Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snacks waste of games and players time

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I see where the game has added new snacks. I have not bought any because they are scooped up as soon as they are placed out. If Game is not going to make enough of these treats to go around they should just discontinue them.
While few will reap the benefits of these snacks those that can not buy them suffer the loss, so instead of having unfair snack options it should be to everyones advantage and fair play to stop offering just limited snack.
I would love to buy some of the snacks the game has placed in limited quanity but as of now i stop my kids from trying to buy because it is waste of time to not buy while waiting a long time for them to show. This is unfair to all players in the game and dont tell me that everyone has an even chance, when 5 snacks are there for taking and ten players want them someone will walk away empty handed making is a little unfair to them. This is what I call unfair to all. I would like to see the game offer more snacks or just stop offering limited snacks. Personally I feed my pets what my Garden grows. but as I see my kids try to buy these snacks I can see how unfair it is .Always waiting long periods of time and walking away empty handed. They soon give up and go play other games.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I see where the game has added new snacks. I have not bought any because they are scooped up as soon as they are placed out. If Game is not going to make enough of these treats to go around they should just discontinue them.
While few will reap the benefits of these snacks those that can not buy them suffer the loss, so instead of having unfair snack options it should be to everyones advantage and fair play to stop offering just limited snack.
I would love to buy some of the snacks the game has placed in limited quanity but as of now i stop my kids from trying to buy because it is waste of time to not buy while waiting a long time for them to show. This is unfair to all players in the game and dont tell me that everyone has an even chance, when 5 snacks are there for taking and ten players want them someone will walk away empty handed making is a little unfair to them. This is what I call unfair to all. I would like to see the game offer more snacks or just stop offering limited snacks. Personally I feed my pets what my Garden grows. but as I see my kids try to buy these snacks I can see how unfair it is .Always waiting long periods of time and walking away empty handed. They soon give up and go play other games.

It is not unfair at all. In life, you do not get everything you want. The game is that way as well. Everyone has the opportunity to collect/earn gold and go to the bazaar and buy things, including pet snacks. Everyone has the same chance as everyone else.
You also have the opportunity to buy the pet snack pack and mega pack in the crowns shop.
That's your choice. But don't state that the setup or game isn't fair. That's not correct.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The new snacks are coming from the Raven's Hoard pack. If you really want them that badly they are available for purchase at a chance at some of them.

Plus, these particular snacks will likely manifest in future dungeons or new plants after the newness wears off from the Hoard pack.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
it is as fair as life ( which isnt very fair i my opinion ).

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Yeah the new snacks are from the raven hoard packs. They are rare because they are new. No one has many of them. A few people are not raising pets so those people sell their snacks to the bazaar. I agree that your kids should not try to buy those new snacks. In a few months the snacks may become common enough that there may be a reasonable amount in the bazaar, but not now.

Another thing to consider, regular monsters drop snacks. If your kids get a wizard to a high enough level, they can go to advanced areas like dragonspire and celestia, the regular monsters in those locations will drop much better snacks than monsters in low level worlds.

The problem with shopping at the bazaar is that you can only buy things that other people sell. A person has to not need pet snacks, and they have to remember to sell them to the bazaar. If I am not raising a pet, it is easy to forget that I could sell snacks to the bazaar.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I dont think it's that the game really has limited quantity of the snacks you look for or are speaking of, its that those who sell them at the bazaar simply didnt need them (for their specific pet) or they dont pet train which is how they end up at the bazaar.

In fairness, I think all pet snacks that have come out should have recipes so we can craft them, every single kind of snack. You could also check on gardening sources for high lvl pet snacks, when I garden, I pick my plants based on either the snacks they may drop or the reagents, so I have lots of fickle pickle and evil magma peas for reagents and various other plants for snacks, i forget which one drops a 7 point ice snack, and one drops a 7 point fire snack. Also getting some 8 point life and myth snacks from somewhere, think its a plant, could have been the boon tree but not sure.

Go to this page and either pick one of the options regarding snacks or type in the name of the snack you are looking for and you can get info on who drops it or what plants drop it/where it comes from in general, then I hold the ctrl button and click the various places or plants that drop the snack to get another page about those things :) Hope this helps