerful ice is because of their resist & block, and your here telling us how powerful your storm friend is and ice cannot block it.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

The damage boost was at 75%. He hardly lost anything. And as I said, it was IMPOSSIBLE to critical block. A bunch of people complained when we did ranked pvp.
A good Storm has at least 10% more Damage then that. Also, why didn't you attack him with lower pip, enchanted spells? According to the list of spells you cast, you're a Diviner with a Secondary school in Balance, and a third school in Ice. In my eyes, you should have used enchanted Krakens and Sharks before he could charge an attack and kill. Just because you couldn't block him, doesn't mean he was impossible to beat. I lose to Storms and don't Block, but I don't write posts about it......

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

A good Storm has at least 10% more Damage then that. Also, why didn't you attack him with lower pip, enchanted spells? According to the list of spells you cast, you're a Diviner with a Secondary school in Balance, and a third school in Ice. In my eyes, you should have used enchanted Krakens and Sharks before he could charge an attack and kill. Just because you couldn't block him, doesn't mean he was impossible to beat. I lose to Storms and don't Block, but I don't write posts about it......

I'm actually a Balance wizard, and I like spamming 1400 damage with Spectral Blasts, my type of spell

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
This isn't a complaint! I'm just asking if it's possible to critical block a Storm with 210 critical, thank you.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010